37th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

>>I'll pick you up today after school, okay?<<

Sora nodded and got out of the car. >>Bye.<< She took in a deep breath and looked at the school building.

Next to her parked a van and a familiar black haired guy got out of it. He looked at Sora with big eyes.

>>JunQ hyung, just go ahead. I have to do something<<, Chaejin told his hyung and approached Sora, who was still standing in front of the school gates.

>>Sora!<< Chaejin brightly smiled at her. She turned around and looked at him, surprised.

>>I'm sorry, I couldn't visit you last week because I was really busy.<< He apologized and then looked at her, concerned. >>Are you okay? L.Joe hyung told me you. . .oh. . .never mind.<< He looked at her, sad. >>Should we go inside?<<

Sora nodded and followed him.

 

L.Joe happened to look out of the window at this time. He watched Sora, coming out of the car of her father and looking at the school building. L.Joe could easily tell that she didn't like to be there again. A van parked next to her and Chaejin and JunQ got out. Chaejin approached Sora and greeted her but she just looked. . .expressionless. First she was surprised to see him, but that didn't last long.

>>L.,Joe huyng, what are you looking at?<<, Kai asked, sitting next to him.

>>Huh?<< He looked away. >>Nothing.<<

>>Your girlfriend is coming back today, right?<<

>>Y-yes.<<

>>Is she okay? What happened to her?<<

L.Joe secretly clenched his fist. >>She's okay, more or less. Nothing bad happened to her. . .<<

>>Really? That's a relief.<< Kai smiled at him and L.Joe nodded.

Then, JunQ entered the class room, followed by the teacher. >>Okay, class. Let's begin the class, shall we?<<

L.Joe mentally sighed. Here we go again. . .

 

. . .back in school. Sora sighed and earned a worried look from Chaejin. >>Are you okay?<<

Sora nodded and looked around. Students who weren't in their classes yet, looked at Sora and started whispering to their friends.

Sora ignored them and went together with Chaejin to their first class.

There, the conversations stopped and all eyes were on Sora.

>>What are you all looking at? Yes, she's back again so stop causing her trouble, will you?<<, Chaejin told the class, still trying to sound polite.

>>Good that you are standing up for your friend, Chaejin.<< The teacher smiled. >>Okay, class sit down, we'll start now.<<

 

At lunch time, Sora stayed in the music room. She sat down at the piano and looked at the keys for a while. She then started to play a song, which she haven't played for over three years.

But after a while, she just stopped. What am I even doing here? This is a song, I used to play with L.Joe. . .

 

 

* L.Joe's POV *

 

Teen Top and I were sitting in the cafeteria, when I saw Chaejin entering. He was without Sora, so she probably wanted to be alone.

>>Hyung! Sora is back, isn't she? Where is she?<<, Niel asked.

>>Lower your voice<<, Chunji reminded him.

>>Sorry.<<

>>Where is Sora?<<, Changjo asked me.

>>Probably in the music room<<, I told them.

>>Let's go visit her!<<, Ricky exclaimed.

>>No. She wants to be alone.<< I got up. >>See you later<<, I said and went out.

I walked down the hallway to the music room and stopped there. Big Bang's >Haru Haru< was played on the piano and some old memories came up to my mind.

Sora and I always used to play that song on the piano and I would also rap TOP's and GD's part, while she would sing the other parts.

I leaned against the wall and listened to her playing until it ended. There were pictures in my mind of us sitting at the piano, at either my house or hers.

We would always say, that we'll become idols someday and perform a song together.

A small smiled formed on my face and I looked through the little gap at the door. I saw Sora sitting at the piano. She was drawn in deep thoughts and I had the urge to go and hug her. She seemed absent and cold. She was like she had been when she had come to Seoul a few months ago. I didn't like that and wanted the lively Sora back but I didn't know how to do that. The reason the behaved likes this was obviously L . . .

>>I'm worried<<, a voice whispered next to me. I winced and turned around.

Chaejin stood next to me and gave me a sad smile.

>>Me too<<, I whispered back.

Since Chaejin was taller than me (which was kinda depressing) he looked over me, through the gap between the door and the frame and had a look at Sora.

She then started to play a song of her mother and sang along.

Chaejin and I just looked at her and listened.

From behind we heard footsteps approaching and turned around. It were JunQ, Kai and Sehun. >>What are you guys doing here?<<, JunQ asked and we gestured them to be quiet and to listen to Sora.

>>L.Joe hyung! Let's go outside!<<, I heard Ricky saying, as he quickly ran to us, followed by the rest of Teen Top.

Kai, JunQ, Chaejin and I turned around and told them to be quiet too.

>>What is it?<<, Chunji asked and made his way to the door and looked through the gap. >>Oh it's Sora<<, he whispered.

So we were already nine guys (considering the fact that C.A.P isn't in school), standing outside the music room and listening to her singing.

After a while, the others started to push. >>Ya! Stop pushing<<, I hissed but the others didn't stop, so I apparently got pushed into the room, followed by the rest, landing on me or next to me. >>Aaaah!<< >>Ouch!<< >>Ops.<<

>>Argh! Really? Are you crazy?<<, I shouted at them and pushed Kai off of me.

>>Sehun hyung, please get your elbow out of my back, it hurts~<<, Ricky whined.

>>Sorry.<<

I got up first and dusted of my pants. Then my eyes landed on Sora, who looked at us in shock. I cleared my throat and looked to the ground.

>>I'm sorry<<, the others all said in unison and bowed.

>>We didn't mean to disturb you<<, Chaejin went on.

>>L.Joe hyung was the first one to listen to you!<<, Niel shouted.

I turned around and shot him a death glare.

>>We. . .ehm. . .should go now<<, Kai said and left first, followed by Sehun. Then JunQ.

>>Maybe you talk to her, huh?<<, Chaejin said before leaving.

Chunji patted my shoulder. >>We'll go now, too.<<

So I was alone with Sora and I just scratched my head in shyness. >>Are you doing fine?<<, I asked her, looking at her.

She quickly looked away and kept quiet. I approached and sat down on a chair not far from her.

>>Will you attend rehearsals again?<<, I asked.

She shrugged.

That she didn't talk to me hurt even more than it did a back then. I mentally sighed. Although she was here now, I missed her. I missed the lively Sora. I wanted her back so badly.

The ringing of the bell brought me back and I realized that Sora was over at the door already.

 

As I arrived at home, I was greeted by my brother.

>>Oh hyung, what are you doing here?<<

>>Just wanted to check up on you.<<

I raised my eyebrows and sat down next to him on the sofa. >>And the real reason is. . .?<<

>>Well, I just wanted to find out how good you are taking care of Sora.<<

>>Ah~. That's why. . .<<

Well, I'm not really taking care of her, since she wouldn't let anybody. . .

>>And? She went to school today, right?<<

>>Yeah. . .<<

>>Tell me how you got to know her? Through school?<<

>>Yes but not the school here in Seoul. I got to know her back in California.<<

>>Oh, so you two know each other for quite a while. But why aren't you a couple already?<<

I bit my lip. >>Because I was blind and stupid.<<

>>That sounds quite realistic<<, he teased me.

>>Ya!<< I hit him with a magazine, lying around the living room.

He laughed. >>Calm down and tell me your romantic love story.<<

I sighed. >>It was on my fourth day in California, I was sitting with mom in the principal's office, when Sora came in. . .<<

And I ended up telling him how Sora and I got to know each other and basically everything, without particularizing too much.

>>Man, you were really blind back then<<, he told me after he had listened to me for almost an hour.

>>I know. . .<<

>>How could you not reply to her letters and everything?<<

>>Because I couldn't.<<

We both sighed in unison.

>>What are you doing now?<<

>>Trying to make her like me, step for step. I mean, her kidnapper almost forced her to like him . . . I don't want to be like him. I'm gonna give her her freedom and I hope she forgives me.<<

My shoulders dropped. That sounded like such a pathetic plan, but it was actually the only way to make her like me and eventually to make her my . . . girlfriend.

>>You know who it is, right? You know who the kidnapper is.<<

I slowly nodded. Pictures of L came into my mind. I remembered the time we used to hang out. If only I would have known earlier that it was him . . .

>>Why didn't you say it?<<

>>Because Sora would hate me . . . I think . . . I think she likes this guy and I didn't want to make her hate me even more.<<

>>I'm pretty sorry for you. Seems like you have some stuff to sort out.<<

L.Joe sighed. >>I know but . . . it's hard.<<

>>You can do it.<< He smiled at me encouraging before he said: >>I have to go now. Say dad I was here and greet him from me, okay?<<

>>Okay. Bye hyung.<<

 

______________________

Yeah, I