Chapter 13

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

I was woken up by Yongsun coming into my room and laying beside me in my bed. She wrapped her arms around me and stayed that way for quite a while, neither of us saying anything. I hadn’t slept much last night, as I was dreading today. I could tell from the black circles under my sister’s eyes that she was in the same boat. I could see the tears on Yongsun’s face, as she lifted up her hand to wipe my own tears away. We stayed like that in silence for a while before she spoke up.

“We can get through this Tae, we just have to be strong.”

“I don’t know if I can unnie.” I said while looking into her eyes.

“Then I’ll just have to be strong enough for the both of us.” She replied with a sad smile, before pulling me out of bed and down to the kitchen where Wheein was waiting for us with breakfast. She wrapped Yongsun and I in a hug and let us both cry in her arms for a while.

“You two should really stay home today, it’s not fair that you have to go to work on a day like this.” Wheein says while releasing us.

“I wish I could but I couldn’t get it off, plus it’s best if Tae is with her friends today rather than on her own.” She says with her hand on my shoulder.

The three of us eat breakfast in silence, Wheein occasionally squeezing Yongsun’s hand to comfort her. I spend most of the time pushing the food around my plate without actually eating any of it. It’s times like these that I’m really grateful for Wheein being with us. She has always been there to support Yongsun unnie and she has always treated me like family. We finish breakfast and the two of them make their way to leave for work.

“I’ll see you at school Taetae, come find me whenever you need me.” She says before kissing me lightly on the forehead and making her way out the door. I had no intention of going to school today, but she didn’t need to know that, so I just nodded my head as she left.

………

After I was sure my sister had left I made my way upstairs and had a shower. I stayed in there for what felt like hours, with the warm water running down my back. I got out and threw on some ripped jeans and a shirt before putting on my favourite jacket. It used to be Hayoung’s and she always used to yell at me whenever I borrowed it, which was all the time. She gave it to me just before my first big competition, saying that I wore it more than her anyway, and maybe it could bring me luck. It was one of my most precious possessions. I made my way downstairs and raided Yongsun’s alcohol cabinet, taking a bottle of vodka that was three quarters full. I took a mouthful straight from the bottle as I made my way back upstairs. The liquid burned my throat on the way down but I was beyond caring. I walked into the room beside mine; Hayoung’s, and threw myself on her bed. The room had remained untouched since the incident except for the clean up that Yongsun had when she returned from the States. I refused to let anyone in here, and it was where I came whenever I was missing her. I stared at the photo frame beside her bed. It was a photo of the two of us dancing together like idiots, nothing was bothering us and we were just letting loose. That day is still one of my happiest memories with her. I spent the next hour or so just lying in her room crying and drinking my sorrows away.

 

Nayeon’s POV

I woke up super early today freaking out about the fact that Mina would be walking me to school. I reminded myself to kill Tae next time I saw her if this didn’t go well. ‘Stupid idiot with her cocky smirk, honestly she is out to embarrass me I swear, why did she think this was a good idea?’ My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. ‘, she’s here relax Nayeon don’t do anything stupid.’ With a final deep breath I open the door to see Mina standing there with a lopsided grin looking as nervous as I felt.

“Umm hey Nayeon.” She said while scratching her head.

“H..Hey Mina.” I say mustering up some courage as we start walking. We are both extremely quiet and I am looking at the ground at my feet rather than where I am walking. I almost fall over as I walk into someone, but luckily Mina steadies me by catching my shoulder while shyly smiling at me.

“HEY! Watch where you are walking !” I hear a voice very familiar to me and I flinch, before looking up and seeing Minho standing in front of me looking rather pissed off.

“Don’t you dare call her a Minho. You bloody idiot.” Mina says while glaring at him.

“Get screwed Mina, why would you stick up for a nerd like her anyway and don’t call me an idiot this is none of your business.”

“Why not? I think it’s an accurate description of you. I don’t see why it is acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not for me to point it out.” She says with a smirk. I watch, as Mina continues to insult him and I try my best not to laugh. Minho is getting more and more pissed off as the second fly by.

“Mina do you always have to be such a cow?” he yells at her.

“No, but what can I say you bring out the best in me.” Mina says and Minho rolls his eyes in response. “Keep rolling your eyes Minho maybe you’ll actually find a brain back there.” This is obviously pushed him a step to far as he grabs her by the collar of her shirt.

“You know if you touch me or Nayeon, Tae might just do us all a favour and beat you up so bad you can’t open that stupid mouth of yours.” She says before death glaring him as he lets go looking slightly scared at the mention of Tae. Mina quickly grabs my hand and we both walk off in a hurry.

“Thanks for sticking up for me Mina.” I say with a smile, we keep walking without letting go of each other’s hand and eventually make it to school. When we get to school I see Momo looking at us suspiciously with a smirk.

“Hey guys I didn’t realise you were coming together.” She says before punching Mina lightly on the shoulder. Mina lets go of my hand to hit Momo back and I can’t help but feel slightly disappointed.

“Yeah well Tae is going to be late today so Mina offered to walk me, I’m lucky she did too otherwise Minho probably would’ve hit me again.” I said while smiling shyly at Mina before we head towards our classes.

“Where’s Tae?” Momo asks looking slightly disappointed.

“I don’t know she just said she had something she needed to do.” I reply, while wondering what it is she might be doing myself. The three of us walk to class while chatting happily.

 

Momo’s POV

The day passes by slowly without any sign of Tae; I can’t help but worry since she told Nayeon she’d be here, especially since it was lunchtime already. I walk into the cafeteria and see Mina and Nayeon sitting at the usual table talking to each other happily, completely in their own little world. I don’t really want to interrupt them but I wanted to find out if Nayeon had heard from Tae.

“Hey guys.” I say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter