Chapter 10

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

I wake up early and decide to head to Nayeon’s place earlier than usual, and as I am driving towards her place I see Momo and Tzuyu walking to school. I pull over and wave at them.

“Hey Momo! Did you two want a lift?” I ask with a grin.

“Oh hell yeah if you’re offering then I am in, I hate walking. Thanks, it’s Tzuyu by the way.” Tzuyu says while dragging Momo behind her.

“Hey Tae.” Momo smiles at me.

“No problem, nice to meet you Tzuyu. I just got to go get Nayeon, but we are heaps early anyway, jump in.” I reply while trying not to laugh as the very tall Tzuyu tries to squeeze in the back seat.

I pull up at Nayeon’s house just as she is coming out the door.

“Morning Taetae!” She yells as she flashes her bunny teeth at me.

“Morning Nabongs.” I say with a wink as she gets in the back. “We still got a fair bit of time, do you guys want to get coffee, it’s on me.”

“A lift and free drink, Momo unnie I like her already can I keep her?” Tzuyu says with a pout while the rest of us laugh at her.

I take them to Wheein unnie’s café and as we walk in, Wheein greets me in the usual way, before taking our order. While we are waiting I bump into a familiar face. Dr Yoon Bomi my psychiatrist from when I spent time in the hospital. I can’t begin to explain how much she helped me through the loss of my sister.

“Hello Tae, its great to see you again” She says while smiling gently at me.

“Hey doc, its good to see you too.”

“You look much better then last time I saw you Tae. I must say I’m relieved. How are you coping with everything?”

“Much better thanks, I don’t know what I would’ve done without your help though. I am actually settling into the new school quite well. I’ve even been singing again.” I say with a grin. “Come on I want to introduce you to some people.” I drag her over to where the girls are sitting.

“Hey guys this is Bomi unnie she’s a good friend of mine.” I say not wanting to reveal the fact that I needed a psychiatrist to Momo and Tzuyu just yet. “Unnie these are my friends Nayeon, Momo and Tzuyu.”

“Nice to meet you all, It’s good to see Tae finally found someone who can put up with her.” Bomi says with a smirk. I glare at her while Nayeon bursts out laughing.

“Yeah she can definitely be a handful sometimes.” Nayeon says while putting an arm around me playfully. “But she’s pretty awesome overall.” Momo nods agreeing while smiling at me. I smile at her as Bomi speaks up.

“Well anyway girl’s I have to get to work. Take care of Tae for me, she may be good at finding trouble, but she’s got a heart of gold.” Bomi says with a smile, “And Tae come visit me sometime, Chorong unnie keeps asking about you.”

“Count on it doc, and say hi to Chorong unnie for me.”

“Take care of yourself Tae.” She says as she leaves the restaurant. The four of us follow not long after.

When we get to school Mina and Sana are waiting at the gates. Tzuyu runs over and hugs her girlfriend while the rest of us walk over.

“Thanks for the lift Tae unnie.” Tzuyu says with a grin.

“Anytime Tzuyu.”

“Yeah thanks heaps Tae, for everything, I wouldn’t have finished my assessment yesterday if it weren’t for you.” Momo says before giving me a hug. I freeze in shock, before awkwardly returning the hug. I can feel my cheeks heat up; I look up and see Nayeon laughing at my reaction. Momo pulls away soon after and smiles softly at me.

“TAE! NAYEON!” I look over and see Jihyo and the two troublemakers waving at us.

“Well I’ll see you in homeroom Momo, seeya Tzuyu!” I say with a smile before dragging Nayeon off with me.

“Ha you are all confidence when you are the one flirting, but if someone returns the favour you are quite shy I see.” Nayeon says with a smirk. I slap her lightly on the arm.

“Oh please like you wouldn’t react the same if it was Mina hugging you.”

“Fair point” She says with a laugh before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter