Chapter 11

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV

English class started and Tae was nowhere to be found, Mina was extremely quiet obviously feeling horrible, and Nayeon was looking extremely worried.

“Have you seen Tae since lunch?” She asks.

“No I haven’t, I wish I knew where she was.”

“Yeah same here, I’m worried she might do something stupid.” She replies before looking down at her desk. The lesson passes by slowly with still no sign of Tae. I’m finding it extremely hard to concentrate.

“Momo, you and Nayeon should go look for her, I can cover for you with the teacher.” Mina says quietly.

“You should come to so you can apologise.” I say under my breath.

“Momo, I seriously think that I am the last person she wants to see right now.” She replies with a sigh.

“Mina’s right Momo, come on lets go find her. She can apologise later, Tae needs time.” Nayeon says as we both get up and run out before the teacher can stop us. “We should split up, I will go see if her sister has seen her and check the music room, You should check if her car is still here, if it is then head to the gym, she is supposed to be meeting with the taekwondo team there after school. Text me if you find her.” Nayeon says before running off.

I run out to the car park and breath a sigh of relief when I see her car is still where we left it this morning. I remember the way she was smiling at lunch while she was talking with Tzuyu about it and then I picture the look on her face when she walked away, it was a look of anger and self-loathing. I seriously hope I can see her smiling again soon.  Snap out of my thoughts and full on sprint to the school gym.

When I finally get there I peer in through the door and see Tae in full workout gear crying and beating the crap out of the boxing bag, I stay there and watch silently for a while she throws kick after kick into the bag without stopping for breath. I find myself staring at her beautiful body before I shake my head to snap myself out of the trance I’d found myself in, ‘seriously Momo, now is not the time,’ I think before looking back up to see straight back onto the matt panting. I quickly burst through the door worried that she has passed out. When I reach her she turns her head to look at me, and I am met with eyes full of sorrow. She has stopped crying at this point and is just staring at me, as if waiting for me to speak first. I sit down next to her and stare in silence while trying to find the right words to say.

“Tae I…. I’m sorry about Mina, she shouldn’t have said what she said.” I say quietly as I reach out to hold her hand. She pulls away from me and sits up with her back to me.

“But she was right….” She mumbles, I have strain my ears to make it out.

“What do you mean Tae? Nothing she said was right.” I say while making another attempt to comfort her. Once again she pulls away, this time standing up.

“I don’t deserve to be around you Momo, I will only end up hurting you. I always hurt the people I care about, my parents, my teammates… my sister… It’s my fault she’s not here anymore Momo, if I hadn’t trusted that , if I had come home from training even 10 minutes earlier. If I hadn’t lost my temper and been thrown in prison then I could have been with her to help her through it, then maybe she’d still be here… believe me it’s better if you stay away from me.” She says sadly while looking at the ground.

“Tae what happened to your sister isn’t your fault.” I say as embrace her from behind. I hear her sobbing quietly.

“Momo, I don’t want to hurt you. You are better off without me.” She says through the tears.

“I’m the only who gets to decide what is best for me Tae, I get to make that choice. I’d rather be hurt while giving whatever it is we might have a chance, then to never experience it all.”

“I… I can’t do this right now Momo, I need some time, I need to clear my head.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter