Chapter 17

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV

I walked up to the front of Tae’s house and rang the doorbell. I was so relieved when she told me that she was allowed to go home, I couldn’t help but blame myself slightly for what happened to her, no matter how many times she told me not to, she’s really something special, the way she came charging in not even remotely concerned about her own safety just to protect me. I will be forever grateful to her.

I was beginning to get lost in my own thoughts when Solar unnie opened the door with a smile.

“Hey Momo come in Tae is just upstairs. I will take you to her, she’s probably absorbed in her music like usual.” She says while rolling her eyes slightly.

“Why does that not surprise me? I sometimes wonder if she needs those headphones surgically removed.” I reply with a chuckle as I picture Tae with her headphones on as usual.

“Ha yeah but believe me it’s worse at home.” Solar unnie replies shaking her head, while leading me up the stairs. She knocks on what I assume to be Tae’s bedroom, and when she doesn’t get a reply she walks in surprised to not see Tae in there at all. “Hmm that’s odd where is she?” She stands there for a moment scratching her head before making her way towards the end of the hallway past a couple more closed doors. As we pass one of the doors we hear what sounds to be muffled sobbing coming from the room. Solar looks at the door sadly before walking in.

Inside we see Tae sitting on the desk chair crying quietly, in her hands she is holding what looks to be a letter and a necklace. She has yet to realise she our presence as she just sits there. Solar walks up to her and puts a hand on her shoulder to comfort her. At this Tae looks up at her with a small smile before handing her sister an envelope.

“You might want to read that unnie.” She says with a sad smile wiping her tears away.

“Where did you find this?” Solar asks as she runs her hand over the handwriting on the front of the envelope with a sad smile.

“Before I woke up in hospital, I had a dream about her, she told me to look in her desk and sure enough when I got home these were there.” Tae replies gesturing at the letters. “You might want to be alone when you read it though unnie.” I feel like I’m interrupting something so I make my way back to the door.

“Wait Momo don’t go.” Tae says now smiling at me. Solar unnie gives me a small before heading off to read her letter. So I sit down next to Tae.

“Are you okay?” I ask Tae as I hold her hand that is now sitting in her lap.

“Mmm, I’m good actually, just reading something that she wrote for me before she left was a bit bittersweet.” She says smiling sadly. I catch a glimpse of the locket in her hand, its absolutely beautiful.

“That locket is incredible, Tae.”

“Yeah she left it for me with the letters. Something so I could always keep her close to my heart.”

“Did you want me to put it on for you?” I ask gently, she just hums in response before turning around and moving her hair out of the way for me. As I fumble around with the latch I take in her scent, she smells like tropical fruits. After finishing with the necklace I rest my hands on her shoulders. “There you go Taetae.” I say with a smile as she turns around and grins at me her eyes lighting up as she does so. She then stands up pulling me up with her before pulling me towards the door holding my hand.

“Thanks Moguri, come on let’s go watch a movie or something.” I smile at her using my nickname as I follow her downstairs, and I take a seat on the couch as she goes to turn the TV on. “Anything you want to watch?” She asks as she flicks through the different movies.

“Anything is fine by me.” I reply with a smile as I watch her put a DVD in before throwing herself down next to me. Obviously she forgot about her injury as she winces slightly. I send her a worried glance and she just smiles back at me.

“I’m fine.” She says to reassure me. I smile in return before settling back comfortably in the couch as ‘Step Up’ starts playing on the TV. I glance at Tae quickly and she just smiles before answering my silent question. “It was Hayoung’s favourite movie. She was a dancer just like you, and she used to love learning and creating new choreographies. I was often dragged into sitting and watch hours worth of dance movies, or dance videos with her. I guess I kinda grew to love them myself.” She smiles before continuing. “I think the two of you would’ve gotten along really well.”

“I wish I could’ve met her, she seems like an amazing person.” I say sincerely.

“So do I.” She says as she closes her eyes and smiles. “How’s your little sister doing Moguri?”

“Hana, is as energetic as usual, she won’t stop going on about you though, you left quite the impression.” I say with a chuckle. “She is staying at a friends tonight though, mum is away on some business at the moment.”

“She’s a cute kid. Reminds me a little of an old friend of mine when she was younger.”

“Is this the same kid that you saved from her father’s assistant when you were in Canada?”

“Ha yeah that’s her, I guess Yongsun unnie has been telling stories again.” Tae replies chuckling at me.

“Yeah she sure has it was a funny story though, you don’t sound like you’ve changed all that much. Always playing hero.” I reply.

“Mmm maybe not.” She says with a small s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter