Chapter 9

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV

Saturday I decide to go get a coffee at the nearby coffee shop just before lunch, before heading to the dance studio near my house. Mina, Sana and Tzuyu were meeting me there after lunch to practice our routine for the performance night, but I decided to go a bit earlier. I was about to cross the road when I bumped into someone who was running. The person stopped and turned around.

“Ah I’m so sorry.” I say while looking at the ground.

“Ha it’s all good Momo.” I look up and see Tae with her hair tied up in a ponytail, wearing a crop top with a sports jacket over top so her abs are visible. My eyes widen as I take it in, she is sweating and trying to catch her breath, but yet still looks so good. She grins at me. “You look surprised to see me.” She says as she sticks her tongue out and winks at me.

“Yeah just a bit, do you live around here?” I ask out of curiosity.

“Yeah just around the corner actually. What are you up to?”

“I was just about to get a coffee actually, want to join me.” I reply with a smile. She wipes the sweat off her forehead with her arm before answering.

“Sure why not.” She says with a grin and we both cross the road to the small coffee shop.

As we walk in Tae shouts to the person behind the counter.

“Wheein-ah you’re favorite little sister is here!”

“Tae-tae!” The girl shouts back before she runs over and gives Tae a hug. “Eeww Tae you are covered in sweat and you stink have you ever heard of a shower?”

“Yah unnie, it’s not that bad. Besides I was actually going for a run when I bumped into Momo and she invited me in.” Tae replies with a pout while slapping the other girl on the arm. I’m just standing there awkwardly.

“Omo, Tae who is she, she’s pretty.” The girl says with a grin while looking at Tae.

“Ah right sorry, Wheein this is Momo, Momo this is my sister’s girlfriend Wheein.” Tae says introducing us. I smile slightly before speaking up.

“Hi it’s nice to meet you.”

“Hello, I have to ask what is someone like you doing being friends with this idiot.” Wheein says while gesturing at Tae beside her. I can’t help but laugh at Tae pouting and pretending to be offended.

“Wheein unnie stop insulting me, and get me the usual please.” Tae says before turning to look at me. “What would you like Momo?”

“I’ll just have a vanilla latte please.” Wheein smiles and starts making the drinks while Tae takes out some money to pay. “It’s okay I can pay.” I say trying to stop her.

“No way I got this.” She says as she hands over the money.

“Yeah Momo just let her pay so she can feel better about stinking up my shop.” Wheein says while smirking at Tae.

“Unnie, you are so rude to me today, is it payback for the other morning.” Tae says while laughing.

“You are such an idiot Tae.”

“Yeah but you love me regardless.” She replies sticking her tongue out, as Wheein hands us our drinks. “Anyway I will see you later Wheein unnie.” She yells as we walk out.

“You have changed a fair bit since I first saw you at school.” I say as we walk down the road towards the dance studio.

“Hmm I guess so, I think making some friends has helped me relax a bit.” She replies with a small smile.

“Well that’s good then.” I reply as we keep walking. Tae finishes her coffee, before looking at her watch as her eyes widen.

“Crap I’m going to be late.” She says before looking at me apologetically. “I got to go Momo, it was nice seeing you, I’ll see you tomorrow.” She waves as she sets off running down the footpath.

“Bye Tae!” I yell as she looks back over her shoulder and smiles.

 

Tae’s POV

I sprint like crazy towards my house, in the hope that I will get there with enough time to spare for a shower before everyone shows up. Luckily I do, I run inside and say a quick hello to Yongsun before running upstairs. I finish my shower and while I am getting dressed Yongsun yells from downstairs.

“Tae the girls are here, hurry up.”

I walk downstairs feeling rather pleased with myself. I seriously cut that too close.

“Hey guys. It’s good to see you two alive after your stunt with the principal yesterday.” I say as I walk into the lounge room. Chaeyoung and Dahyun just burst out laughing.

“The look on his face was priceless, but thankfully he didn’t catch us.” Dahyun says while grinning from ear to ear.

“Ahh yes I’m glad I haven’t fallen victim to you two and your pranks.” Yongsun says while sitting back on the couch and resuming watching her movie.

“Don’t worry Ms. Kim we only play pranks on the teachers we don’t like.” Chaeyoung says while grinning at her.

“Well unnie we are gonna go upstairs.” I say as I make my way upstairs with the other four following behind me. We go into the music room and I turn the lights on before sitting at the piano. Nayeon sits beside me resting her head on my shoulder with a yawn.

“Okay Tae your house is awesome, we have to have a party here sometime, it would be awesome.” Chaeyoung says as she sits on the floor next to Dahyun, while Jihyo sits at the desk.

“Ha maybe.” I say with a laugh. “So do you guys have any ideas for the performance, because I got nothing.” I ask while smiling.

“Anything as long as we don’t do y, I can’t do y.” Dahyun says while pulling a funny face making everyone burst out laughing.

“Yeah and I can’t do innocent.” I say while smirking “It’s not my style.” Nayeon hits me on the shoulder playfully.

“Yeah you are far from innocent.” Nayeon says trying to hold back a laugh. While the other girls just nod in agreement.

“Well why not do a girl crush concept. I think the four of us could definitely pull that off.” Jihyo says while scrolling through her phone.

“If it’s girl crush then we should definitely take on a 4minute song.” Dahyun says while grinning.

“Yeah that would be perfect, we’d have to learn the dance to though, are you guys good with that.” I ask.

“Sure but just to warn you I at learning routines.” Jihyo says while sheepishly scratching her neck.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter