Lap Pillow

It's Twice as Lovelyz
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun's POV

 

"Where are you going?" I asked Sujeong as she was leaving the Dance Practice Building. "Weren't you suppose to be dancing the night away with Mina unnie?"

"Practice finished a bit earlier." Sujeong replied hurriedly, trying to get away from the unnies' dance studio.

"You're not going anywhere." I grabbed Sujeong as she tried to sidestep away from me. "You don't even look like you even worked up a sweat."

"Let's talk out here for a bit." Sujeong suggested. "Why are you arriving just now?"

"I've been roped in into doing both of your work since 'I have nothing to do' as Jihyo unnie said when I went to your office." I said with an air quote using one hand with the other still holding Sujeong. "I thought you'd stop by the office before going here."

"How about letting me go now?" Sujeong suggested.

"We'll get Jiae unnie first and then I'll let you go." I told her as I began to drag her inside. "If their practice is already finished as you've said, Jiae unnie is free to meet up with the other leaders and Nayeon unnie."

"Are they going to interrogate Jihyo unnie and Soul unnie today?" Sujeong's eyes glistened with excitement.

"Yes, it's thanks to them that I was released from your work. I'm here to deli-" I was about to finish explaining but a shoe went flying outside the studio where the dance major unnies practice.

"What happened before you left?" I asked Sujeong curiously.

"Jiae unnie and Mijoo unnie's origin story." Sujeong replied.

"So that's why you're not sweaty, you had story time." I picked up the shoe. "Shame that I missed the retelling of their story. It's funny how you were cuffed to Jisoo unnie afterwards."

"Ha ha." Sujeong laughed sarcastically. "If I get my hands on it, I'll cuff you to someone else."

"If I get my hands on it, you'll be the amusement for the unnies again." I told her with a menacing smile.

 

"Who's shoe is this?" I announced, entering their room. "Also, I brought back an escapee." I dragged Sujeong into view.

"That's mine." Jisoo unnie limped towards me.

As I scanned the room before Jisoo unnie gets to me, I noticed that it is only Jisoo unnie and Jin who looked like they were the only one who practiced. Sana unnie also charged towards me, teary eyed.

"Can I ask why Jin looks like her soul is about to leave her body while Sujeong looks fresh, and why was Jisoo unnie's shoe was outside?" Sana unnie's hugged connected which pushed me back.

"Jin kept on jumping in while Mijoo was thelling their story so I decided to start her training." Jisoo unnie answered as she reached for her shoe.

"I threw out Jisoo's shoe outside because she threw it at me because I was about to tell Jisoo's handcuff incident. Who was her partner at least." Mijoo unnie grumpily answered.

"Oh, that." Jisoo unnie's eyes begged me not to tell as I felt pain in my back, Sujeong pinched me as I glance at her as her were eyes expressing the same. Sujeong's expression was hidden from their point of view. SinB's eyes were also begging but was hoping that I would reveal it.

"What happened to you unnie?" I petted Sana unnie's head as I avoid the others' look and the topic at hand.

"Mijoo was bullying me because I blurted out how she and Momo were cuffed this morning when Jiae unnie asked what led to retelling of their handcuff incident." Sana unnie replied.

"You know what? I would forgive you if you tell us SaiDa's beginning." Mijoo unnie told Sana unnie.

"Is it alright with you?" Sana unnie checked if it would be fine.

"Why not? But I think I should be the one who would be telling this story." I replied hesitantly, Sujeong urged me with a little push probably trying to bury the handcuff topic.

 

"Additional story time!" Sujeong exclaimed excitedly as she hands Jin a towel.

"By the way unnie, the leaders are waiting for you at the office as a witness for Jihyo unnie and Soul unnie's relationship." I told Jiae unnie as I sat down.

"Do I have to?" Jiae unnie asked disappointedly as I replied with a nod.

"It's story time unnie, you don't need to worry about Jin being tortured by Mijoo unnie and Momo unnie." Sujeong reasurred Jiae unnie.

"Take me with you unnie, that seems juicier than SaiDa." Mijoo unnie begged.

"That's rude, you requested this so it's your duty to listen to this until the end." Jiae unnie told Mijoo unnie as she stood up and left.

 

"There was a time when SaiDa was nothing while DahMo was being pushed through, by me anyway." I started after Mijoo unnie finished whining.

 

 

"Momo unnie is ignoring me again." I told Sana unnie as I was laying on her bed, using unnie's lap as a pillow. Sana unnie was gently caressing my hair.

"Be with me then, I promise you I wouldn't ignore you." Sana unnie said for the nth time with a warm smile.

"You're just saying that to cheer me up." I pouted.

"Would you like me to prove it to you?" Sana unnie leaned in, close enough that it made my heart skip a beat. Has Sana unnie always been this cute?

"Woah now, unnie." I pushed her away to gain some distance between us. "Let's not be rash about this."

"What? I'm cheering you up just like what you said." Sana unnie chuckled as I sat upright. "Unless you really want to become mine."

"Treat me to some food then! That would cheer me up!" I suggested with a grin and ignoring the last part.

 

"Did someone say food?" Momo unnie's head peeked inside our room.

"You're not allowed inside for ignoring Dahyun." Sana unnie told her childishly as she hugged me. I could feel my heartbeat beat faster than it normally does. Why am I getting conscious of Sana unnie all of a sudden?

"That's why I'm here. I want to clear up this misunderstanding." Momo unnie replied. "I'm sorry if it looks like that I am ignoring you but I was just preoccupied about some other things that I have been unconsciously blocking out other people."

"Still thinking about a better routine?" Sana unnie asked.

"I just want to win after a long dry spell." Momo unnie frowned.

"Why don't us three eat out to get your brain juices running and celebrate you not really ignoring Dahyun?" Sana unnie suggested but there's a slight hint of sadness on that last part. Is Sana unnie really messing with me or is her feelings towards me really legitimate?

"As long as it's your treat I'm game." Momo unnie answered cheerily as she left our room.

 

 

"I've heard you've been avoiding Sana even though you guys are roommates." Momo unnie told me bluntly as she was taking a break from dancing.

"Could you keep a secret unnie?" I cautiously asked.

"Depends if it involves a crime. I would have to turn you in because I don't want to be an accomplice to a crime." Momo unnie replied jokingly.

"You know that I've been pushing DahMo for a while now but I think I am having doubts about us." I said hesistantly.

"What does that have to do with you avoiding her?" Momo unnie's brow raised.

"I don't know!" I raised both of my hands. "Every time she gets near me I get all jittery. It's like she gives off this weird vibe."

"What kind of vibes? Did she do something weird to you while you were sleeping?" Momo unnie asked protectively.

"No!" I tossed her one of her towels as a sign of disagreement. "Well, she might have, I don't know." My feelings are all over the place and it's seeping out.

"I think I know what this is, but I have to test something out first." Momo unnie squatted in front of me and lessen the distance between our faces.

"What are you doing unnie?" I asked as cupped my face into my hands. "Did you already fall for my charms?"

Momo unnie then stands up after a few minutes of just staring into my eyes then says, "Experiment one is done, I'll tell you all about my observations next week." After that, she walked away from me and began practicing again.

 

For the following days, Momo unnie kept a close observation with my interactions with the other unnies. It started with Jihyo unnie while I helped her with the dishes, my casual talks with Nayeon unnie and Jeongyeon unnie. though Jeongyeon unnie kicked her out of the dorm because of it. She gave up on observing my interaction with Mina unnie because all we did was play co-op games. It was weird though that she didn't do it at all with my interactions with Sana unnie, but I guess it was my fault since I kept on avoiding Sana unnie.

"For Pete's sake, how long are you going to avoid Sana?" Momo unnie blurted out as I opened the door of our room.

"I'm not avoiding Sana unnie, we talk during the night. Isn't that right unnie?" I looked back inside our shared room to confirm it with Sana unnie even though it is a lie.

"Yep." Sana unnie guaranteed which surprised me. Why are you going this far

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter