36th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

They walked down a corridor at the police station. One police man walked in front of Sora, while L.Joe walked next to her. He kept on looking at her, but she kept her gaze on the floor. On the end of the corridor were two chairs and on one was sitting Sora's father. As he saw her, he quickly approached.

>>Sora!<< He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly. >>Where have you been? What happened to you? Are you okay?<<

>>We can talk about that inside<<, the police man said and opened a door to another room.

They all went inside and sat down. L.Joe looked at the guy who was sitting in the room before they came in. It was his brother.

So Byunghun finally found her? His brother thought.

>>Soo. . .tell us what happened<<, the police man told Sora.

She swallowed but didn't say anything.

>>You got kidnapped, right?<<

She slowly nodded.

>>Do you remember what happened when you woke up or how you got to the house?<<

She nodded again. >>I-I was unconscious when he brought me there. . .when I woke up I was in a room. . .I wasn't bound or anything. . . just in that locked room.<< Her voice wasn't louder than a whisper.

>>Did he harm you in any way?<<

Sora shook her head immediately. >>No, no. He didn't do anything to me. . . indeed he cared for me. . .<<

>>He cared for you?<<

Sora nodded.

>>What is his name?<<

Sora looked to the ground. >>He never told me his real name<<, she lied. Out of the angle of her eye, she saw L.Joe stiffened. Sora looked at him, pleading to let his mouth shut. L.Joe bit his lip and stared out of the window.

>>Did you try to escape?<<

>>Yes. . .at first. . .bit I couldn't. . .so I stayed. . .I- I didn't want to leave in the end.<<

>>Why was that?<<

>>Because. . .<<, she trailed off.

Everyone waited for her to say something, but she didn't.

>>Do you want the others to go?<<, L.Joe's brother asked.

Sora shook her head. >>I abandon to a lawsuit<<, she said.

L.Joe and her father looked at her shocked. The two police men looked at each other unsure.

>>Well, if that is your wish, we'll do it.<<

 

 

>>The police is getting your stuff this evening<<, Sora's father told her on their way home.

Sora nodded, looking outside the window.

>>And you really don't want to talk about it?<<

>>No. It's okay. . .I'm fine. Don't worry about me.<<

>>Do you want me to cook something for you?<<

>>No. I'm not hungry. I just want to rest.<<

Her father nodded, understanding. >>The news about you returning will be coming out tomorrow, so I thought it would be the best, if you stay home for a week.<<

Sora nodded.

 

As they parked in front of the house, Sora sighed. To see her house after all this time again, was strange. They entered the house and Sora looked around. It was so different from the house she had lived in with L and still it was so familiar. I'm home again.

She went into her room and looked around. Everything was neat and tidy. Her wardrobe was empty, but besides that, everything was on its place.

Sora laid down on her bed and closed her eyes. She saw pictures of L.Joe and L in her mind's eye. It made her feel strange. She was used to wake up in L's arms, being with him for the whole day. Now she was back in her old life . . . alone.

I'm really back again . . . but . . . but what will happen now? What about L . . . ? I'm going to see him again, am I? What should we do? What should I do? I have to return to school, right? People will look at me . . . They'll start talking about me . . . what am I going to do then?

She reached out for her phone, which was lying on her night table. She looked at her phone list. It showed how many times Chaejin and L.Joe had tried to call her.

She let out a deep sigh, seeing the number of missed calls.

 

Her father knocked on her door in the late evening. Sora got up from her bed and opened the door. He stood there with a carton and on of top of that her violin. >>Here, your stuff.<< He smiled at her and put the carton and her violin on the floor.

Sora silently took the carton and walked over to her wardrobe.

>>Do you want to eat something?<<, her father asked once again but Sora just shook her head.

As her father left her room, she started to unpack her things.

As she held a pullover in her hands, a light scent of L surrounded her.

She clasped the pullover in her hands and sniffed. L. . .please come back quickly. I miss you already. She wiped away the tears and finished unpacking her stuff.

 

In the late evening, she went out of her room, into the kitchen to get herself a glass of water. She took a glance outside and sighed. Of course he isn't there. I told him to leave for his own safety, so he wouldn't stay . . . would he?

No! I shouldn't want him to be here. When my father or L.Joe see him here, they wouldn't hesitant to report it to the police. It's better for him to stay away from me, but . . . I miss him.

 

She went back to her room and laid down in her bed. Next to her laid a scarf, which actually belonged to L. It seemed that the police had mixed up some things. But Sora was glad. She had a scarf from him and it would always remind her of him. Sora cuddled with the scarf and fell asleep, with the wish that L would come back soon.

 

The next morning, Sora woke up, smelling the scent of the scarf. She thought that L would lie next to her. A small smile formed on her face but when she opened her eyes, there was nothing. Her smile faded and she sighed.

 

The following days, she would only leave her room in order to get something to drink or eat, to go to the bathroom or the music room.

Whenever she passed her father, he would give her concerned looks and ask if she was okay, but she would barely reply.

 

It was Sunday evening and Sora just finished playing the violin and went into her room. Her school uniform laid on top of her bed. She slightly frowned.

I have to go to school tomorrow again . . . People will talk about me, right? They will look at me and think I'm strange. They will ask why I abandon to lawsuit . . . I'll see my classmates again . . . Chaejin . . . and eventually L.Joe . . .

She had tried hard not to think about him, but the things he had told her a week ago, just came up her mind again. He said, it hurt to not see me . . . that was the reason he ignored me . . . Sora bit her lip, tried to held back the tears. Why are you telling me these words? Why did you rescue me? Why did you have to take me away from L? I was happy with him . . . Whenever I'm happy, there's someone who comes and ruins it for me. L.Joe messed up everything. I'm so confused by his words.

She buried her face in her pillow. So L.Joe liked me back then, but didn't realize it? And he liked me when I came back, too? Does he still like me? And what if he does? Why am I interested anyways? L will come back and we'll leave for Oregon . . . I want that, right?