029

To You

 

 

 

Sena exhaled just as she stepped out the conference room.

“More meetings?” She asked as her secretary approached her.

“That was the last one, director.”

“Finally.” She breathed, the male smiled.

“Ah, but, director,”

Sena paused and looked at him.

“Vice president Jung has been calling since yesterday…he wants to talk to you.”

Sena looked away, her shoulders grew tensed.

“Director, we can just tell him that you’re~”

“It’s fine, I’ll call him shortly. Go and take your lunch.” She patted his shoulder before walking back to her office.

 

 

Jaehyun sat down by the window; his warm cup of lemon tea was seated before him. Sena had called him earlier; she said she would meet up with him.

He leaned back on his seat.

“If you can’t deal my being friends with him, then leave. Leave me. I’ll try to get over it.”

His fists curled briefly, then his phone started to ring.

It was his mother’s secretary, he sighed before answering.

“What is it?”

“Vice president, please check Lee Taeyong’s Instagram account.”

“..Why would I do that?”

“It might be related to what he’s doing now.”

“What is he doing?”

“A press conference, sir.”

 

 

Sena was in the process of getting in the elevator when she paused, she was checking her Instagram when Taeyong’s post appeared. He had posted a black and white video of her, talking.

“We can even get those weird potato twist things that you like. And you can buy me hot chocolate.”

“Yes, I’ll buy you that later.”

“And that ahjumma’s stall by our school, let’s visit her and eat. We used to eat at her stall everyday when we were in high school.”

“Anything else, HongNa?”

“We crash at Yuta’s place and demand that he make us okonomiyaki.”

“Everything you mentioned involves food, you know that right?”

“I don’t need you to buy me other things, food will do.”

“I know.”

“Mwoya? He never does this type of thing.” She muttered as she looked at her smiling face as the video played again, then she read the caption: 4 U

“Is he trying to tell the world that I’m a pig?” She shook her head, then she heard her secretary calling for her in a rush.

“Director! Director! It’s Mister Lee!”

 

 

Taeyong cleared his throat; he ed his coat and sat down before the reporters and the camera.

“Thank you everyone for coming especially in this cold weather.”

“What’s your reason for calling this conference? Is this regarding your new drama?”

“No, today, I want to clear some things.” Taeyong said calmly, he his lower lip before facing the crowd again.

“First, it is true that I’ll be taking a break. I am not certain when I will be back, but I wont be active in the entertainment industry.”

The crowd started to grow noisy.

“Next, my name isn’t Lee Taeyong, it’s a screen name created for me by the company because I wanted one.”

The buzz grew so loud, the staff had to quiet down the reporters as they threw questions at him.

“I would like to apologize my fans for keeping this for a long time, please trust me when I say that I have my reasons for keeping my true name.”

“Does this also explain why no one knows about your family, Taeyong-ssi?”

“Yes, my real name is…Kim Taeyong. I’m the third and youngest son in my family. My eldest sibling is Kim Jaejoong, the second brother is Kim Jongin.”

The reporters grew silent for a moment, then most of them balked.

“Kim Jaejoong of…?”

Taeyong exhaled.

“Yes, my father’s family runs KoreaAir, my mother comes from Hansol Holdings.” Taeyong said firmly.

“Then….you’re a chaebol!”

“Hansol Holdings?....Then, you’re part of the Samsung family?” One reporter stood up, security started to push them back to their seats.

“Yes, president Lee Chun Byung is my maternal grandfather.” Taeyong replied numbly, then his phone started to vibrate, Sena was calling him. His lips quirked up briefly.

“Then, why did you hide this information for so long? What brought this up?”

“What made you decide to reveal all these now?”

Taeyong faced the cameras.

“I didn’t want it to be known because I wanted to be treated properly, I didn’t want people to think that the only reason I succeeded as an artist is because of my family.”

Taeyong faced the male reporter again.

“I decided to reveal all these now, because I wanted to clear things up. And, I’ve been planning to help my brothers with the family businesses for quite some time now.”

“Is that it? No other reasons? You’ve been involve in a lot of scandals recently.”

Taeyong smiled and shook his head.

“It’s just to make things clear. I want people to know that I’m capable of being with someone like Hong Sena, director Lotte Department Stores.” He said jokingly, his manager panicked.

“Ah! Your close friend, director Hong? There’s always been rumors about you two, we have nothing to write about it anymore.”

The reporters laughed.

Taeyong’s smile appeared.

“That’s right, reporter Seo. Please be gentle on writing about this.”

“Of course!” The older male chuckled, then Taeyong exhaled and stood up, he buttoned his coat.

“Then, that will be all. Thank you for coming.” He bowed before leaving the conference room.

“Kim Taeyong-ssi!”

“Taeyong-ssi, what happens now?”

 

Taeyong just walked straight and exited the hall, with a smirk on his face.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++