10th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

L.Joe slowly walked over to the sofa in the living room. >>I'm sorry to be a burden<<, he whispered.

 

Sora didn't reply. She really hadn't wanted to invite him inside, but she couldn't let him go home in this condition.

 

>>You should call your father<<, Sora told him.

 

>>He's on a business trip.<<

 

>>What about your brother . . .or sister?<<

 

>>My brother moved out already. There's no one at home.<<

 

She went into the kitchen and got him a glass of water. >>Drink that.<< She hurried into the bathroom to get a wet towel. >>Here.<< She gave him the towel.

 

>>Thank you<<, he mumbled.

 

>>I'll show you your bed<<, she said and stood up.

 

He stretched out one hand like a little kid. >>Help me.<<

 

Sora sighed, took his hand and pulled him on to his feet. She then pushed him into the bedroom of her father. She searched for some comfortable clothes and placed them on the bed. >>Anything else?<<, she asked.

 

>>Can you bring me another glass of water?<<, he asked.

 

She nodded.

 

When she came back, she knocked on the door. >>Are you finished changing?<<

 

There was no response, so she slightly opened the door just to see him already lying in the bed. She placed the glass of water on the table next to the bed and looked down on the sleeping L.Joe.

 

Her heart ached. To see him, sleeping in her house, made her feel sad. Back then, she would have cried of happiness for being so lucky and care for him. Now she only felt sad.

 

>>I-Im cold<<, L.Joe whispered and blinked. He opened his eyes. >>Please, give me a second blanket.<<

 

She nodded and searched for a blanket but only ended up giving him her own blanket. >>Can't believe I'm doing this<<, she muttered.

 

>>What?<<, L.Joe asked.

 

>>That's my blanket.<<

 

>>No, then you should keep it.<<

 

>>It's okay. I don't go to bed yet.<<

 

>>But what about later?<<

 

>>Just go to sleep.<<

 

L.Joe pouted and closed his eyes. >>Thank you~.<<

 

 

Sora went into the library and played her violin. Only when the clock hit midnight, she decided to go to bed. She sneaked into her fathers bedroom and tried to steal one of L.Joe's blankets. But he clinched to it, like a little kid to its candy.

 

Sora sighed. What do I do now?

 

In the end, she carried her pillow from her room to her father's, laid down next to L.Joe and took a bit of the blanket. L.Joe mumbled things in his sleep. He always did. She was lucky that he didn't kick her.

 

She laid there and looked at the ceiling. I'm next to L.Joe. What am I doing here? How did I end up here? I wanted to stay away from him and now I'm right next to him. . . in a bed. That is everything else than staying away from him.

 

L.Joe rolled over to the side and faced Sora.

 

She had a look at him. You really became more handsome, L.Joe. I'm curious how everything would have been when you never had moved to Seoul. Would I have been able to confess? Would you have dumped me? Would you have cared for me when this happened to my mother?

 

Sora's eyes widened when L.Joe stretched out his arms, one landing on her. Like he noticed that there was something to cuddle with, he wrapped his arms around her.

 

Sora's heart began to pound faster. Wha. . .What?

 

She moved away from him, but it didn't help. He just tightened the grip around her and leaned his head against her back. >>Comfortable<<, he whispered.

 

Sora bit her lip. What is he doing?

 

She didn't move and just stayed like that, not able to get to sleep.

 

She listened to what L.Joe mumbled and just shortly before she fell asleep, she heard him whisper her name. Her eyes immediately shot open. What did he just say? Oh my God. Does he remember me?

 

It took some time for her to calm down and since L.Joe didn't say anything after that, she fell asleep.

 

 

Sora woke by the sun shining in the room. She opened her eyes and gasped.

 

She found herself burring her face in L.Joe's chest. He had his arms around her and was still asleep.

 

This time he led go of her easier, so she first went out to change and then cooked a soup for him.

 

As the soup was finished, she sat down and buried her face in her hands.

What am I even doing here? This is so awkward.

 

As she went into her fathers bedroom, she saw L.Joe sitting in the bed, rubbing his eyes like a little kid. He then noticed her. >>Oh. . .good morning.<<

 

>>How are you feeling?<<

 

He shrugged his shoulders. >>Not good.<<

 

Sora walked over to him and touched his forehead. >>I think you still have a fever.<<

 

>>But I feel better now. I can go home.<<

 

>>I already made you food. Eat it at least.<<

 

L.Joe wanted to get up, but she held him back. >>Just stay in bed, I'll bring you the soup.<<

 

She went into the kitchen, put the soup on a tray and walked back to the bedroom. >>Thank you<<, he muttered and looked at the soup. >>Did you sleep here last night?<<, he asked, pointing at the pillow next to him.

 

>>I had to, because you didn't gave me my blanket at night.<<

 

>>I'm sorry.<<

 

Sora sat down next to him on the bed and the TV. She zapped trough the channels until she saw MYNAME performing their song. It reminded her of the old days when she was totally into k-pop and fan-girling at home.

 

It was strange for Sora to see her friend standing on the stage. When she saw her father on TV it was nothing new, but seeing her best friend felt strange. On the other hand she was really proud of Chaejin. She was sure that she couldn't rearrange everything: School, practice and schedule.

 

>>They aren't bad<<, L.Joe stated.

 

>>Look at Seyong doing his backflip thingy and then you can judge.<<

 

L.Joe chuckled.

 

Sora looked at him. >>Did you. . .by any chance. . .dreamed last night?<<

 

>>Why? Did I talk again?<<

 

>>Yeah. . .some undefinable words.<<

 

>>Well, I don't remember my dream.<<

 

She nodded understanding and looked back at the TV screen, making herself comfortable.

 

 

After some time of silence, she looked at L.Joe and found him sleeping next to her.

 

Sora took the tray, went into the kitchen and cleaned it. Then she spent the day studying, doing homework and playing her instruments.

 

In the evening, she warmed up the rest of the soup and went into the bedroom. L.Joe opened his eyes, as she entered. >>I'm sorry for being a burden.<<

 

>>It's okay. Just eat this and you'll be fine tomorrow.<<

 

L.Joe nodded. >>Thanks.<<

 

She went out and took a bath.

 

 

When she came back, L.Joe pretended to be asleep. He didn't know why but the idea just popped up into his mind. Sora tried to steal her blanket from him but L.Joe hold on to it tightly. He heard her sighing and then he felt how she laid down next to him.

 

He waited for her to fall asleep and then rolled over and wrapped his arms around her. He finally felt comfortable and fell asleep right away.