036

To You

 

“Must you do this?” Mrs. Hong watched as her daughter picks up her jacket, Sena’s secretary was waiting outside; her bags were already loaded to the car.

“It’s work, eomma. I’m not five anymore.” She mused at her.

“Still, spend your birthday with us.” She sighed again, Mr. Hong’s brows rose, somehow he could sense his daughter’s discomfort.

“Sorry, eomma. But I want to be there earlier, it would give me the time to get to know the department as well as go around.”

Her mother made a face at her as they walked towards the front door.

“But, Sena-yah,”

“Yes, abeoji?”

“I don’t see Taeyong. I assumed he’d drive you.”

Sena paused and shook her head.

“He’s a bit busy, appa. It’s fine, I can go alone. I’ll get going then.” She nodded quickly before stepping out of the house.

 

 

Taeyong leaned back against his seat as the meeting went on, he glanced at the windows and his brows furrowed.

“Taeyong-ah,”

He looked at Kai beside him, then he paused.

“It already ended.” Kai said to him, he saw the other executives leaving the room. Taeyong nodded and stood up.

“Ya, what’s happening? I just got a text from Jaejoong hyung,” Kai started as they walked towards the double doors.

Taeyong just buttoned his coat.

“Sena just left the country. What happened? Did you know this was going to happen?”

Taeyong didn’t make a sound.

“Ya, did she tell you in advance? She told me she’d~”

“Just call her, hyung. Or ask Jaehyun. She already left, so stop bothering me.” Taeyong snapped before heading towards the elevator.

Kai just blinked and shook his head.

“Something happened. Heol. ”

 

 

Sena took her seat inside the lounge, she picked up the day’s paper and paused when she saw an article about Taeyong.

His taking over had become talk of the town and most people wanted to know what he plans to do as KoreaAir’s new director.

Sena looked at his photo, she slowly put the photo down and picked up her coffee.

“I thought you’d understand. You…You always did, TY. I’ve hurt Jaehyun so much this time, and I’m worried~”

“And telling me to stay away from you didn’t hurt me?”.

“Why do I have to give way to him?!”

“You…You only think about yourself, Hong Sena.”

“Taeyong~”

Taeyong took off the silver chain around his wrist and tossed it on her feet.

“Go ahead, choose him.”

Sena looked at the silver chain around her wrist, she exhaled and looked away.

“Please understand me. Please.” She whispered before wiping her tears away.

 

 

Taeyong set his phone down on his desk, he walked towards the floor-length windows and crossed his arms.

“I did ask you to stay.” He said to himself. His brows met briefly, he heard his secretary enter his office.

“Director, a Miss Choi Jinah is here to see you.”

Taeyong didn’t reply, he just exhaled and stared at the view before him.

“Director?”

“Tell her I’ll be right down.” He spoke, the male quietly left the room. Taeyong was about to pick up his phone when he saw the Polaroid photo on his desk. It was a photo of Sena he had taken when she visited him during one if his shoots in New York last February.

Taeyong just exhaled and left his office.

 

 

Sena started to shake her head.

“Ya, you don’t have to go this far….It’s just work. I’ll be back.” She stuttered, Taeyong shook his head.

“I’m serious.”

Sena’s brows met briefly, Taeyong reached for her hand and gave it a squeeze.

“This is the truth. I love you, Hong Sena.”

She just stared at him, her brows furrowed.

“So, don’t go. Stay with me.”

“Taeyong, I~”

“At least do that for me.” He said softly.

“I—I’m sorry, I can’t….I can’t do that. I can’t….be with you.”

Taeyong took a deep breath and slowly nodded.

“You’re..too important to me…I can’t risk it. I’m sorry.” She nodded then she slowly turned away from him.

“I..I think it’s better if I go ahead. Thanks for dinner.” She glanced at him briefly before going back to the house, Taeyong saw how she placed the BMW’s car key on the bench.

He picked it up and tossed it away, seconds later he heard a loud purr of an engine, he glanced at the front gate and saw the Audi speeding already speeding away.

 

“Fine…go.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++