015

To You

“Yes, let’s do that. And since all our Christmas promotions have been given a go,” Sena spoke as she walked with two of mall’s managers behind her.

“Always keep in mind that the floors and gardens might became slippery, and we have a lot  families coming in with kids, so, please remind the maintenance department to check on that.”

“Yes, director.”

“I’ve spoken with the financial department regarding our budget for the yearly Christmas concert, I heard you’ve voted our Myeongdong branch to hold it?”

“Yes, we have. It’s the perfect place for the concert.”

“Well, I trust your decision, manager Im.” She nodded with a smile, then she halted when her phone started to ring.

“Jaehyun-ah?”

“I’m at your office to pick you up…but you’re not here.”

She halted, and blinked.

“We..had plans?” She asked as she stepped away from the two executives.

“Yes, we talked yesterday. Lunch at SMT.”

“Ah!” She sighed.

“Where are you? I’ll pick you up.”

“No need, I’ll be there in a few. See you.” Sena placed her phone back in her purse.

“Then, we’ll get going, director.” The two men gave her polite bows before going back to their offices.

Sena nodded and just looked at her phone again.

 

 

“I don’t understand you.” Yuta pointed out as he and Taeyong entered the restaurant.

“What?” Taeyong asked distractedly as he watched Mimi look for a table.

“I know you and Sena have issues, but it’s been more than a week, talk to her.”

Taeyong didn’t reply and just walked after the girl.

“I can’t divide myself between you two, such stubborn brats.” Yuta muttered darkly as he followed the two to their table.

What would you like to eat, Mi-chan?” Taeyong spoke as the waitress brought them their menus, she was staring at Taeyong with admiration.

“Can we get cheese fondue? Let’s order ahead for Sena unnie, too. She’s coming, right, oppa?” Mimi spoke, Taeyong paused.

“Uh, Sena, she’s~”

“You wont believe the guts on that Taeyong person!”

Yuta looked up, there were three middle aged ladies occupying the table behind him. Taeyong’s brows rose up.

“Ah, your son’s friend?”

“No! His girlfriend’s friend. I feel bad for the girl, she’s stuck with someone like him. Sooner or later he’ll probably just toss her away.”

“Unnie, don’t be like that. He’s really popular nowadays.”

“Who cares? He’s not in our level, he should step away from Sena. A cheap entertainer like him shouldn’t be seen with my daughter-in-law.”

Yuta’s brows met briefly as he glanced at his friend, Taeyong was studying the menu, but he knew that Taeyong could hear them very well.

“They’ve been friends for a long time, Jaehyun~”

“I don’t care. Sena should just leave him, a friend like him will only lower her status.”

Mimi looked up and slammed the menu down on the table, Yuta and Taeyong looked at her with wide eyes.

“Hey, ahjummas!” She spoke up, Taeyong winced and looked away, the women looked at her. Taeyong glanced at the Jung elder.

“Please keep your voices down and your wrinkled selves away from people’s business, it’s annoying.”

“Whoa, her Korean is flawless.” Yuta murmured.

“Hey, kid~”

“It’s young miss Nakamoto. And I don’t talk to strangers.” Mimi scrunched her nose at them before lifting up the menu to block their faces.

“Thanks, Mimi.” Taeyong couldn’t help but smile.

“As long as you and Sena unnie fix your issues.” She nodded at him before telling her brother to order food for her.

 

 

Sena looked at her plate uneasily.

“You don’t like it?” Jaehyun asked her as the waitress left.

“I kind of already ate at the office.” She said apologetically, Jaehyun’s brows rose briefly.

“I’m sorry, it really slipped my mind that we were going to go out.” She added quickly, her eyes went to the dish again.  Jaehyun had ordered honey-cured chicken with peach sauce for her. And she was allergic to peach and honey.

“It’s fine, just order dessert ahead.” Jaehyun nodded at her, she smiled.

“How was your day? Busy?” He asked her, Sena looked up from her phone.

“A little, I had two meetings at different places. It was crazy.” She stated, she glanced at the window.

“It’s because of the Christmas season, right, Sena-yah, are you free tomorrow night?”

“Most likely..why?” Her eyes never left the building across the street, then she saw Mimi and Yuta exit the restaurant, her lips curled up.

“Eomma wants to invite you over for dinner. If you’re free.”

Then Taeyong appeared behind them, Sena tensed up.

“..Ah.” She mumbled.

“So…are you free?” Jaehyun asked her again.

Sena watched as Mimi and Yuta walked towards his waiting Audi, Taeyong gave the two a wave, two young girls had walked up to him and asked for a photo. He was smiling as he complied and he finally slid inside his black Lamborghini Murcielago.

Weird, he rarely takes his cars out publicly.

“Sena?”

She finally looked at Jaehyun.

“What?”

“Are you free?”

“..When? For what?”

Jaehyun blinked at her.

“Tomorrow night. Dinner at our home.”

“Yeah, sure. I’ll be there.” She nodded quickly as she watched Murcielago speed away.

“Look at you two now, you’ve been through so much, you can’t just let somebody destroy yout friendship, especially not over just some guy.”

 “You can’t choose your boyfriend over your best friend, Sen. I don’t think that’s how it should go.”

“Are you okay? You don’t seem well.” Jaehyun reached for her hand across the table.

“Sen, what he did…he’s successfully drove a wedge between you and Taeyong. Think about it.”

Sena looked up to meet his gaze.

“I’m fine. But can I go ahead? I have to meet up with Sehun oppa. For work.”

Jaehyun looked at her confused.

“But, we~”

“I’ll call you later, bye.” Sena stood up, she picked up her purse before rushing towards the doors.

 

 

Jaehyun exhaled and just dropped his utensils on the plate.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++