5 Years Later....

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV

 

I wake up to an empty bed, which has been a regular occurrence for the last few months, With Tae prepping for her first solo concert since debut. That’s right Tae has finally debuted, not that it really took long, her popularity was crazy even from her first release and she has been super busy especially the last month or so since the announcement of her concert. Of course, today even though I was hoping she would still be with me when I woke I knew she wouldn’t be considering tonight is finally the big night. Still is it wrong of me to want to wake up beside her today? I mean today after all is our 6th year anniversary, but no she isn’t here. Of course, there is a good morning message on my phone from her, which is something that she never forgets.

 

I drag myself out of bed and head into the kitchen to grab some food. I don’t even find the usual flowers on the bench like I usually do when she is away for my birthday or an anniversary, and I find myself thinking she must have forgotten. With a groan, I pull out my phone and dial the number of my best friend.

 

“Morning Momo.” Sana answers brightly as usual.

 

“Sana, she forgot our anniversary!!” I say ranting to her while Sana just chuckles on the other end.

 

“Okay first don’t you think maybe Tae is a bit stressed at the moment I mean give her a break come on. Second have you even seen her today? Third do you really think Tae would forget?” Sana answers being the voice of reason.

 

“I know she’s stressed but come on who the hell schedules a concert on the day of their 6th year anniversary.”

 

“Do you really think she had much of a choice? I mean come on you know the way it works, what the company says goes.”

 

“I know but still.”

“No buts Momo, you and I both know you have one of the most amazing girlfriend’s possible, at least wait until you see her later before you assume she’s forgotten.” Sana adds and I hear Tzuyu whine in the background.

 

“Yah Sana I thought I was the best girlfriend.” She whines and I chuckle lightly.

 

“Can you stop being a baby for a second you know I love you but I’m trying to talk some sense into Momo here.” Sana says sighing and I hear Tzuyu huff again in the background.

 

“Anyway, Momo I gotta get ready for work, but we’ll see you tonight, everyone is coming to watch.”

 

“Okay then I’ll see you later Sana. And thank you.”

 

“Don’t worry about it we all get a little crazy sometimes. You just gotta remember how much Tae loves you.” She says before hanging up.

 

With a sigh I quickly get ready to head to the concert venue.

 

…………………………………………………….

 

At the venue I am greeted by a surprised looking Chaeyoung.

 

“Hey Momo your early today.” She says as she looks around suspiciously.

 

“I couldn’t sleep.” I reply as I watch Chaeyoung.

 

“Oh yeah fair enough, well Tae is just inside practicing she should be out soon.”

 

“It’s okay I’ll just go find her.” I say before making my towards the stage, not noticing the worried look on Chaeyoung’s face as she fumbles to grab the phone out of her pocket.

 

Once I enter the stage area I am greeted by Tae sitting in the middle of the stage nursing her guitar looking at her phone almost relieve d as she looks up at me before smiling brightly. She puts down her guitar and jumps of the stage running towards me. When she reaches me she picks me up in her arms with a smile spinning me around before placing my feet back on the ground like she usually does. The stage crew watching us with a grin.

 

“Hey baby.” She says grinning.

 

“Hey.” I reply looking at her expectantly.

 

“How was your sleep?” She asks and I roll my eyes.

 

“I didn’t get much. Anyway, I’m going to practice with the others.”

 

“Okay then bye baby I love you.” She says as she shouts after me but I ignore it not in the mood.

 

Tae’s POV

 

I watch Momo walk of sulking with a chuckle as Chaeng walks up to stand beside me.

 

“Thanks for the heads-up Chaeng.” I say as she laughs.

 

“No problem Tae. She is gonna be blown away later.”

 

“I hope so, but until then I’m worried for my life.” I say as I scratch the back of my neck.

 

“Good luck Tae.” Chaeng says as she pats my shoulder with a look of sympathy before walking away.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………..

 

The rest of the day passes by reasonably smoothly, Momo giving me the cold shoulder, and me getting progressively more nervous as the hour’s tick by. Before I know it, there is only half an hour or so before the concert starts, and here I am sitting in my dressing room alone looking down at the small box in my hand scared out of my mind. I quickly stick the box back in my pocket as there is a knock on my door, and all my friends from school pop their heads in grinning. Followed by Yongsun and Wheein unnie.

 

At this stage, Momo is nowhere to be seen as she is preparing with the other dancers.

 

“How you going there Taetae?” Nayeon says as she smiles at me from her place beside Mina.

 

“Scared out of my mind.” I reply honestly.

 

“Don’t worry about it you’re gonna be amazing like always.” Jihyo speaks up.

 

“Please come on we all know that it’s not the concert I am freaking out about.” I say with a chuckle, and the others all grin.

 

“Do you have any idea how hard it was to keep it from Momo whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter