Chapter 35

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

Everything is dark, the shadows consume me as I watch a familiar scene play out before my eyes. The screams are loud, and mixed with the sound of crying. I watch as the image of me moves into the room I know so well, and I witness a past memory that has haunted my dreams for so long now, one that never seems to leave. I feel like I am a bystander watching the event from afar, disconnected from my own body, the yell that leaves my mouth sounds as though it is from someone else but I know well that it isn’t.

 

“What the are you doing!? Get the hell away from her you .” The me of my memories screams as she drags the creep away from her sister, before unleashing a flurry of kicks and punches, fuelled by the sound of my sister crying as she shakes uncontrollably. The guy on the ground winces in pain as I continue to hit him.

 

My view on the memory changes, now I am watching through my own eyes as the scene distorts and I feel a rush of pure anger and hatred, blinded by it. The scene is similar to the reality I faced, only this time I didn’t stop myself, I gave in to the urge, to end the pathetic life in front of me as I dropped to the ground and strangled him, holding on tightly until I felt one final breath come from his mouth before he was still. I stand up quickly looking at my hands in horror, red flashes before my eyes. I turn to face my sister and she is staring back at me with a look of pure fear on her face, not because of the boy, but because of me, because I just took someone’s life with my bare hands. I move towards my sister and she backs away.

 

“Monster.” She whispers and everything goes dark, a loud ringing piecing through my ears.

 

………………………………………………

 

I wake up with a scream, the nightmare that has been haunting me fresh in my mind as I sob uncontrollably. I feel a pair of warm arms wrap themselves around my shoulders, comforting fingers my hair gently.

 

“Shh Tae baby, it’s okay it was just a dream, everything is fine, you’re safe with me.” Momo says as she brings my head into her chest and my back reassuringly.

 

“But it wasn’t just a dream.” I reply barely a whisper as I cry in her embrace, for what feels like hours. I eventually fall back asleep in her embrace, cheeks wet with tears.

 

Momo’s POV

After waking up again at about 4am I look over and see Tae sleeping with a pained look on her face. I reach over and place my hand on her forehead, shocked to feel the heat coming off of her, and the sweat plastered on her face. Worried, I quickly jump out of bed and run out of the room to the room next door and knock on the door.

 

“Chorong unnie, can I come in?” I yell as I continue to knock. I hear a groan and footsteps coming towards the door. The door opens and I am greeted by an exhausted looking Chorong, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

 

“What is wrong Momo?” She asks with a yawn.

 

“It’s Tae. She’s burning up.” I say as Chorong’s eyes widen and she follows me into Tae’s room quickly.

 

Tae groans as she rolls over in bed, muttering something in her sleep face contorted as she tosses and turns. Chorong walks over to her and gently places her hand on Tae’s forehead.

 

“She has a fever again.” She says with a sigh.

 

I look at her questioningly. “What do you mean again?”

 

“How did she sleep last night?” She asks ignoring my question.

 

“Crappy, she woke up numerous times, because of nightmares, and then she’d cry herself back to sleep.” I say with a sad smile remembering the long night.

 

Chorong nods in reply. “This used to happen a lot when she was admitted to hospital.” She says as she looks over at me. “Don’t worry it’s just a fever, you said she’s been stressed lately, and yesterday would’ve affected her quite a bit. We just need to try and cool her down a bit and she will recover in no time. When she wakes up I’ll get Bomi to talk to her.” She adds, placing her hand on my shoulder reassuringly before disappearing into the bathroom and coming back with a wet cloth as she starts to wipe the sweat off of Tae’s face.

 

……………………………………………………………………….

 

A few hours later Tae wakes up, looking absolutely exhausted. She sits up and puts her head in her hands, as she sighs. I place my hand on her back gently and she jumps slightly before looking up and smiling slightly at me.

 

“How are you feeling baby?” I ask generally concerned.

 

“I’m tired.” She says sighing heavily.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I’m scared.”

 

“He won’t hurt you anymore Tae, the police took him in for violating the restraining order, and his parole.” I reply remembering what Solar unnie had filled me in on earlier when she came in.”

 

“I’m not scared of him.” She says as she shakes her head placing it in her hands once more before whispering gently. “I’m scared of what I am capable of.”

 

“Baby…” I start before she interrupts me, looking straight into my eyes. I see the fear and vulnerability reflected in them as she speaks.

 

“I wanted him dead…” She pauses, “I would of done it… ended him.. It was like all could see when he appeared in front of me was that night, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter