Chapter 32

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

 

The party kicked off pretty quickly, everyone talking happily amongst themselves. While everyone was chatting, I made my way out to the balcony and stood there for a while absorbed in my thoughts. The last time there was any sort of party in my house was for Hayoung’s 16th birthday. ‘I wish you were here sis, you would’ve fit in so well.’ I think to myself while looking up at the stars starting to appear in the sky. I look up as I hear the door behind me open and I see Mina walking up to me with a shy smile on her face.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hi Mina.” I say with a small smile.

 

“What are you doing out here on your own?” She asks.

 

“I’m just thinking.”

 

“Oh well, umm if you ever need anyone to talk to, I’m here.” She says scratching the back of her neck, “I know we didn’t get off to the best of starts, and I am really sorry about the way I acted. I guess I just can’t help but notice how happy Momo is lately, and I’m really thankful because I know you are the main reason for that, so if you need me, for anything, I’m here.”

 

“Thanks Mina, and I forgave you a long time ago so don’t stress about it.” I reply with a smile. “But come to think of it there is something I am curious about.”

 

“Oh? And what might that be?”

 

“When are you gonna make a move on Nayeon?” I ask with a smirk and she lightly hits me before rolling her eyes at me.

 

“You are just like Tzuyu.” She says laughing. “No wonder you two get along so easily.”

 

“You are avoiding my question.” I reply still smirking.

 

Before she gets the chance to answer Nayeon and Momo pop their heads out the door looking at us curiously before Nayeon speaks up.

 

“The rest of the girls want to hear you sing something Tae, get your inside.” She says grinning.

 

“Okay then sounds good,” I reply before looking back at Mina, “Don’t think this conversation is finished, I’m not letting you off that easily.”

 

Laughing I walk back inside grabbing Momo’s hand and pulling her with me while Nayeon looks beyond confused, but eventually follows us with Mina.

 

“What were you two talking about?” Momo asks with a smile as the two of us make our way to my music room to get my guitar.

 

“Hmm, we were bonding. Well sort of.” I reply chuckling.

 

“Oh well thanks for making the effort, I know you guys had a rough start.” She says as she reaches up to my cheek gently. I grin happily at her.

 

“She’s like a sister to you, of course I am gonna make an effort. The people important to you, are also important to me.” I reply and Momo smiles at me before leaning in for a kiss. But before our lips meet we hear laughing at the door where we turn to be greeted by Dahyun and Chaeng smirking at us.

 

“Come on idiots, people are waiting.” Chaeng says before the two of them run back downstairs. I just laugh in reply before leaning in and pecking Momo gently on the lips and pulling away.

 

“Come on then your fans await.” Momo says rolling her eyes before dragging me downstairs.

 

Once downstairs I sit with my electric guitar in my lap and start playing.

 

 

When I finish, I grin at Momo next to me and put my guitar down before laying my head in her lap.

 

It’s at that moment that Jungyeon stands up smirking evilly before opening her backpack to show the numerous bottles of alcohol.

“Well guys I think it is time we really get this party started.” She says and a few of the other girls cheer.

 

“I promised my sister there wouldn’t be alcohol guys.” I say slightly worried.

 

“Don’t worry Tae, we will clean up any mess in the morning, promise.” She begs.

 

“Whatever but if I get in trouble for this I swear I will kick your Yoo Jungyeon.” I reply death glaring her.

 

“Yes sir.” She answers grinning dorkily and saluting me. I shake my head at her antics. “So you want some?” She asks offering me a drink.

 

“No, I can’t drink.”

 

“Come on just one won’t hurt right.”

 

“I said no, I’m not joking, I’m really not supposed to. I.. uhh…” I sigh, “I just can’t okay.” I bury my head in Momo’s lap.

 

“Fine more for me.” Jungyeon replies before walking over to talk to Jihyo.

 

“You okay?” Momo asks.

 

“Mmm I’m okay, I just can’t have alcohol because of the medication I am on.” I reply quietly.

 

“It’s okay Tae I get it, besides we don’t have to drink to have fun okay babe.” She replies running her hand through my hair. I smile at her happily as Dahyun cranks the music in the background and starts dancing like an idiot making everyone laugh.

 

…………………………………………………………..

 

After a while almost everyone in the party was tipsy if not completely drunk, apart from Nayeon and myself. Momo had ended up being persuaded by everyone to drink as she was the birthday girl. So now I am sitting and watching my beautiful girlfriend dancing around the lounge room with Dahyun and Jihyo to ‘Who’s your mama.’ by J.Y. Park, which was extremely entertaining to say the least. After a while Momo got tired of dancing and made her way over to me, throwing herself into my lap while giggling slightly. I smile at her as she sits herself up, wrapping her arms around my neck with a grin. I place my hands on her hips gently.

 

“You’re drunk.” I chuckle as she shakes her head.

 

“Nope, I am not. Maybe just a little tipsy.” She replies with a cheeky smile.

 

“Whatever you say babe. Are you having fun?”

 

“It’d be more fun if you would dance with me.”

 

“Maybe later when I don’t have to worry about Dahyun knocking me out with her arms that are flying all over the place.” I say with a smirk as I watch D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter