3rd

I only miss you when I'm breathing

She looked at herself in the mirror. She didn't think the yellow school uniform suited her, but since she had to wear it, she just avoided looking at herself for not feeling stupid.

She went into the kitchen and ate the food her father had just prepared. >>Good morning! Did you sleep well?<<

Sora nodded. Her father didn't need to know she hadn't slept well. It had been just another awful night, full of nightmares.

>>Are you nervous about school?<<

She shook her head. Again a lie. She was scared as hell. Scared that she couldn't maintain her cover of being a normal girl, that people would make fun of her or make her life as hard as possible like they'd done back then.

 

Her father drove her to school and walked her to the secretary. Even that was was complicated, since some of the students they passed, recognized him. As she got welcomed as a new student on Seoul Arts High School, she got her books she needed, her timetable and her locker number.

Arrived at her first class, English, she got introduced to the class.

Sora looked around the classroom and her eyes landed on Chaejin. He smiled at her and she was relived to see him again, although she didn't know why.

>>Please sit next to No Minwoo. The boy with the brown hair.<< The teacher pointed at a handsome boy, behind Chaejin.

No Minwoo? Isn't he from this group called 'Boyfriend'? Sora shrugged the thought off and sat down next to him.

>>Hello.<< She gave him a friendly smile.

>>Hey<<, he said and smiled as well.

Chaejin turned around to her. >>Hey, seems like I see you again.<<

Sora nodded and smiled. Then she looked at Chaejin closely. He really looked tired. Probably a late schedule?    

 

After class had ended, Chaejin waited for her to pack up her stuff.

>>What's your next class?<<, he asked, obviously to help her.

>>Acting with Mrs Lee.<<

>>Mine too. Let's go there together?<< He looked at Sora a bit shy, not sure if she would like to be accompanied by him. But to his relieve, she nodded.

 

In acting class they paired up to go through a little sketch and after that the two had to split, because Chaejin's next class was Korean literature, while her's was music class.

Just as she had finished tucking her stuff in her locker and went down the corridor, she happened to bump into someone, because of the amount of people  rushing down the hallway.

Sora looked at that someone she just ran into and her eyes widened.

This can't be . . .

He glared at her, since she didn't say anything. She quickly turned around and ran towards the music room. No, no, no. It isn't him. It can't be.

>>At least apologize<<, the boy muttered and went to his class.

 

After music class, Sora's teacher wanted to talk to her.
>>I heard you are a good musician and I wanted to ask you, if you'd like to join the orchestra after school. It's every Monday and Wednesday. We really need another violin player. Also, if you like, you can join the choir. It's on Thursday.<<

Sora agreed, knowing her father would love this. >>In this room?<<

The teacher nodded. >>If you like you can just come and watch this afternoon.<<

>>Okay.<<


Chaejin was waiting in front of the music room. >>Should we go eat?<<

>>Yes.<<

They went into the cafeteria and the two sat down on a table with some of his friends. He introduced Sora to them, but she didn't bother.
She kept on looking around the cafeteria until her eyes landed on that guy.

The boy she ran into earlier.

He had brown hair and sat next to one with red hair. She narrowed her eyes and tried to find out if it was really him, but since she only saw his back, she couldn't tell.

>>Chaejin?<<, she asked.

>>Yes?<< He looked up from his food.

>>Whose the boy with the brown hair, besides the red haired guy?<<

>>That's L.Joe.<<

Sora choked on her food. At first because of the shock, but immediately after that she felt like throwing up. Memories of the past started flying around her mind again. It's really him.

>>Are you okay? You look pale.<<

She shook her head. >>I'm fine.<<

>>What's with L.Joe? Do you think he's handsome?<<

>>No.<< Definitely not. 

After school, Sora said goodbye to Chaejin and went into the music room.

>>Oh you are here and you even brought your violin. Perfect. Please sit down over there. The other violin player will come a bit late, I suppose.<< The teacher smiled at her and she sat down in her chair, then looked at the notes.

>>Oh there you are! Hurry up and sit down<<, Sora heard the teacher saying and that made her look up. Her eyes widened as she saw a familiar person sitting down next to her.

>>The girl that bumped into me and left without apologizing<<, L.Joe greeted her.

She looked at the notes again, slightly embarrassed, and ignored him. She really couldn't believe it was him. That he was talking to her, just like that. That he didn't recognize her.

>>You are new, aren't you?<<, he asked, getting out his violin. >>I'm L.Joe by the way.<<

She continued looking at the notes and tried to play it. The teacher looked at her. >>I see you are a quick learner. Let L.Joe help you if you need help.<<

>>I'll help you, but you have to talk to me in order to do so.<< 

She bit her lip and forced herself to look at the notes, only the notes.

At first, she just listened to the orchestra playing, but meanwhile she had to take a peek at L.Joe. Why are you here? Why do you have to make everything even more complicated?

As the orchestra ended, she immediately left and called her father to pick her up.

 


The boy raised his camera as he saw Sora coming out of the school building. He took photos of her, while she called someone.

Who are you calling, dear? . . .Well, as long as it's none of those jerks you were making friends with, it's okay. Although L.Joe seemed to have pissed you off. That bastard doesn't deserve being with you . . . you're mine and I'm the only one who can ever truly love you.

He then just watched her from far away, while she waited for her father to pick her up.