Chapter 15

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

I look over to my side and see Momo and Nayeon smiling at me. I grin as I reach over slowly and gently touch Momo’s cheek.

“Thank god you’re okay Momo.” I say smiling as I try to sit up. I grimace in pain and decide to just stay lying down, as Momo looks at me with a worried expression.

“You just woke up in hospital, and you’re seriously worried about me? Tae. I don’t understand you.” She says with a smile while holding my hand.

“Of course I am, the last time I saw you, you were so shocked you were barely able to stand, why wouldn’t I be worried?” I say before closing my eyes slightly, remembering the dreams I’d had before waking up. I hear Nayeon chuckling next to me, and I look at her with a small smile.

“You like playing hero don’t you Taetae?” She says teasing slightly. “But seriously though don’t do that again you had us all worried sick.”

“Believe me, Nabongs, getting stabbed again is not on my to do list.” I say while laughing, but quickly stop when pain spreads through my abdomen and I hiss in pain.

“Take it easy Tae.” Momo says while squeezing my hand. Just then I look up and see Yongsun unnie walk in while looking at the ground with a troubled expression. Wheein is behind her and looks much the same.

“Geez unnie why the glum expression.” I say while smiling at her. Her head whips up quickly and I can see that she’s been crying, although her expression is quickly replaced with a relieved smile as she runs over to my bed and hugs me, happy tears running down her face. I wince slightly at the contact. “Unnie it hurt’s..” I manage to choke out as she loosens her hold on me and sobs into my chest.

“I thought I was going to lose you Taetae, I was so worried.” She mumbles as I rub her back.

“You couldn’t rid of me that easily unnie, I’m too stubborn to go like that.”

“Don’t you dare scare me like that again Tae, or I swear to god I will kill you myself.” She says before pulling away and smiling at me. Wheein then comes over to me and hugs me as well.

“It’s good to have you back kiddo.” She says with a grin, I smile back truly happy that the people I care about are all here for me. “I’m gonna go find the doc. I’ll be back in a minute.” She says before leaving.

“I still can’t believe you managed to carry me all the way home even after being stabbed Tae. You should’ve told me.” Momo says quietly, looking slightly guilty.

“Adrenaline is truly an amazing thing.” I say with a smile. “You weren’t in any state to run, and I knew the house wasn’t far. It was more important for me to get you out of there, I couldn’t let those men hurt you Momo.” I her knuckles with my thumb, thankful that she has barely let me go since I woke up.

“Thanks Tae, but how did you know it was me?”

“I didn’t at first I just heard a scream and came running, I recognised you when I got closer though which made me fight a lot harder.” I say before sighing, “I couldn’t let anyone else get hurt the way my sister did.” I close my eyes and sigh again, I feel Momo squeeze my hand tighter as Yongsun unnie brushes my other arm lightly, smiling at me sadly.

“Thankyou Tae, you saved me.” Momo says looking straight into my eyes. For a second I am mesmerised by her beautiful eyes, but soon catch myself and smile at her.

“Don’t worry about it, I’d do it again in a heartbeat.”

A few minutes later, Dr. Chorong walks in beside Wheein smiling happily.

“It’s good to see you are finally awake Tae, you had everyone here worried sick. Bomi was in here earlier freaking out, you know how much my girlfriend loves you right?” She says as she walks over to check the monitors by my bed. “How are you feeling?”

“Honestly doc, my head feels fuzzy and it hurts whenever I move, or breathe too deeply.”

“That’s to be expected, the fuzzy feeling is from the pain medication you’re on, and the pain is normal considering the injury. The knife hit just below your bottom rib narrowly missing it and any organs. Considering what could’ve happened your very lucky, you lost a lot of blood but it could have been much worse. You know when Bomi said you should come visit, I’m pretty sure this isn’t what she had in mind Taetae.” She says with a chuckle.

“I’ll try to keep that in mind next time doc.” I say with a grin.

“THERE BETTER NOT BE A NEXT TIME KIM TAESUN!” Yongsun unnie yells from beside me in her high-pitched voice. Everyone laughs at her outburst and attempt to glare at me.

“Knowing Tae I shouldn’t be surprised honestly, you seriously have a knack for finding trouble. I don’t know how you do it Tae.” Chorong says with a smile.

“What can I say it’s a talent of mine, but not one I’m proud of doc.” I say with a sheepish grin.

“Taetae!!” I hear a loud voice at the door and look up and spot Dr. Bomi standing at the door grinning like an idiot. I sometimes can’t believe that this big kid in front of me is actually a qualified psychologist, but then I remember everything she has done for Hayoung and I in the past. I can confidently say that without her I wouldn’t be where I am today.

“Hey Dr Pabo Bomi.” I say with a sarcastic smirk.

“Yah!! Tae take it back. I can’t believe you have only just woken up and still have it in you to tease me.” She says before walking over to sit next to me pouting. I see Chorong roll her eyes at her pabo girlfriend.

“Why would she take it back Bomi, it’s true.” Chorong replies while shaking her head.

“Rongie! You are supposed to be on my side.” Bomi replies still pouting like a kid. I look over and see Wheein and Yongsun unnie laughing at Bomi, we were all used to her antics by now, but Momo and Nayeon were looking on rather confused. I could tell they were wondering how the big kid in front of them was actually a doctor.

“Sure if you say so.” Chorong replies while shru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter