Playing with fire

It's Twice as Lovelyz
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is this really not a prank?" Mina asked timidly as they sat on one of the tables outside of 1cm.

"Why do you keep on thinking this is a prank unnie? It was really embarrassing to confess in front of everyone." Sujeong admitted as she hid her flustered face from Mina.

"So am I really the one you are interested in?" Mina asked again, but this time it is almost inaudible.

"Is it that unbelievable?" Sujeong doubtfully asked.

"Would you be offended if I said yes?" Mina answered hesitantly. "I mean since you have also been spending time with Momo and Sana that they'd pursuaded to do this."

"I guess I did spent more time than expected with Momo unnie and Sana unnie." Sujeong recollected. "Were you jealous unnie?"

"Not one bit." Mina looked away as she answered.

"But you shouldn't be unnie, I mean if you look at it, I spent the most time with you unnie." Sujeong held Mina's hand. "We spent these two Saturdays together and we've been chatting with each other. The only time I've spent alone with Momo unnie is when she cleared up the misunderstanding of Mijoo unnie knowing their relationship and with Sana unnie to get to know more about you."

"R-really?" Mina asked shyly. "Wait, so does that mean what you said to Taehyung was -"

"You know unnie, every lie contains a truth." Sujeong said jokingly.

"But we're not in a relationship." Mina countered.

"Not yet atleast unnie." Sujeong said positively. "You like me, and I'm interested in you. We can't just base it on face value right?"

"So the entire time, you were observing me?" Mina asked in disbelief.

"Don't put it like you're an experiment unnie, and I'm not observing you unnie, I'm getting to know you." Sujeong corrected the latter. "It may seem unfair I used this for me to know this but you really did a toll on me last week, I didn't know that you'd suddenly compliment me like that."

"But you're unfair too. Telling me you'd visit your beloved and meeting Taehyung then suddenly introducing me as your girlfriend? Do you know how jealous I was?" Mina started tearing up again.

Before Sujeong could've responded to Mina's claims, the bell from 1cm's door clattered.

"You better run Bomi unnie!" shouted SinB but was grabbed by Jisoo before she could've chased after Bomi. Mina and Sujeong couldn't help but glance towards their direction.

"My my Sujeong-ah, that's no way to treat your number one unnie." Jisoo commented as she saw Mina wiping away her tears.

"This is your fault too unnie." SinB accused Sujeong as she marched towards the two.

"To be fair, I retracted my statement of exchanging places with you. I agreed to go to the Gfriend dormitory without you getting involved and we got  Soul unnie and Sowon unnie's permission for that." Sujeong defended herself.

"What's this all about?" Mina asked Jisoo with a hint of jealousy in her voice.

"Why don't you ask miss secret agent there?" Jisoo pointed towards Sujeong with her eyes.

"I didn't know you were awake by that time unnie when I made that joke but the main point of it unnie was the aforementioned Student Exchange Program earlier." Sujeong commented and answered Mina's question. "As what you've learned earlier this week unnie, Tzuyu and Yein is in a relationship. To get back at Tzuyu for always mocking her about not taking a step forward, Chaeyoung requested to visit our dorm and tease Tzuyu that she's having a sleepover with Yein."

"Did that happen?" Mina asked innocently.

"No, Chaeyoung got cold shoulders and backed out." Sujeong answered but was elbowed by Jisoo for lying. "Okay, I goaded Chaeyoung to switching dorms with me with the implication that she gets to tease Tzuyu that she's having a sleepover with Yein but in reality, I would just sent her there to tease Jin."

"You were in our dorm?" Mina asked in surprise.

"Yes unnie, it wasn't a roach that Dahyun and Tzuyu saw on their room, it was me." Sujeong admitted.

"But I had a conversation with Chaeyoung."  Mina still denying that she was alone with Sujeong on their dorm.

"We were on a group call by then, I was trying to forfeit our exchange because Dahyun left me alone with just you unnie on your dorm." Sujeong told the truth.

"What about the water then?" Mina asked slowly accepting Sujeong's word.

"The proof that my confession to you wasn't a prank." Sujeong brought up their earlier conversation. "Yein made Chaeyoung get you that since it was unfair that Chaeyoung got to see Jin but I can't see you."

"And the scream?"

"Oh, that. We don't need to talk about that unnie." Sujeong evaded the topic.

"Was this related to what Sana was selling?" Jisoo interjected.

"What might you be talking about unnie?" Sujeong asked, head tilted as to stop Jisoo from talking.

"Isn't it just a photo of Kei and Sujeong that Dahyun stole from Sujeong's phone? Jeongyeon and Sana was having a discussion about that." Mina guessed.

"You should've bought that. It was a great picture." Jisoo said.

"But I already have a picture of Sujeong." Mina blurted out. Once Mina noticed what she said, she silently stood up which surprised the three then bolted because of embarrassment.

"Want to help run after Mina unnie? I'm betting Mijoo unnie would be pissed at you for not telling her about your relationship unnie." Sujeong offered. "I promise to tell the whole story to Mina unnie this time."

"Would that be alright to you SinB?" Jisoo asked SinB out of consideration.

"It's fine. I want to hear what is the ending of the Student Exchange Program from S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter