Chapter 37

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV

Friday morning at school Tae comes in to the Dance Team’s practice room to speak to us about her plans for the end of year performance. She explains everything she had in mind and we all find ourselves agreeing easily. Mijoo and Yein look excited to be a part of it and Tae is smiling widely, happy that we are all up for it. We all gather around her laptop and watch all of Luna’s live performances to learn the choreo. While sitting there watching I lean my head on her shoulder and wrap my arms around her waist comfortably. She smiles gently at me and puts her arm around my shoulder before fixing her attention back on the screen, watching diligently. While watching, I can’t help but imagine Tae in Luna’s place, and I can already imagine my extremely talented girlfriend performing on stages like that in the future. I have the utmost confidence that she will be accepted into SM and get the chance to follow her dreams. I do worry about what will happen in the future, because with her aiming at the idol life, I feel like we won’t be able to see each other as much, and even though I want to work in choreography, there is no guarantee that I can get into that line.

 

I sigh loudly as I picture our future. Of course, Tae notices this as well as my expression and turns to look at me with a worried expression.

 

“What’s wrong?” She whispers as she gently caresses my shoulder with her thumb.

 

“It’s nothing Tae.” I reply quietly not meeting her eyes.

 

“I know you better than that Moguri.” She says leaning in and placing a kiss on my head, and pulling me closer to her. But she doesn’t push for an answer, instead just looking at me gently before turning back to the laptop screen.

 

After the dance practice finishes, all the girls head off for whatever their next class is. I have a break and so I am about to leave the room, when Tae stands in front of the door looking at me with a grin.

 

“You are staying here with me.” She says blocking the door.

 

“I have to get to class.” I lie as I try to escape under her arms. I know she is going to ask about earlier, it’s like she can read me so easily.

 

“Baby we have been together for months now, I know that you have a break next, and I am not letting you go until you explain to me why you seem so down today.” She adds before effectively pinning me to the wall and looking at me with a smug expression.

 

I sigh lightly and she moves before directing me to the floor where she sits beside me leaning against the mirror. She patiently waits for me to start speaking, while holding my hand lightly in hers.

 

“I’m worried about what happens after graduation.” I say quietly and she nods understandingly, signalling for me to continue. “I mean I know you will get into SM and Nayeon will get into a medicine course, and I can already tell that everyone else is going to be successful. I guess I’m just worried about my future, with what I want to there is no guarantee that I will be successful.”

 

I look up and I am met with Tae’s gentle smile. “Moguri, trust me when I say you will be fine. You were born to be a dancer, and I know that you will be successful. Besides I will be right by your side no matter what.” She replies looking straight into my eyes.

 

“You can’t know that, once you start you training we won’t be able to spend as much time together, and once you actually become an idol we will be spending even less. I just don’t want us to fall apart because we can’t see each other.”

 

“Moguri, I can’t promise that we will always be able to see each other. There will be times where I will be away for work, and there will be times when you are. We are both going to busy in the future, but I assure you, that my feelings for you will not change. Without you I wouldn’t be the person I am today, I’d probably be back in the hospital or worse in prison. I have no intent of letting you go unless that was what you wanted. I just need you to trust me when I promise you that I will fight for us no matter what happens because I love you so god damn much.”

 

“I love you too Taetae, I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay I worry about the future a lot too, it’s only natural. We just need to have confidence in ourselves and in each other and everything will be fine.” She adds looking at me with the gentle expression I’ve grown to love so much. She pulls me into a tight hug before whispering in my ear. “I have no intention of letting you go Hirai Momo, how could I when I feel like you have become a big part of who I am.”

 

I stay quiet just enjoying the feeling of being wrapped in her arms. Tae walks me to my next class once our time together has run out, leaving me with a quick peck on the lips before running down the hallway grinning in an effort to not be late to her next class, tripping on her own feet as she goes. She quickly jumps up and looks around to see if anyone saw, before smiling at me sheepishly and waving then rounding the corner, leaving my line of sight.

 

‘I can’t believe anyone feels intimidated by that giant dork.’ I think to myself with a content grin before entering my class.

 

Tae’s POV

 

After school I take Momo with me to pick up ingredient

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter