Chapter 27

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV

 

As I approached her she didn’t notice me at first, deep in her thoughts. I could see the trails down her face from the tears she had been crying, her breathing was slow and her fists were clenched over her stomach. I slowly reached out to her and gently placed my hand on her shoulder. I felt her shoulder tense up as she shot up into a sitting position.

 

“Tae, baby it’s just me. Is everything okay?” I say as I reach out and take her hand in mine.

 

“Moguri.” She replies weakly before burying her face in my chest and sobbing softly. I just rub her back soothingly and let her slowly calm down. After a while she pulls away and goes to wipe her face with her arm. Gently I reach up to her face and wipe the remaining tears with my thumb.

 

“Baby talk to me, what’s wrong?” I ask as I look into her eyes. I see a mixture of sadness, fear and anger reflected back at me. Her fists clench tightly as she answers.

 

“They are letting him out.. That jackass is getting out of prison. How could they let him out after what he put her through.” She says while looking at me. “What if he finds me again? What if he hurts you? I don’t know if I could control myself if I see him again, especially not if he hurts you.”

 

“Taetae, it’s gonna be okay, he won’t find you, you know your Solar unnie and the police won’t let that happen.”

 

“The justice system has already let him go free. How will they stop him if he wants to find me.”

 

“Everything will be fine in the end Tae. Trust me. Now come on baby, lets skip the rest of school, we can just go back to your place and watch a movie or something to take your mind off everything.” I say smiling at her trying to convince her as I grab her hand and pull her off the ground. “I’ll message Jungyeon for you and let her know I took you home because you weren’t well.”

 

Relief washes over me when Tae smiles softly at me before grabbing her bag and lacing her fingers through mine as we make our way out of school to her car.

 

“Thank you, Momo.” She says with a content smile.

 

“I’m always here for you Tae, remember that before you go running off and scaring me again. Now come on let’s go home.”

 

“Actually, there is something I want to do first. Come with me?” She asks while looking over at me from the driver’s seat.

 

“Of course I’ll come with you, where are we going?” I ask, raising my eyebrows slightly.

 

“You’ll see when we get there.” She says with a small smile, and a hint of sadness in her eyes.

 

………………

 

She’s right too, I understand immediately what it is she wants to do as we pull up at the cemetery near her house. I watch as Tae takes a deep breath before getting out of the car and coming around to open my car door for me, offering her hand for me, which I of course take. I can’t help but smile at her softly, she still manages to be chivalrous even when she’s upset, she never fails to make my heart flutter even at times like this. I squeeze her hand gently as we make our way through the cemetery. I feel her stop beside me as she looks at a headstone in front of us, A photo of a brightly smiling girl who almost looks like Tae’s twin, adorning the top right hand corner, with a constellation design decorating the background. The headstone reads; “Beloved sister and best friend of Tae and Yongsun. An angel on earth who once again took flight. Will forever be remembered and missed.” I frown slightly noticing the lack of a mention of her parents, Tae must’ve noticed this as she speaks up beside me.

 

“They didn’t even come to her funeral, our parents that is. The second all of this happened they deserted us, I haven’t spoken to them in almost a year. They keep sending money to Yongsun unnie, but they refuse to speak to us.” She says sadly, while shaking her head lightly. “I can’t understand how they could desert her like this, she didn’t deserve any of this, she was the sweetest person, couldn’t harm a fly, and I couldn’t protect her.” I watch as she sits down in front of the grave and places her hand on the photo. I grip softly onto her shoulder and give it a reassuring squeeze not knowing what to say. She speaks up again, directing her gaze straight ahead at the headstone.

 

“Hey Youngie. I can’t believe it’s almost been a year. I miss you everyday sis. I got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter