024

To You

 

“Are you going later?” Sehun asked his cousin as he stepped in her office, Sena looked up from the document she was browsing.

“Yeah. You?”

“Do I have a choice?” He shook his head as he sat down, Sena grinned at him.

“Sena-yah,”

She looked up from her desk.

“I know things have been really difficult lately, with Jaehyun, the Jungs and..Taeyong.”

Sena put the document down and looked at him.

“It was something you said to me a few days ago.”

“What, oppa?”

“That introducing Jaehyun to your parents would be too much commitment.”

Sena halted.

“I’m only saying this because I care about you, growing up I always watched over you and now it’s become a habit.”

Sena looked at her fingers.

“Please, think about what you said. I’m sure you didn’t just say it without meaning, it was a slip of the tongue, but I know you meant it, Sen.”

“Oppa,”

“You….seem a little lost, Sensen.” He looked at her.

“You might not know it yet, but I think you are. I think there are some things that you’re not seeing.”

“Oppa, I~”

“I think you’re leading those two on.” Sehun said, Sena blinked at him.

“…What?”

“That’s all, I just wanted to tell you take things slowly and to try..finding yourself for a while. I worry about you, you know.” Sehun stood up and walked to her.

“See you later.” He mussed her hair before leaving.

 

 

Sena curled and uncurled her fingers around the strap of her Chanel purse.

“Young miss, we’ve arrived.” The driver spoke, she looked up.

The Rolls Royce’s door was opened, she slowly went down. She could hear some of the reporters calling out her name as she walked towards the entrance of the venue, she dressed simply, a black off shoulder dress went past her knees and a pair of suede leather peep toe heels.

“You’re alone, director Hong? Are the rumors true?”

“Did you and vice president Jung really split?”

She just smiled and moved forward, she finally entered the venue and was greeted by Jaejoong’s secretary.

“Welcome, director. Thank you for coming.” The male smiled as she was guided to KoreaAir’s Christmas Party.

Sena paused and glanced back, she saw Jaehyun just alighting his car.

“That introducing Jaehyun to your parents would be too much commitment.”

“Please, think about what you said. I’m sure you didn’t just say it without meaning, it was a slip of the tongue, but I know you meant it, Sen.”

Her brows knitted together for a moment before following the male.

 

 

“Oneesan!” Mimi beamed as Sena reached them, Yuta gave her a wink.

“You’re not late, that’s new.” Taeyong said softly.

“I want to clock out early, I’m a bit tired.” Sena stated before taking Mimi’s hand in hers.

“Are you okay? You look a little…off.” Yuta asked with concern, Taeyong looked at her and just brushed off a lock of her hair away from her shoulder.

“Just…work.” She shrugged, Taeyong didn’t say anything, but he knew something was wrong.

“Neesan, your grandparents are here too. I saw them.” Mimi announced.

“Right, they were looking for you.” Taeyong said, Sena started to look around.

“Let’s go find them then.” Sena looped her arm around his, Taeyong just smiled and walked with her, then Sena started speaking in low tones.

Taeyong just nodded along as they walked.

But, oneechan, I feel like something’s going to happen.” Mimi spoke.

What do you mean?” Yuta asked, then they saw Sehun walk by them, he looked a little shaken.

Just…something.

 

“So, last night,”

Taeyong looked at her, Sena was playing with the cuff links on his left arm.

“Hmm?”

“I was thinking of fixing my .” She said.

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve been a bad girlfriend to Jaehyun, probably a crappy friend to you and Yuta,”

“About the second part, I agree.” Taeyong said lightly, Sena just smiled and shook her head.

“I promised to myself that I’d fix it, between me and Jaehyun. Things have bene really bad for us lately, and I know its my fault.” She sniffed.

Taeyong’s forehead furrowed, he grew tense, Sena just sighed and rested her head on his shoulder as they walked.

“So, stop treating me so well, Jaehyun might misunderstand, and I don’t want to put you in a difficult situation again.”

Taeyong just nodded quietly.

“I think I have to prioritize him first, you’ll understand, right?” She nudged his shoulder.

Taeyong just faced her and gave a small smile.

“Of course.” He replied and looked away again.

 

 

 

“Oh! Taeyong, Sena!” Sena’s mother was the first one to spot them. Sena looked at them, Jaehyun and his parents were also together with her family.

“Oh, eomma, appa.” Sena let go of Taeyong and walked to them.

“Look at you, still as handsome as ever.” Mrs. Hong greeted Taeyong with a hug first then Sena.

“Heol.” Sena snorted. Mr. Hong grinned and walked to them.

“How have you been, uncle?” Taeyong shook the male’s hand.

“Worried about my daughter and you.” He replied.

“Eh?” Taeyong blinked, the male just shook his head.

“Halbae, halmae.” Sena smiled as her grandfather pulled her closer, Taeyong glanced at the three before looking at Jaehyun.

“Good that you’re here, we’ve been looking for you!”

“Why, halmeoni?”

“Is it true? How could you keep it from us, Hong Sena?” The elder Hong slapped her granddaughter’s arm playfully.

“What was I keeping from you, halmae?” Sena asked.

“That you were getting married, Jaehyun and his parents visited us earlier at the company.”

Taeyong halted and looked up.

Sena froze, her eyes went to Jaehyun.

“Sena~”

“Aigoo, are you still shy? Hiding things from your grandparents~”

Sena pulled away from them, Jaehyun tried to reach for her arm.

“We should start with the preparations soon!” Mrs. Jung cheered.

“Sena-yah, you should tell us first.” Mrs. Hong said to her chidingly.

Sena just stared at her mother, her lower lip quivered.

“Judging from the look on your face…this doesn’t seem right, huh?” Mr. Hong said lowly, Taeyong just watched as Sena walked away from their group.

“Yeah, uncle. Then, excuse me.”

 

 

Taeyong was a few steps behind her.

“Car key.” She stopped, Taeyong looked at her back.

“I’ll give it to you, but tell me where you’re going.”

Sena just nodded without facing him, Taeyong took out his car key and handed it to her, Sena looked at him.

“Sena, I’m~”

“Thanks.” She said, her eyes were already red from trying to stop her tears.

“Yeah, go.” Taeyong nodded, he watched as she waded through the crowd. Then he saw Jaehyun tailing after her.

Taeyong followed him and grabbed him by the shoulder.

“Don’t you dare stop her.” He spoke, Jaehyun faced him, his eyes cold.

“I have every right to stop her, leech.”

Taeyong smirked.

“You’re getting in the way, Lee Taeyong.”

“You’re trapping her. You cant do that to my Sena.” Taeyong faced him, he could feel some of the guests were staring at them.

“Watch it, pretty boy. She was never yours.”

“If you really love her, you would not think of owning her.” Taeyong replied, Jaehyun’s jaw tightened.

“What are you? Will you be able to feed her? You can’t even afford to be with her.”

Taeyong just dropped his arm.

 

“At least I wont set a trap so that she’d marry me.” He said before turning away from him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++