20th

I only miss you when I'm breathing

>>Because I love you<<, L then told her, almost whispering.

 

Sora stopped crying, hearing his sweet voice telling her these heartwarming words. It was silent for a while before Sora quietly replied: >>We. . .we don't even know each other<<.

 

>>I know you since we were children. We attended the same primary school. . .<<

 

Sora looked up, just to see him watching her. His eyes were meeting hers and she once again felt a shiver running down her spine. His glare made her almost gasp. His eyes were so scaring on one hand, but on the other, really interesting.

 

She found herself staring at him in an-almost-in-trance-condition.

 

She quickly looked away. >>How come I don't know you?<<, she asked to cover up her reaction.

 

>>I was one year above you.<< He paused and only continued after a few seconds. >>I was the kind of boy you wouldn't notice. You used to hang around with your cool friends.<<

 

Sora leaned her head against the wall and listened, while L watched her profile as he continued talking. >>I was a nerd boy who only got recognized by the people bullying me.<<

 

Sora knew this feeling and she felt sorry for him but kept quiet. She just didn't know what to say.

 

After a long time of silence, she asked: >>Why is the room decorated like that?<<

 

>>I wanted you to feel like being at home.<<

 

Sora nodded understanding although actually . . . she didn't understand. After all she wasn't the lunatic here.

 

After another while of silence, L said: >>I brought your violin, too.<<

 

>>Where is it?<<

 

>>Leaning against the desk.<< He pointed at the violin in its violin case next to the desk.

 

Sora slowly got up and went over to the desk, getting out her beloved violin.

 

She was glad to have it with her and so she started playing some random song.

 

Sora played several songs when her eyes landed on L.

 

He sat on her bed, his eyes closed and deep in his thoughts. Hearing her play sounds like heaven. That's what I dreamed of all these years of missing her and waiting for her to come back . . .back in my life. Now she's here next to me, playing the violin.

 

Can this this be reality? I'm not dreaming again, am I? . . .Oh God, please grant me this short period of time filled with happiness by her side, he prayed.

 

Then his eyes shot open. Sora winced in surprise and looked down to the floor.

 

>>Can you continue playing?<<, L asked.

 

>>Huh?<< She looked up and saw L's expectant expression.

 

Scared that he might get angry if she didn't play, Sora quickly started playing.

 

While she played, she was in her own little world. She forgot that she actually had been kidnapped and that her father must be more than concerned because of her disappearing.

 

Sora put down the violin after playing for an hour and looked outside the window, still sitting in the chair. It seemed that the rain from the day before had stopped, but still the sun wasn't shining.

 

>>Your clothes are in the closet<<, L suddenly broke the silence.

 

Sora looked at herself. She was still wearing the clothes from Sunday.

 

She put her violin away and went over to the closet. Her clothes were folded neatly together and that was the moment a thought came into her mind. My father probably thinks that I left, since my clothes aren't at home anymore.

 

Thinking of her father, made her feel weak again. She tried hard not to think about him, or Chaejin. . .or L.Joe.

What would their actions be, when they found out that Sora wasn't attending school? Will they care?

 

Sora closed the closet again and leaned her forehead against it. Tears were running down her cheeks.

 

She stiffened when L put his hand on her shoulder. >>Sora. . .don't cry<<, he said gingerly.

 

Please, I can't stand your tears . . .my love, let me comfort you, at least for now. With this thought in mind, L gently spun her around and hesitantly wrapped his arms around her. Sora leaned her head against his chest, crying even harder now.

 

L's heart beat raced as he felt her in his arms. This was the first time for him to be this close to someone. That was because he had never loved another person than Sora. How long had he wished to hold her like this only once?! Now she was finally in his arms, feeling comfortable enough to cry into his chest.

 

L softly patted her back and the back of her head. His shirt slowly filled with tears, but he didn't mind. As long as Sora was with him, he didn't mind anything.

 

They stayed like that for some minutes, which seemed like hours for the both of them, until Sora took a step back. She was confused by her own reaction. How could she cry in the arms of her kidnapper?

 

Sora shook her head and buried her face in her hands. She neither knew what to do nor what to think.

 

She just wanted back. Back to her old life, back to Chaejin, her father and eventually back to L.Joe. >>Please, let me go. I beg you<<, she cried, getting down on her knees. >>Please. . .I'll give you everything.<<

 

L bend down to her. >>What I want is you.<<

 

>>No!<<, she cried out loud. >>How. . .how could you. . .HOW COULD YOU RUIN MY LIFE LIKE THAT?<<, she shouted out of her despair.

 

L just emotionless looked at her, without replying.

 

Sora was frustrated by his reaction but what she didn't know was that he felt sorry.

 

Sora, don't look hatefully at me. I'm sorry for changing your life like that. But you don't seem to know how much I wanted you, how much I needed you . . . how much I love you.

 

Sora walked pass him to her bed and sat down. L followed her.

 

>>Leave me alone!<<, she yelled.

 

L didn't move an inch.

 

Sora grabbed her pillow and cried into it. L reached out his hand to pat her head, but she slapped his hand away.

 

>>Don't touch me<<, she hissed and wiped away her tears. >>Do you even know what happened to me in the past?<<

 

Almost every single thing ,L thought but didn't said it out loud. He just looked at her, waiting for her to continue.

 

Sora hugged her pillow. >>My parents divorced when I was ten. . .I had to leave Seoul and went to California.

It. . .it took ages to make friends and when L.Joe moved California and became my friend, I was happy again.<< She paused and swallowed. >>Then he left me, never replying to my messages or letters, now he doesn't even remember me. . .as I tried to live as a loner, my mother. . .passed away.<< She sniffed. >>Now that I finally seem to arrange my life here in Seoul, you come. . .you kidnapped me. . .and once again my life is completely messed up<<, she whispered and clasped the pillow in her hands. >>You were the one taking pictures of me, right? You stalked me?<<

 

L didn't respond. He looked at the wall across him, only listening to what she was saying.

 

>>What do you expect now? What use is it that I'm here? Do you really think I'll fall for you? Now, after what you've done to me?<<, she bitterly asked.

 

>>Just so you know, I won't ever fall for a creepy stalker like you<<, she told him.

 

Hearing this words from her, for him it felt like as if his heart would break into pieces every second. Every cold glare he earned from her was worsen his pain.

 

Why, tell me why can't you love me? We are meant to be together. . .Dear, I know I could be all you need.

I want to love you, want to be the one by your side . . .if you only knew how much I love you. So why can't you love me? . . .

Don’t tell me, please, don’t tell me that’s because of my obsession. . .No! I'm not obsessed. I'm just. . .in love with you.

 

Despite the pain he was feeling, he kept quiet. He just continued sitting next to her and listening to her quietly sobbing. When he looked at her, he noticed how vulnerable, frustrated and enormously sad she was.

 

L really didn't want to, but it seemed that for now the best would be to leave her alone.