Chapter 1

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once again I was awoken by the sound of my older sister screaming at me, before she ripped the covers off of me in the hopes of getting me up.

“Tae get your lazy out of bed! You can’t be late for your first day at your new school.” Yongsun said as she open the curtains letting in the bright morning sun.

“Ahh it burns.” I mumble as I throw the nearest pillow at her.

“Come on get up breakfast will be ready soon,” She says as she leaves my room.

I slowly drag myself out of bed and head towards the kitchen still in my pyjamas. In the kitchen I am greeted by the smell of something burning and my sister who is looking extremely flustered running around shoving things into her bag.

“What’s burning unnie?” I ask as I sit at the counter.

“! I completely forgot about eggs!” Yongsun says as she runs to the stove.

“I thought we agreed that you should avoid cooking, so that you don’t almost burn the house down again,” I say while chuckling at her.

She throws the eggs in the bin before turning and glaring at me.

“Why aren’t you ready yet! If you want a lift we have to leave within the next 5 minutes. There is no way I can be late for work!” She yells at me while rushing around.

“It’s all good unnie I can just ride to school anyway, I don’t have to be there for a while yet, you should go now.” I say as stand up and start to head back to my room.

“How can I be sure you will even go Tae?” She replies while looking at me questioningly.

“Don’t worry unnie, I have no intention of skipping. I will see you later.”

“Okay I will see you later then.” She yells back over her shoulder while rushing out the door.

I sigh quietly as I go to get ready. It has been almost 10 months since I was forced out of my last school, and while I was definitely ready for a fresh start, the thought of having to deal with a new school and new people honestly scared the crap out of me. No matter where I went I was sure that people would have heard at least something about what had happened at my old school. It wasn’t as if it was a huge secret, in fact it was the complete opposite it was headline news. I was the most popular girl at my old school, one of the schools top scorers as far as academics went and a member of the under 21 National Taekwondo Team. I guess you could say my future was looking bright, until I got into a fight with my boyfriend at the time. He was the son of the school principal and I beat him up to the point where he ended up in hospital. Of course I had my reasons for this, but people tend to judge before asking my side of the story. I guess I could only hope that the new school brought the fresh start I needed.

After having a shower I quickly throw on some clothes and brush my hair leaving it down, before grabbing my favourite jacket and heading out. I stop by the front door and look at the photo frame on the table with me and my younger sister smiling happily in the photo, “Wish me luck sis, I’m going to need it, I made a promise to you after all” I say with a sigh as I finally make my way out the door, and get on my motorbike and ride to school.

 

Momo’s POV

 

Yet another day had started at school, I was sitting near the school car park waiting with my best friend Mina waiting for our other friends Sana and Tzuyu to finally show up, knowing those two they were probably making out somewhere and had completely lost track of time. I was getting sick of waiting for them when I heard the loud rumble of a motorbike pull up in the car park not far from us. Mina and I just watched in curiosity as a tall girl got off of the motorbike, taking her helmet off and shaking her head so that her long, wavy black hair fell effortlessly down her shoulder. I looked around and noticed quite a crowd had gathered around to watch her. She just slung her bag over her shoulder and plugged in her headphones before walking straight past everyone towards the school. Everyone whispered and stared at her in awe as she walked past like no one was there. I couldn’t help but admire her beauty as she walked past me, She had long wavy black hair that was flowing over her right shoulder, her face was beautiful and she had these striking hazel eyes that seemed to contain so much emotion. As for what she was wearing it was just a pair of torn s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter