32th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

-Day 31-

Sora opened her eyes and sat up. Her eyes landed on L who was sitting on the floor, leaning against the bed, sleeping. Sora actually wanted to let him sleep but she just couldn't. So she crawled over to the edge of the bed.

>>L?<<, she asked. >>L~. Wake up~.<< When he didn't woke up, she remembered his sleeping habit: sleeping deeply. Sora started poking his arm until he groaned and opened his eyes. I'm sorry I just had to wake you up. I feel so lonely by myself. Is this the way you feel when your in love? Or is this something else?

As L noticed her, he smiled. >>Hey.<<

>>Good morning~. . .why did you sleep here?<<

L shrugged. >>Guess I just fell asleep.<<

>>You must have slept very uncomfortable. I'm sorry<<, she apologized.

L smiled. >>Don't be sorry. It's my fault for falling asleep here.<< He got up and stretched.

>>Can we go outside?<<, Sora asked and L nodded, then bend down to her. He placed a kiss on her forehead and Sora blushed immediately.

>>I'll just quickly wash up and change clothes.<< He turned around and left.

Sora got up and washed, then changed into other clothes too. She approached her desk and glanced at it. It looked a bit chaotic so she cleaned it up. Her eyes landed on some sheets of paper. The sheets she held in her hand, were for the song she actually had wanted to start writing a few days back. But until now she didn't know what to write. She already had a melody in mind but there was still the text missing.

L had asked her if she had ever composed a song by herself, so that gave her the idea to start writing lyrics and to think of a melody. Although that sounded easier than it actually was.

I'll think about it later, there's enough time to finish it anyway.

 

Sora went down to prepare breakfast. Now that she was allowed to leave her room, both of them mostly spend the day in the garden, but also in the living room, watching TV, or reading books, playing games and when Sora would play on her violin or sing something, L would always enjoy listening .

>>L! Ppali~!<<

He quickly came down the stairs. >>Oh you made breakfast already?<<

Sora nodded and smiled brightly. >>Let's eat so we can go out!<<

L chuckled and nodded. She's just too cute when she behaves like this.

 

After they had finished eating, they went outside.

>>L?<<

>>Yes?<<

>>How was it to grow up in an orphanage?<<, Sora asked.

L looked up at the sky and thought about it. Until now he had felt nothing but happiness but thinking of his past changed his mood immediately. Actually he hated talking or even thinking about it but since it was Sora he felt like he could tell her everything. Therefore he replied: >>Then let me tell you my story. . .<<

 

 

* Flashback *

 

>>There comes Myungsoo. Let's just pretend to not see him<<, one boy hissed as he saw Myungsoo approaching. He sat down on a bench and watched the other boys, who were in the same orphanage as him, playing football. When one boy got hurt and stopped playing, Myungsoo got up and went over to the boys. >>C-Can I play with you?<<, he asked, shy.

>>No we don't need someone like you!<<

Myungsoo looked to the ground. >>But. . .you have an uneven number of players in one team. . .<<, he quietly said.

>>Leave us alone. We don't want you in our team.<<

>>Yeah! Go and play by yourself.<<

>>Such a loser.<<

The boys started laughing and continued playing, while Myungsoo slowly sat down next to a woman, who was actually in charge of keeping a watching brief over the children. However she barely did anything. None of the adults working in the orphanage cared much about the children and they especially hated him.

>>Ya, boy! Go away and don't bother me<<, the woman snapped and so Myungsoo got up.

>>Okay<<, he sadly muttered and went back into his room. He sat down on the floor, pulled his knees to his chest and rested his head on his knees. No one wants me in his life. . .not my parents. . .not the children, having the same problem as me. . .no one.

No one loves me.

 

 

On the first day of second grade, Myungsoo's class chatted and fooled around, like they would always do before the teachers enters. Myungsoo though, looked outside the window.

Now that he was in school, he still didn't find any friends. Slowly he was used to be a loner, but still it hurt.

He watched the new first graders arriving. His eyes landed on a small girl, with long hair which was bounded together to two braids. Next to her, her mother, looking just like her, only older. The girl smiled brightly, while entering the school and somehow she attracted him.

In lunch time, he searched for her and watched her playing with her friends, giggling and having fun. For him, she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

As he watched her day by day, he found himself falling for her more and more.

It didn't take long, when she became popular among the students. Boys found her cute and girls wanted to be friends with her. She was friendly, kindhearted to everyone, intelligent and talented.

Myungsoo was too shy to talk to her. He knew she wouldn't be interested in a nerdy boy like him. She had enough male friends and secret admirer. In the end she would treat him like all the others did and he was sure that getting rejected by her would hurt him even more than it did anyway.

 

And so it happened that he was already in fifth grade, when he still hadn't said a word to her.

One day, Myungsoo left the school building, when some older guys pulled him aside. >>Ya nerd! Give us your money<<, one boy demanded and clenched his fist.

Myungsoo quickly took out his purse and gave them the little amount of money he had in there. He actually wanted to save the money in order to buy a small flower bouquet for Sora, since White's Day was almost there.

>>Are you kidding? This is all?<< Another boy glared at him and the oldest pushed him, so he fell. The other four boys then each kicked him and went off, laughing.

Myungsoo laid on the dirty ground, crawled together, quietly crying. Partly because of the pain and partly because of his weakness.

>>Are you okay?<<, an angelic voice asked out of nowhere.

Myungsoo slowly opened his eyes and gasped as he saw Sora, kneeling down next to him. She smiled at him. >>Are you hurt badly? Can you stand up?<<, she asked worried and got up. She stretched out a hand and Myungsoo hesitantly took it and stoop up.

Sora got out a handkerchief and gave it to him. >>My name is Kim Sora, what's your name?<< She smiled. Myungsoo looked at the handkerchief as if it was a treasure.

>>I-I. . .<<, he trailed off, too shy to talk to her. He quickly wiped away the tears before and he handed it back to her but she shook her head. >>You can keep it<<, she said.

Myungsoo bowed. >>T-Thanks for helping me<<, he muttered and then quickly left.

It was the first time he had talked to her and it would also be the last time for a long time.

From that day on Myungsoo was sure to never love someone else than her. She had helped him, no one had done that before. She had cared for him, like no one had ever done before. . .

 

When he was in sixth grade, he looked for Sora several days, but then he heard in the news that her parents divorced and she and her mother moved to California.

Myungsoo didn't want to believe that. First he felt sorry for her parents divorcing, but then he also felt sorry for himself. He knew he wouldn't see her anymore, maybe never in his life again. . . he dreamed of going with her to school every day, seeing her in the hall or at lunch. . .but now she had left. Left him.

 

After a very hard year, he entered seventh grade and changed school. There he was in the same class as Sungyeol and with his bubbly and kind personality, Myungsoo and he became friends. After a while, Myungsoo also got to know the rest of Infinite and there got his name >L<.

He couldn't stop thinking of Sora, though. That was the reason why Infinite was more like a way of passing the time. He didn't care so much about them and when he got to know Teen Top, he couldn't care less. L would always remember the four days in his life: One was the first day he saw Sora for the first time, the other one was the day she had helped him, the third day was when he had found out that her mother had passed away. He felt so sorry for her and wanted nothing more than comforting her, giving her strength. But that was not possible.

And the fourth day, was the day it was announced that Kim Sora would come back to Seoul.

 

* End of Flashback *

 

 

 

________________________________

Hello :D

So you finally know something about L's past ^^ Was it okay?

Please, comment on my updates.

I don't know if you liked them or if they were good or anything >.<

I want to know your opinion, so pleeeease~ comment.

Thank you~