18th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

-Day 2-

 

Sora woke up, hoping it was just a bad dream. When she opened her eyes she sighed heavily and tears were already forming in her eyes. She slowly got up and noticed that the tray with food wasn't there anymore.

 

Has he been here while I was asleep?

 

She walked over to the window and looked down on a lonely street. She probably lived in a house, since it wasn't far down and it seemed like there were no more apartments above. Of what she could see, it wasn't particular in the city but more over at the countryside.

 

The sun wasn't shining. It rained in sheets and it matched her mood perfectly.

 

Sora tried to open the window, but of course it was locked. She sighed and went over to the bookshelf. On there were books she liked, even all of her favorite books. It were the same books she had at home.

 

On the desk was placed a photo that showed her. It was a picture of Sora wearing her school uniform in front of her house.

 

She started to tremble. How did he get this photo? Was he the one standing on the other side of the street?

 

Tears once again formed in her eyes and she walked over to a door. There were two doors in her room, one the boy came in, and then the other one. She opened the second door and it showed a little bathroom. The first thing she saw, was herself in the big mirror.

Her eyes were swollen from crying, her hair was a mess.

 

Her eyes landed on the hairbrush which looked exactly like the one she had at home. Same with the shampoo, soap and even toothbrush and toothpaste.

 

She washed her face and teeth and brushed her hair.

 

As she came out of the bath, the other door opened. Sora froze and looked at the boy. Again he had a tray with food in his hands. He placed it on the desk and just stood there, just staring at her with his dark, calm eyes.

 

When she met his eyes, a shiver ran down her spine. He scared her. She had never seen someone scaring her as much as he did.

 

>>I won't harm you. Don't be scared<<, he said with a calm, yet sweet voice. He seemed like he wanted to say more. But he hesitated and in the end just turned around to leave. Of course he made sure to lock the door.

 

Sora was speechless. Mostly because of his dark and mysterious aura, but also of what he had said to her, with his memorable voice.

 

His words echoed in her head.

 

She sat down on the bed and hid her face behind her hands. Why does these horrible things happen to me?

 

Sora didn't eat the food, but cried until the boy entered her room again, already holding another tray with food. She didn't noticed it was already early afternoon.

 

She looked at the boy, still tears in her eyes. >>W-Why am I here? Who are you?<<, she managed to ask despite her fear.

 

The boy placed the tray on the desk and looked at her intensely. >>I'm L.<<

 

Sora furrowed her eyebrows but didn't say anything.

 

>>And you are here because. . . I wanted you to be here.<<

 

She swallowed. >>What. . . what are you going to do with me?<<

 

>>Nothing.<< L took the tray with food he had brought this morning and walked over to the door. >>Don't be scared<<, he once again said.

 

Sora felt helpless and stupid. Again, all she could do was crying.

 

 

 

She stood up when she heard L approaching in the evening. He opened the door, carrying her dinner. >>You didn't eat again<<, he noticed and walked over to the desk.

Sora took in a breath and took this opportunity to run.

 

She left her room and ran down a corridor with several doors until she ended up in a room, which looked like the living room. She spotted the stairs which would lead downstairs where the main entrance door would be.

 

But suddenly L grabbed her wrist and spun her around. She faced his chest and didn't dare to look up at him. She tried to pull her wrist out of his grip, but he tightened it and her wrist started to hurt. >>Don't run away, you can't escape anyway<<, he told her with a scary calm voice.

 

Sora didn't know what she was doing until her hand had already slapped L.

 

He had his head to the side, but didn't say anything, didn't show any emotion and didn't let go of her.

 

He dragged her into her room and again it didn't help trying to pull away. He was just too strong.

 

L pushed her on to her bed and stared at the now crying Sora. He heard her whispering something, which sounded like >Why< and even cursing.

 

>>You should eat. It isn't healthy to not eat a whole day<<, he told her with a gentle tone of voice, in order to not scare her.

 

Sora looked up, but L had already left the room and locked the door. Sora laid down in the bed and like the night before she cried until she fell asleep.