Chapter 8

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

Friday morning passed by with nothing out of the usual happening. I cooked breakfast then ate while teasing Yongsun about random things, before she reacted way over the top and threw something at me. I picked Nayeon up from her house like usual and we made our way to school. Passing through the crowd gathered at the front of the school like normal. We went our separate ways for homeroom and I found myself once again chatting to Momo.

“Morning Tae.” She greets with a yawn as she opens her eyes, obviously tired.

“Morning Momo. What’s up? You look exhausted.” I say as I sit in my seat.

“Mmm I was up all night last night putting the final touches on the dance routine for the performance in a few weeks.” She says while trying to keep her eyes open.

“Ahh sounds like a long night. Why don’t you take a nap then? I can cover for you with the teacher and then I’ll wake you up when we have to go to our next class.” I say with a smile before handing her my jacket to use as a pillow, which she takes gratefully before resting on her desk and closing her eyes.

“Thanks Tae.” She says before dozing off. I just watch her peaceful sleeping face with a smile, until homeroom finishes and I wake her up so we can go to our next classes.

“Feeling any better?” I ask.

“Yeah although I could still do with some more sleep. Anyway I got to get to dance practice, see you in English.” She says with a wave before turning and running down the hallway leaving me smiling after her.

 

……….

 

Music class passes by smoothly Jihyo and I practice for our performance, and everything is going well, our voices match up really well together. Yongsun stands up in front of the class and everyone’s attention turns to her.

“So class I’ve decided that you will all be performing your duets in front of the school at the performance night in a few weeks. The dance team will also be performing so I want you to do well. Your grades for this assessment will depend on your performance.” She says before smiling at the class. Most of the class reacts by groaning at the thought of having to perform in front of the whole school. I look over and see Dahyun and Chaeyoung dancing around happily and Jihyo is grinning happily beside me. I personally am nervous as hell, but I can’t deny I am definitely excited. Class ends quickly and as Jihyo and I are leaving for our free lesson, Yongsun calls us back into the class. Chaeyoung and Dahyun are still in class as well.

“Alright so I had an idea that I wanted to share with the four of you.” Yongsun says.

“Sure Ms. Kim what is it?” Jihyo replies smiling at her.

“I was thinking maybe you would all be willing to put on an extra performance together, you are the most talented in the class, and I think the students would love to see you perform together. I’d be willing to give you extra credit if you agree.”

“I’m in.” Chaeyoung and Dahyun say simultaneously before looking at as. “What about you guys?”

Jihyo look at each other before shrugging. “Sure why not” I say with a grin.

“Great well I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with, you’re free to go now.” Yongsun replies before going back to her desk and continuing her work. The four of us leave the classroom together.

“So did you guys want to catch up tomorrow sometime to work on this?” I ask.

“Sure sounds good where do you want to meet?” Chaeyoung replies.

“How about we meet at Tae’s place, if that’s okay with you? Say 2pm tomorrow?” Jihyo asks raising her eyebrows.

“Sure why not I can text you guys my address later.” I say with a smile.

“Cool we are in.” Dahyun replies. “Now if you’ll excuse us, we have some mischief

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter