14th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

Since that creepy day she felt like someone was following her. Now Sora watched her environment closely. Sometimes even without noticing it.

 

One Monday, almost one week after the incident, she left the music room, after rehearsal. Slowly followed by L.Joe. He didn't talk much, since last week. He had a few things in his mind, which he first had to sort out.

 

Sora was already at the school gate, walking around the corner, when L.Joe left the school building. His eyes landed on a person, who slowly walked behind her.

 

L.Joe raised an eyebrow but as he reached the school gate, opened it and looked to the right, he only saw Sora.

 

That wasn't an imagination, was it?

 

He ran after her. As he reached her, he put his hand on her shoulder. She winced and turned around, with big scared eyes.

 

Her shoulders dropped and she sighed in relieve when she noticed it was L.Joe.

 

>>Are you okay?<<, he asked.

 

>>You just scared me<<, she muttered and turned around to leave again.

 

L.Joe walked quietly next to her. They reached the bus station and he took the same bus as her. >>This isn't your bus<<, she told him.

 

>>I have to take another route today<<, he explained and shoved her to a seat and then sat next to her.

 

Sora wouldn't admit it but she was relieved to have him with her, since she felt a bit scared all alone.

 

After a silent drive, she got up and L.Joe followed her.

 

>>Where do you have to go now?<<, she asked him.

 

>>It's on the way to your house, so I just walk you home.<<

 

>>Sure? I can walk by myself.<<

 

>>It's on my way anyway.<<

 

Sora nodded. >>Okay.<<

 

They silently walked to her home.

 

>>See you in school.<< She waved goodbye and entered the house.

 

Her father sat in the living room. >>Oh you are here already.<< He smiled.

 

>>How was your day?<<

 

>>Fine.<<

 

Sora went into her room and placed her school bag on her bed. She looked around her room and her eyes landed on her desk with the photo of her parents on it. It laid upside down on the table. I'm sure it was placed upright when I left for school.

 

>>Dad? Have you been in my room today?<<

 

>>No, why?<<, he asked from the living room.

 

>>Nothing.<<

 

Sora tried to convince herself that it probably was just her rearranging some stuff on her desk, but somehow she felt scared.

 

 

The next days Sora noticed nothing special about her room. Nevertheless she concentrated on locking her door properly.

 

But one time she came back and her door wasn't locked.

 

She just told herself that it was her father who found the keys. . .well. . .she told herself that, but actually she knew, that it wasn't her father. . .it must have been someone else and that drove her crazy.

 

On Wednesday and Thursday L.Joe walked her home (pretending to have the same way), she was relieved that he was there, since her father could only pick her up from school on Tuesdays.

 

On Friday, she walked home alone and again felt like she was watched. I'm getting crazy. It's probably nothing but my imagination. God, I watched to many horror movies.

 

 

In the night she woke up because of a nightmare, nothing special actually. If there wasn't the reason why she woke up. . .

 

It was some noise in the garden. Her heartbeat fastened up and she hid under her blanket. What is all this? Am I really getting paranoid?

 

 

The next morning she stayed in bed as long as she could. But after some time, she had to get up, just to find out that her father was off to a schedule. She sat down in the living room and wanted to start studying. But there was an awful silence. She was getting nervous.

 

Sora already held her phone in hands and wanted to call Chaejin, but he was on a schedule too.

 

Tick, tock, tick, tock Sora stared at the clock. The sound of it just made her more nervous.

 

And before she even noticed what she was doing, she dialed L.Joe's number.

 

>>Yoboseyo?<<

 

>>L-L.Joe? It's. . .me.<<

 

>>The girl who doesn't tell me her name. What's up?<<

 

>>Er. . .what are you doing right now?<<

 

>>Reading.<<

 

>>Oh, what are you reading? A comic?<<

 

>>Yes. . .so why are you calling?<<

 

>>Well. . .don't you have your SAT's soon?<<

 

>>Yes and...?<<

 

>>Then. . .you should study for it, shouldn't you? Maybe we could study. . . together?<<

 

She mentally slapped herself for sounding like asking him out for a date.

 

What am I dong here, anyway?

 

>>You sure? Are you really the girl that actually hates me?<<

 

>>Hmm. . .<<

 

>>Should I come over now?<<

 

>>Yes.<<

 

>>Okay, bye.<<

 

Sora hung up and sighed relieved. Maybe with him around me I don't feel that paranoid anymore . . .wait. . .L.Joe is coming over for real now, isn't he?

 

She got up on her feet and went into her room to change. I tend to do things without thinking, lately.