Chapter 18

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV

I wake up slowly to the feeling of strong arms wrapped gently around my waist and calm breaths on my neck. I turn my body slowly to face the beautiful girl next to me who is currently sleeping with a peaceful look on her face. I can’t help but feel relaxed and safe in her arms, and as I reach up to move a bit of hair from her face she tightens her grip on me pulling me closer with a grin.

“Tae, I know you’re awake.” I say while poking her lightly in the ribs.

“And I know you’ve been watching me sleep.” She replies with a chuckle.

“I haven’t really I swear.” I say as I feel my cheeks heat up after being caught.

“There’s no point hiding it, I’d be staring too if I woke up next to me.” She says while smirking and loosening her grip on me.

“Someone’s full of themselves first thing in the morning.” I reply as I roll my eyes and push her shoulder playfully. She looks at me with an evil grin before she starts tickling my sides ferociously.

“What can I say it’s a confidence boost seeing someone watch you like that. The situation would be reversed if I had woken up first.” Tae says while grinning without halting her attack. Once again I feel my cheeks heat up at her openly admitting that, but I am unable to say anything through the constant laughter from Tae’s tickling.

We continue to play around like that for a while, and without us realising at some point in our tickle war Tae has managed to pin me down to the bed with my arms on either side of me. I look up at her to see that she is grinning happy with her victory. We stay that way for a few moments before Tae slowly starts to lean closer, it feels like déjà vu as she inches closer to me and I remember what happened last night. I close my eyes in anticipation and just then the door to Tae’s room slams open. I look up to see Solar unnie standing there with wide eyes. She quickly closes the door while muttering something under her breath before shouting at us from behind the closed door.

“Sorry to interrupt but Wheein is bringing breakfast in a moment so come downstairs.”

At this time Tae and I have completely frozen in our places. I look up at Tae and she that she has turned a deep shade of pink.

“Ahh sorry.” She mutters as she abruptly gets off the bed and heads over to her wardrobe before returning to me with some clothes. “Here, umm shower is just through that door if you want.” She awkwardly says while scratching the back of her neck. I smile at her slightly before getting up and rushing into the bathroom. I can’t help but feel extremely disappointed at yet another interruption. I look down at the pile of clothes she’s given me only to realise she hadn’t given me a towel. With a deep breath I return to Tae’s room only to be greeted by a sight that makes my jaw drop. Tae is standing with her back to me in a pair of jeans with no shirt on. I find myself admiring her slightly tanned back, and I notice what looks like a tattoo running across her right shoulder. I can hear Mina in the back of my head telling me to stop drooling. Tae grabs a flannel shirt from her draw and turns around while buttoning it up giving me the view of her perfect abs. It’s at this moment she looks up, before smiling slightly, catching me once again staring at her. I try my best to hide my blush by looking at the ground.

“umm could I have a towel please, you forgot to give me one.” I say awkwardly.

“Oh right sorry.” Tae replies with a small smile before grabbing me a spare towel. “here you go Momo. I’m gonna head downstairs so come down when your finished okay.” She says before heading downstairs leaving me standing in the doorway blushing like an idiot and daydreaming about what I had just witnessed.

 

Tae’s POV

I quickly make my way downstairs going over what happened in my head. I can’t believe I almost kissed her again, I swear I lost control of my own body yet again. It’s like I lose all control the second I look into her gorgeous eyes, like they draw me in, put me in a trance of some sort. I can’t help but remember the look on her face when she walked in on me changing. I chuckle to myself as I wonder how long she had been standing there. I walk into the kitchen grabbing some juice from the fridge before going to join Yongsun unnie on the couch. She is just looking at me suspiciously with her eyebrow raised slightly.

“So… I didn’t realise you and Momo were together like that Tae.” She questions.

“We aren’t unnie, I like her but nothing has happened yet.” I reply before taking a mouthful of my drink.

“Are you sure? That was a fairly umm… intimate pos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter