Chapter 28

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

I wake up in the morning to the feeling of someone breathing softly on my neck. I can’t help but smile seeing my beautiful girlfriend sleeping peacefully in my arms. Gently I brush a strand of hair away from her face and delicately her cheek as she sighs in her sleep and snuggles closer to me. I close my eyes again to get some more sleep.

Sometime later I’m awoken once again by the sound of my phone ringing. I roll over slightly to pick it up and groan when I see my sister’s name flash on my screen, before answering it to the sound of Yongsun screaming into my ear.

 

“KIM TAESUN WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?”

 

“Relax unnie I’m at home, why are you shouting so early in the morning.” I reply yawning.

 

“Early?! Tae it’s lunch time! The school just rang to see where you are.” She sighs exasperatedly.

 

“Oh , we slept in.” I say before gently shaking Momo awake next to me. “We had a long night, I’ll get ready now.”

 

“What do you mean you had a long night Tae? Just because I let your girlfriend stay with you while I am away doesn’t mean you should be taking advantage of that!” She says freaking out on the other side of the line. I can hear Wheein chuckling in the background.

 

“Yah unnie! I already said I wouldn’t, we aren’t like you and Wheein unnie.” I say with a smirk. “I was just up thinking.. We went and visited Youngie’s grave, I was exhausted which is why we slept in. Relax okay I’ll call you later, we have to go. Bye unnie.”

 

I sigh loudly running my hand through my hair as I sit on the edge of the bed. Just as I’m about to stand up I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I smile as Momo cuddles up to my back.

 

“Good morning Taetae.” She mumbles into my back with her husky morning voice.

 

“Hate to burst your bubble beautiful but it’s actually lunch time.” I chuckle as I turn around and kiss her softly. As we pull away she smiles at me happily.

 

“We should be at school.” She yawns.

 

“Mmm we should, but considering half the day is already gone what do you say to coming somewhere with me?” I ask with a grin.

 

“Are you asking me to skip school with you Taetae?” She says cheekily.

 

“Yes, yes I am. Come on it will be fun.” I reply with a devilish grin before grabbing some clothes for both of us and moving to get changed.

 

……………

 

I hold Momo’s hand in mine as we walk down the street. A few minutes later we arrive at Wheein’s café. We stay there for a while chatting happily and playing around while eating some lunch. Well I eat a bit and let Momo finish the rest while I chuckle at her appetite, and watch her, happily smiling like a love-struck fool. As we leave I quickly talk to the girl behind the counter, who gives me a bag of takeaway sweets. We walk further down the street before arriving outside a workshop. Momo looks at me with raised eyebrows as I grin at her.

 

“If this is your idea of a date Taetae you need to step up your game.” She says rolling her eyes at me as I just chuckle and pull her inside.

 

Inside we are greeted by one of the workers.

 

“Hey Tae, Moonbyul’s just out the back. Head straight through.” She says with a grin.

 

“Thanks Hani, I’ll head straight back.” I reply before continuing to drag Momo through the workshop, to the break area at the back. As we go in Moonbyul unnie greets me with a grin before putting me in a headlock and ruffling my hair playfully.

 

“Yah! Unnie! Have you ever heard of a shower, you’re covered in grease, let go of me.” I say laughing.

 

“Haha sorry kiddo, couldn’t help myself it’s been too long since I saw you last. How have you been? You look happy.” She replies smiling before letting me go. Before I get a chance to reply she notices Momo standing behind me smiling quietly while watching us. “And who might this pretty lady be?” She says with a charming smile moving towards Momo. I quickly smack her in the back of the head, before glaring at her.

 

“Back off unnie, save your greasy remarks for Hwasa.” I retort, “Anyway Moonbyul unnie this is my girlfriend Momo.” With a smile, I take her hand and pull her beside me.

 

“It’s nice to meet you Moonbyul-ssi.” Momo says as she steps forward with a bow.

 

“Just call me unnie Momo. Anyway how is it a beautiful girl like yourself is dating this idiot here.” Moonbyul replies with a teasing grin.

 

“Oh shut up. It’s not like you have a girlfriend unnie, if you just stepped up your game and asked Hwasa out already.” I say smirking, “You are supposed to be a girl crush.”

 

“Shut it kid.” She says with a glare while Momo just laughs at us amused by our interactions. “Aren’t you two a little early for dinner tonight though?”

 

“Well we slept in and missed school, so I figured I’d come pick up my bike a bit earlier so I could take my girl for a date.” I reply with a shrug of my shoulders.

 

“Ahh slept in aye. Must’ve had a late night?” She says with a smirk.

 

“Oh my god unnie, I swear to god you, Yongsun unnie and the other two are just a group of dirty old s.” I say with a glare while Momo blushes furiously beside me.

 

“Yah! You can call me a all you want because I can’t deny it, but how dare you call me old you little .” Moonbyul glares at me faking hurt.

 

“Anyway unnie Momo and I should get going I want to take her to the studio.” I say with a smile as Moonbyul leads us back into the workshop.

 

“You’re going to the studio? But you haven’t been there since Hayoung..”

 

“I know unnie but I’m ready to go back, besides I haven’t seen Jia and Fei for a while, I should probably go see them. Considering everything, they basically helped raise me, they are family and I’ve neglected them.” I say interrupting her, as we stop in front of my bike. I grin happily seeing it look even better than it did before Minho and his thugs messed with it. “Thanks unnie, oh by the way I got you your favourites from Wheein’s café since you won’t let me pay for the work you did for me.”

 

“Thanks kiddo but you really don’t need to worry about it, your family it’s the least I can do.” She says as she hands me the keys as well as a spare helmet for Momo. “Make sure you are back in time for dinner, I already booked that restaurant you wanted to go to, the booking is under your name.”

 

“Alright I’ll see you later unnie.” I say as I get on my motorbike and sigh happily revving the engine with a grin before gesturing for Momo to get on as well.

 

 Momo’s POV

 

I get on Tae’s motorbike behind her as she revs the engine with a giant grin on her face, clearly having missed her bike. I wrap my arms tightly around her waist feeling her abs under her tank top, and can’t help but feel like I’m safe whenever I am with her.

 

“Hold on tight beautiful.” She says with a grin as she puts her helmet on and sends a wink my way. I do as I’m told, gripping tightly onto her as we take off. I feel the adrenaline rush through my veins as the two of us ride through town, ducking and weaving through traffic. I could definitely grow to enjoy riding on the back of her bike with her.

 

After a while we pull up outside what looks to be a dance studio. Tae gets off first taking off her helmet and shaking her hair until it falls perfectly over her shoulders like something you would see in one of those shampoo commercials. She grins at me before offering me a hand and taking off my helmet for me.

 

“What are we doing here Tae, isn’t this one of the best dance schools in the city?” I ask curiously as I read the sign on the building in front of me.

 

“This is where Hayoung used to dance, her teachers are still here and I wanted to pay a visit since I haven’t seen them for a while. Besides I think you’ll like it in here, and I wanted to show you.” She says squeezing my hand and pulling me towards the doors.

 

As we walk inside we are greeted by a big group of dancers coming out of the class. Once they notice Tae their eyes go wide and they start whispering amongst themselves as they walk past us. Tae just smiles slightly at them as she pulls me further into the building and into one of the practice rooms. I look around the room in awe, everything in there is state of the art, but before I can really take it all in I hear someone yell from across the room.

 

“Kim Taesun is that you? God, I haven’t seen you for forever, when are you coming back to classes? We miss you kiddo.” The girl in front of us says as she engulfs Tae in a bear hug.

 

“Hey Jia unnie, I’m sorry I haven’t been back, I couldn’t bring myself to come without Hayoung, it just wouldn’t have been the same.” Tae replies scratching the back of her neck.

 

“It’s okay, I understand, we just missed you is all Tae, it’s not the same here without you and Hayoung’s antics.” The person named Jia replies with a sad chuckle. Another woman walks over with a grin, before hugging Tae as well.

 

“Hey Fei unnie.” Tae says grinning before pulling away.

 

“It’s good to see you back kiddo, you going to start back at class?” Fei repl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter