23th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

L.Joe opened the package, which was sent from his mom to him. Not long ago, he had called her to send him pictures of his time in California.

He took out the photos and spread them out on his bed. One picture caught his eye in particular. It was him, besides a girl in Disneyland.

L.Joe took out another picture, this time out of his pocket. It showed Sora and him at Lotte World in the photo booth. He held up both pictures and compared them. He then put them down again, sighing. >>What am I even doing here?<<

He paused and looked at the picture from three years ago. >>I know it's you, Sora. Why do I pretend to not remember you?<<, he quietly asked himself.

He looked at all the pictures. Some showed Sora and other, for L.Joe not interesting, things.

I've seen you five weeks ago for the first time again. You bumped into me and yes, at first I didn't recognize you.

But then, when I saw you at the rehearsal after school and when you didn't talk to me, I had a blurry idea it was you. But I really didn't want it to be you. I thought it would be easier if you thought I wouldn't remember you, since you obviously remembered me.

I thought you would give me a second chance and would let me be friends with you. I always acted like I didn't know you, so you really wouldn't think I'd remember you. Latest I knew it was you, when I saw the scar on your neck, or when you said you didn't like strawberry ice cream, or when you looked at the album cover of your dead mother in the music store.

I wish I could tell you, why I never replied to your messages and letters. I wish I could tell you that I tried to forget you, since it hurt to live in a different country than you. I wish I could tell you that I dumped every girl, because I had feelings for you. I wish I could tell you my feelings now. I wish I could have been there for you when your mother died. I wish I wouldn't have been acting like an idiot.

I wish you would be here.

I'm scared that something happened to you. Please, came back. . .

. . .back to me.

I swear, who ever took you away from me, will suffer. I know that you didn't leave voluntarily. Someone kidnapped you and I just have to find out who it is.

I'm working on it, but it is hard. . .

Please wait for me.

L.Joe looked at the picture of Sora at at Lotte World, three weeks ago. One tear landed on the picture. I wish I would have protected you more.

I miss you, Kim Sora .

___________________________________

 

After 15 minutes of sprinting Sora was exhausted and already felt like dying. She then continued jogging but not even that she could take too long. She briefly stopped to catch her breath and turned around, just to see that the house was still in her sight. Because hurt, she continued her way by walking.

Soon it started raining, her clothes were soaked and she was freezing.

After two hours of walking, she teared up and was completely exhausted. She was tired, soaked and out of breath. She didn't even noticed a car coming from behind and stopping right in front of her, blocking her way.

The door opened and L got out. Sora's sight was blurry, do to the tears in her eyes but she easily identified L. Apparently, she was too tired to run away or do anything else. She just stood there, shivering because of the cold and feeling desperate because of this hopeless situation.

L approached her slowly and reached out his hand. He put Sora's hand in his and pulled her into the car. Then he started the motor and drove back to the house.

As L had a peek at Sora he saw how she tried not to show that she was almost freezing, that she tried not to show her tears and her tiredness. But in the end, tears were running down her cheeks and she quietly cried until they arrived at the house.

L left the car but Sora just continued sitting in her seat. L then opened the door on Sora's side and again took her hand and lead her to the house.

He pulled her in the house, upstairs, to her room. >>You should change clothes, otherwise you'll become sick<<, he advised.

Sora slowly walked up to her closet and got out some clothes, not really caring what it was. She went into the bathroom to change and when she came out, she was still shivering and feeling cold. Her head hurt, as well as and . . . well actually everything.

L took off his thick jacket and put it on Sora's shoulders. She slipped her hands into the sleeves and walked to her bed, laying down. She hid under the blanket, almost half asleep. Tears were running down her cheeks until she finally fell asleep.

L sat down on her bed and wiped one last tear off her cheek. Sora was shivering under the blanket and he was worried that she already caught a cold.

He stood up and went to his own room to get an extra blanket. He covered Sora with his blanket and then stayed with her the whole morning, noon and afternoon.

Sora slept the whole day and L found out that she really caught a cold.

 

In the evening he cooked something and went back to her room.

>>Sora<<, he said and slightly shook her. She woke up and coughed.

>>How are you?<<, he asked, obviously worried. >>Are you feeling better?<<

Sora shook her head.

>>Try to eat something.<< He placed the tray on the bed and Sora quietly started eating, without thinking of her third failed try to escape.

After she had eaten a bit of the food, it wasn't much since she wasn't hungry, she looked at L, who had watched her by every move.

>>You should sleep. You have a fever.<<

Sora nodded and laid down again. As she fell asleep, L laid down next to her. His eyes scanned her face and his finger gently touched her eyelashes, her nose and lips. >>So beautiful<<, he whispered.

He continued watching her for a while, until he fell asleep as well.