Joyland

It's Twice as Lovelyz
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mijoo's POV

 

It happened last year when the fourth year unnies from our dormitory left for their class' MT. We got envious of the unnies' MT that we also made plans of our own and have concluded that we'd go to an amusement park. On the day of the unnies' MT and our excursion, the dreaded handcuff incident happened.

While we were discussing our itinerary for a smooth sailing day, Jin somehow managed to cuff me and Jiae unnie without us noticing. I only realized that the deed was done when I noticed Kei's eyes following someone from our direction. As I turn around to see what was back there, Jiae unnie flattens me as we sprawled out on the floor. She was dragged down as I tried to see what or who was there.

 

 

"That was hilarious unnie, your reaction was the best." Jin raised two thumbs up as she laughed. "Jiae unnie's too, with the surprise of suddenly being close to you."

"Let's go, we're continuing your practice." Jisoo began dragging Jin away.

"But Mijoo unnie might make up lies, I need to make sure that the story is correct!" Jin tried struggling to escape from Jisoo's grasp.

"I'm here, I'll correct Mijoo if she deviates from the truth." Jiae unnie sat next to me in my surprise.

"I thought the unnies' have something planned for the afternoon?" I asked as I hold onto Jiae unnie's hand.

"Jin is here, I don't think you or Momo would go easy on her." Jiae unnie replied. "Now please continue."

 

 

"Just because the unnie's aren't here, you're free to do whatever you want!" I pushed off Jiae unnie with my free hand and tried to get Jin but didn't get too far as I was connected to Jiae unnie.

"Please remove this guys." Jiae unnie requested as she sat properly. "I'm okay with this if it was only here on our dorm, but we're going to an amusement park today. They might not let us in for this."

"Social experiment for our thesis." Kei said as she placed documents on the table where our itinerary was placed.

"That's the excuse we're using." Jisoo appeared out of our walk-in closet.

"You're in on this too?" I asked as I gritted my teeth.

"All of us from the Arts college knows about this." Jisoo replied. "Soul unnie was the one who first realized that you're awkward with each other even though you guys are roommates."

"The reason why we don't talk to each other is that we know each other to well, not because we are awkward with each other." Jiae unnie reasoned, which I agreed on.

"Sweet and Sour Pork or Black Bean Noodles? 1, 2, 3." Kei asked.

"Sweet and Sour Pork." Jiae unnie answered first.

"and Sour Pork." I followed a few milliseconds late.

"That doesn't sound right." Jisoo complained.

"Pizza or Chicken? 1, 2, 3." Jin asked with Jiae unnie and I answering immediately.

"Pizza."

"Chicken."

"Yeah, you unnies really know each other too well." Jin said sarcastically as she left to go in the walk-in closet.

"Better start moving, the driver we hired is already on his way." Kei stood up and followed Jin inside the walk-in closet.

"Until when do we need to wear this stupid handcuffs?" I asked as I gestured to Jiae unnie to stand up.

"Ten hours." Jisoo answered. "For your information, I won't be with you guys in this trip as well as the two Sujeongs. They got called in for an emergency in their office while you might keep on talking to me."

"Maybe we can pretend in front of the two and they'd let us free before we even reach Foreverland." I suggested to Jiae unnie who has a sour expression on her face.

"I can hear you, you know." Jisoo stated as she's making something in the kitchen.

 

Jiae unnie and I just faced reality that they are really doing this to us, for ten hours. I do admit that there was a time where the only things we said to each other are 'good morning' good night'. Our room felt like prison even though neither of us did something wrong to everyone in our dorm or to each other.

After we've all changed, Jisoo went down with us until we've settled in on the van we rented. Jin and Kei sat at the back in consideration of our current predicament.  Even before we began left for Foreverland, Jin and Kei started to become annoying. Maybe it's just me being irritated by this situation but I'll go with them trying to annoy us.

 

"Unnie, big problem." I whispered to Jiae unnie.

"What is it?" Jiae unnie's expression didn't look good.

"I forgot to go before we headed out." I admitted.

"I'm pretty sure we can remove this when we do our business, right kids?" Jiae unnie looked at Jin and Kei who's happily singing.

"No unnie, it was stated that you'll be cuffed to Mijoo unnie for ten hours." Jin responded.

"That is a different kind of getting close." Jiae unnie told Jin.

"How about this, every time we go to the restroom, we add five minutes to our existing time." I proposed.

"Shake on it unnie." Jin extended her hand up front to close in the deal.

"You just made an unnecessary deal unnie, you could've called Soul unnie for confirmation." Kei spoke up as I shook Jin's hand in agreement.

 

 

"Best fake deal ever!" Jin yelled while still following Jisoo's mentorship.

"Shut it and keep practicing!" I yelled back then turned to Sujeong. "Why aren't you practicing when you're the enthusiastic one between the two of you yesterday?"

"There is no other dance major who is free unnie." Sujeong gestured to everybody who is tuned in into my story.

"Once I'm done, I'll be the one teaching you." I told Sujeong.

I noticed Mina wanted to speak up against it but I already resumed on telling my story.

 

 

"Everyone here looks like they're filled with happiness but you guys look pathetic." Jin commented as we went inside the park.

I ignored Jin as I took in the view. It has been a long time since I went to an amusement park.

"Want to hold hands?" Jiae unnie offered bashfully.

"Are you sure unnie?" I ask to confirm since it might not be fine.

"Yeah, plus it could hide the fact that we're cuffed." Jiae unnie replied, still bashful.

"You're smart unnie." I suddenly blurted out a compliment towards Jiae unnie.

 

We wandered aimlessly at the park because once they succeeded with their plan and me complaining, our itinerary was comple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter