Chapter 12

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

The next morning I wake up with a groan, I drag myself out of bed and have a shower before throwing on a faded pair of skinny jeans, a tank top and a checked shirt, leaving it ed messily before brushing my hair and making my way downstairs to make breakfast.

“Someone’s in a good mood I see.” Yongsun says with a hint of worry in her voice. “Are you okay?”

“Mmm I just didn’t get much sleep last night. Nightmares.” I say with a groan.

“You still have them?”

“If there’s a lot on my mind, then yes, but not usually.”

“Is this about what happened yesterday?” She asks while putting her hand on my shoulder.

“Partly, but you know there’s more to it then that.”

“Is this about tomorrow? We can get through it Tae, together I promise.”

“We should be celebrating with her unnie, but instead it’s become a depressing day. She would’ve been 17 tomorrow, I’m not ready for it.” I say holding back tears.

“When school is over tomorrow we can go to the cemetery together Tae. I will help you through it. I promise.”

“Thanks unnie I appreciate it.” I say with a small smile. “I’m going to go pick Nayeon up, I’ll see you at school.”

I pick up Nayeon at her house and she greets me with worried eyes.

“Tae are you okay?”

“I’m alright, Mina was just looking out for Momo, and I can respect that. I don’t hate her for it.” I reply with a sad smile.

“You pushed Momo away last night though, you should trust yourself more Tae. You won’t hurt her. I know you well enough to see that. I just wish you could.”

“I’m trying, I’ve just got a lot on my mind at the moment.”

“Okay good because Momo talked my ear off about it last night. She was really worried.” Nayeon smiles at me and I smile slightly in return as we pull up at the school.

 

Momo’s POV

I look up and see Tae and Nayeon walking through the school gates. Tae looks like she hasn’t slept at all and her expression is gloomy, and lifeless. Occasionally she smiles slightly at Nayeon beside her but it is obvious that it is forced. I sigh to myself quietly, I just hope she can open up to me and trust herself more. Mina is watching her from beside me looking guilty. Nayeon looks over and waves at us slightly, but Tae just keeps walking, looking like she hasn’t noticed us at all.

“Mina you have to apologize today.” I say while looking at her. “Promise me you will.”

“Okay I will talk to her at lunch. Let’s go to class.” She says before dragging me after her.

In homeroom Tae is sitting in the usual spot with her head on her desk snoring lightly. I decide not to wake her yet and leave her to sleep while watching her face. I sit there staring at her through the whole of homeroom, her facial expression is contorted and she looks upset, a single tear runs down her cheek and I have to fight the urge to wipe it away. When the class ends she takes her bag and leaves for her class with a blank look on her face.

Lunch comes around quickly with nothing interesting happening, I’m sitting with Mina, Sana and Tzuyu as usual when Nayeon and Jihyo come over and join us.

“Hey guys. Tae’s not with you?” I ask.

“No I haven’t seen her since this morning.” Nayeon replies with a sad smile.

“She was in music class, she wasn’t herself though. When I left she was talking with Miss Kim.” Jihyo says quietly.

“Did someone say my name?” I look up and see Miss Kim smiling at us.

“Ah hi Miss Kim.” I say with a bow.

“No need to be so formal while there is no one else around, any friends of my sister Tae are friends of mine. You can just call me Solar when it’s just us. You must be Momo, and you are?” She says with a smile while looking over at Mina.

“This is Mina, Sana and Tzuyu. Did you say you were Tae’s sister?” I replied slightly surprised.

“Ha yeah Tae is my younger sister. So you’re Mina?” She says while looking at Mina, looking slightly unhappy.

“Yeah that’s me, you probably haven’t heard anything good about me after yesterday I guess.” Mina replies nervously.

“Mmm she didn’t say much about what happened actually, what you said was out of line though, but you should know that she is not actually mad at you, if you apologize she will completely forgive you.” Solar says with a small smile.

“She didn’t seem happy this morning though she wouldn’t even look at me.” Mina says while looking up at Solar.

“Don’t take it personally Mina, the only one she has spoken to today is Nayeon.” I say while shaking my head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter