Chapter 14

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV

I was currently sitting in a hospital room with Tae’s sister and her girlfriend, everything was silent other than the strained breathing coming from the girl on the bed in front of me. She looked so different from the girl I had grown to know and care about, her face was sickly and pale and beads of sweat decorated her forehead. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she was mumbling in her sleep. It had been about a day since we had rushed her here in the back of her sister’s car, she had been losing blood rather quickly and was rushed into the operating theatre upon arrival. She has yet to wake up, and everyone in the room was stressed and worried. I saw her shift slightly in her sleep as a tear ran down her cheek.

“Hayoung, don’t…. Please.. Don’t leave” She mumbled before becoming quiet once again. Her face was scrunched up in pain, and she mumble again, I was barely able to make out a whisper. I grabbed her hand lightly and squeezed it at to try and comfort her.

“Shh… It’s okay Tae.” I say and she calms down slowly before her breathing becomes normal once again and I sigh in relief. A few minutes later the doctor comes in. Doctor Park Chorong, who is apparently also a close friend of Tae’s family. She walks over to the bed and checks a few things on the monitors by Tae’s bed letting out a sigh.

“She was always good at getting into trouble, I guess things haven’t changed since I last saw her.” She says with a small smile. Solar unnie looks up and sadly smiles in return.

“Well you know exactly what she is like Chorong.” Solar says with a smile while holding onto Wheein’s arm.

“Has she always been like this? I mean has she always been willing to risk herself for other people?” I ask looking over at the three older girls in the room. The three of them look at each other and chuckle slightly.

“Yeah Tae has always been one to protect the people she cares about with everything she’s got, but at the same time she won’t hesitate to help anyone regardless of whether she knows them or not. Especially when they are in trouble of some sort.” Solar says while looking over at her sister who is sleeping somewhat peacefully with her hand still in mine.

“Really, that doesn’t surprise me at all.” I say while I look at the girl who saved me in admiration. I can still picture her pushing through the group of men to stand in front of me without a moment of hesitation. I wipe the sweat off of her forehead with a wet cloth that Dr. Chorong had given me.

“Yeah I still remember this time when we were with our parents in Canada, they were trying to establish a business partnership with someone to open a new venture here in Korea. We were living in the States at the time and had flown over to meet the CEO; anyway Tae and I were in the café on the ground floor of the building waiting for our parents, when this young girl about the same age as Tae started crying near us. I looked up and saw some older man trying to drag her out of the café. Before I had time to react Tae who was only 10 at the time had run over to the man and kicked him right in the groin before she grabbed the girl and ran away with her. When I caught up Tae was hugging the girl trying to get her to calm down. It was then that our parents came over to us with the CEO of the company. We then found out that the girl was the CEO’s daughter, Wendy. He was impressed that Tae had looked out for his little girl but burst out laughing when he told us that the man from earlier was actually his assistant, who was just trying to get his daughter to go to her classes.” Solar says while laughing slightly.

“That sounds just like her.” I say with a smile.

“Yeah, Tae and Wendy are still friends to this day, although they haven’t spoken for a while. Our families moved here together when they opened the business up together, but our parents moved back to the States a few years ago.”

We all sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter