013

To You

 

Mimi eyed Taeyong warily as the others chatted over dinner. They were having a small dinner party at Taeyong’s house with some close friends.

“This is weird. I don’t see your HongNa.” Kai spoke up, Mimi nodded at the older male, Sehun noticed how the male tensed up briefly.

“Right, I did text her.” Yuta chimed in.

“I called her earlier, she said she was out of town.” Taeyong fibbed as he picked up his fork.

“Out of town? I haven’t seen Sena in a while.” Jaejoong added.

“Something’s suspicious, Oh Sehun-ssi.” Mimi whispered to the tall male.

“I know, Mimi agasshi. It doesn’t seem right, my cousin would jump at any chance just to make Taeyong cook.”

The two nodded conspiringly.

“I wonder if she’s fix things with Jaehyun, with all the rumors going around, I’m worried about those two.” Yuta started.

“And you aren’t worried about these two? TY and HongNa?” Sehun mused, Haera sent her brother a look. They had agreed upon on not telling Taeyong about Jaehyun’s doing.

Jaejoong grinned.

“Why? Why should we be worried? It’s Taeyong and Sena for crying out loud.” Kai replied, Taeyong just looked away.

“But, I’ve decided on something.” He said quietly, Haera looked at him.

“Are you going overseas again, neesan?” Mimi leaned over.

“No, I’ve decided on taking a break from work.” Taeyong said, everyone on the table paused.

“Really?” Yuta blinked.

“That’s good then. We can get our plan moving.” Sehun and Kai smirked at each other, Haera just slapped her brother’s arm.

“And does Sena know already? Or are we the first ones to know? But Sena always knows.” Yuta said.

“I…did mention to it before. It’s just…I feel like I need to stay put for a while. So you’ll be seeing more of me.” Taeyong nodded before going back to his plate.

 

 

 

Haera looked up just as her cousins stepped in the conference room, it was still empty except for the two of them.

“Hi, unnie. I don’t see Sehun oppa.” She said as she put her bag down and sat down.

“He’s on his way, but you,”

Sena looked up from her seat.

“We had dinner last night with everyone, where were you?”

Sena paused.

“Ah, I was with Jaehyun.”

“Really? I thought you were out of town. Taeyong said he so, didn’t you two talk over the phone?”

“Ah…Y—yes, unnie. We had dinner by the seaside.” Sena nodded quickly, Haera’s brows rose.

She’s lying.

“Do you know where we had dinner last night?” Haera asked just as Sehun entered the room.

“Your place? Jaejoong oppa makes the best shrimp scampi.” She said with a grin, Haera looked at her sibling, Sehun just shook his head.

“Yes..we did.” Haera nodded, Sehun took his seat, minutes later the rest of the BOD entered the office.

 

 

Taeyong watched as Mimi rushed to her academy’s building, Yuta had asked him to bring her to school for he had to fly to Japan on a short notice.

He stepped on the gas sped away from the establishment, he drummed his fingers on the wheel.

He had nothing on his schedule today except for his meeting later in afternoon. His brows met briefly.

“She’s probably worried he might misunderstand. She’s worried about him.”

 “She’s his girlfriend, but she’s being linked to you.”

“Just understand her, she must really like this guy.”

Taeyong exhaled as the traffic lights blinked red.

He looked to his left and studied Lotte Department Store’s big façade.

“No, why do I have to adjust too? It’s his problem if he can’t understand.” He said before shifting lanes.

 

 

“Ah, really? Then, is she out?” Kai asked Sena’s secretary.

“She’s probably on her way back from lunch, sir.”

“Then tell her I’ll be roaming around downstairs. Please call me then.” He said before walking to the elevator. Kai made his way out of the admin office and entered the mall.

He started to listlessly walk around, then he halted when he saw Sena stepping down from a familiar looking car, Jaehyun appeared seconds later and kissed her cheek goodbye before speeding away.

“Sen~” He was about to walk towards her when he saw a black BMW pull over by the curb. Taeyong slid down from the car and walked up to his friend. Kai inched towards the exit door and discreetly neared the two.

“T—Taeyong-ah.” Sena was a little shocked when she faced him.

“You’re wrong.” He said.

“..Huh?”

“Ani, why do I have to adjust just because of him? It’s his problem if he can’t accept~”

“Taeyong, don’t do this.” She said as she furtively glanced around them, Taeyong shook his head.

“You…You were never like this, you never cared when people stared at you when we’re together, you never minded all those rumors, but now….”

“Things are different now. Jaehyun, he’s not used to having you around for a long time, and I’ve realized that I’ve been careless.”

“I don’t care if he’s not used to having me around, you’ve been HongNa to me for more than ten years.” Taeyong stated flatly.

Kai’s brows rose as he leaned behind the wall, some people were already staring at the two as they spoke.

“Why are you only focusing on him?” Taeyong asked her.

Sena blinked at him.

“I thought you’d understand. You…You always did, TY. I’ve hurt Jaehyun so much this time, and I’m worried~”

“And telling me to stay away from you didn’t hurt me?” He snapped.

“Why do I have to give way to him?!” He added, Sena looked away.

“You…You only think about yourself, Hong Sena.”

“Taeyong~”

Taeyong took off the silver chain around his wrist and tossed it on her feet.

 

“Go ahead, choose him.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++