Chapter 5

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tae’s POV

I slowly drag myself out of bed when Yongsun comes in to wake me up for school. Needless to say last night I got virtually no sleep. Luckily Yongsun’s best friend Moonbyul was a mechanic and came to pick up my motorbike last night as well as offering to fix it for me. Of course it would be a while before it could be ridden again and I was in a foul mood because of this. After getting ready for school I head down to the kitchen to make breakfast. Yongsun and I sit at the table together to eat, both of us are unusually quiet because of the lack of sleep we both had.

“Hey Tae did you want a lift today, you know since…” She trailed when she saw my fist tighten around the fork in my hand.

“No thanks, anyway, I promised to pick up Nayeon this morning.” I reply.

“Oh really, she seems nice by the way, a bit quiet though. It is nice to see you making friends though.” She says smiling at me.

“Hmm yeah, we will see how long it lasts though. Once people find out why I left my last school, they won’t want anything to do with me.” I say with a sigh.

“I don’t know Tae, this school is a lot different to the private school you were at before, most of the people are more genuine and besides not everyone is perfect, everyone has their secrets.” She says while patting my back. “Thanks for breakfast Tae, I have to get going, see you later.” Yongsun grabs her stuff and walks out the door with a wave. I quickly wash the dishes before following her. I grab my keys off of the bench and look at the photo sitting there like I do every morning before walking out the door.

 

………

 

I arrive at Nayeon’s house, and quickly make my way to her door and ring the doorbell. The door opens a few moments later and I am greeted by the person I assume to be Nayeon’s mother. She looks so much like Nayeon as she smiles warmly at me.

“So you must be Tae. I’m Nayeon’s mum.” She says as she lets me in the house.

“Yes that’s me, it is nice to meet you. Mrs Im.” I say with a smile.

“Oh just call me Auntie if you’d like. Thankyou so much for helping Nayeon yesterday, I really appreciate it, she seemed so much happier last night. Anyway she’s just finishing getting ready, come on I will take you to her.” She says as she leads me up the stairs.

“I’m happy to help, no one deserves to be picked on like that. Besides she really helped me as well.” I say with a smile as I remember Nayeon comforting me last night when I told her about my sister. She just smiles back at me before knocking on the door at the top of the stairs.

“Nayeon, sweetie Tae is here.” She says as she opens the door. I notice Nayeon at her desk packing her bag.

“Hey Nayeon.” I say while smiling at her. “You ready to go?”

“Hey Tae sure am just let me grab my stuff.” I watch as she grabs her bag and then struggles to pick up a pile of books from her desk. I go and grab them to help her out.

“Alright have a good day girls.” Nayeon’s mum says as we walk out the door.

“See you later.” We both say in unison before getting in my car.

I yawn loudly as I get behind the wheel.

“Are you okay Tae you seem pretty tired?” Nayeon asks looking concerned.

“Yeah I’m okay I suppose, I didn’t get much sleep last night, there was a slight incident when I went to pick up my motorbike, so I didn’t get home until late.” I reply.

“Is everything okay?” She asks while looking at me.

“Well I’m okay, my bike on the other hand not so much.” I say before handing her my phone showing her the photo of my bike.

“Omg! Do you think it was Minho and his gang?”

“Well considering no one really knows me here I’m willing to bet that it was. I’m so going to kick his when I see him next.” I say before I turn on the music and keep driving.

We pull up at school not long after; I open the door for her and hear the whispers coming from the crowd that’s waiting for me already.

“Wow so this is why there is always a crowd at the school gates lately.” She says while chuckling slightly.

“Hmm what can I say my immense beauty can have that effect on people.” I say while laughing and rolling my eyes. “Come on I will take you to your class.”

“Someone’s full of themselves.” She lightly slaps me on my shoulder and we make our way through the crowd. I notice Momo looking at me from a table nearby and I smile at her and wave slightly. I watch as she quickly lowers her head and waves back shyly. ‘Huh cute’ I think to myself and keep walking.

 

Momo’s POV

Holy ! Did she just wave to me? She did she just waved at me. I quickly duck my head in the hopes that my friends don’t see me blushing, but I quickly realise it is too late.

“Momo you are so red right now!” Mina says while laughing at me.

“It’s not funny Mina!” I yell back as I start hitting her.

“Yah! You’re crazy stop that.” She yells in protest.

“Hey Momo, I found out where I recognised her from.” Sana says while looking over at me with an odd expression on her face. “I don’t think you’re going to like it though.” She passes her phone to me and I’m shocked when I see the article on the display.

‘Teen Taekwondo Star Jailed after beating her boyfriend leaving him in a critical state.’

I can’t believe what I’m reading as I continue.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter