Chapter 4

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

I made my way to the front of the school to meet Jihyo so we could work on our duet assessment. I plugged my headphones in and leant against the gate while waiting for her. It wasn’t long before I found myself getting lost in the music and drifting off.

I was soon woken up by Jihyo shaking my shoulders violently.

“Tae! Hey Tae wake up!” She yelled as I opened my eyes.

“Ahh sorry, how long was I out?” I asked while yawning as I put my headphones around my neck.

“Probably not that long. Sorry I’m a bit late.” She apologized while laughing at me.

“All good I barely noticed anyway.” I said with a chuckle.

“I can’t believe you fell asleep standing up.”

“What can I say I’m an exceptionally talented person.” I say while laughing “But honestly though I can sleep just about anywhere if I’m tired.”

“That’s is priceless.” She chuckles.

“Well I’m glad to be able to entertain you. Anyway where do you want to do this? We could go to my place if you’d like. I’ve got a practice room at home that might be better than a café. It’s up to you.” I ask while scratching my head.

“Seriously that sounds awesome. We should definitely go there if that is okay? Is it far?” She says as her face lights up with curiosity.

“Sure it’s not far from here actually, we can walk there. Come on lets go.” I say as I start walking.

“Didn’t you bring your motorbike to school though? I saw you pull up as I was trying to make my way through your crowd of admirers.” She said as she laughed while walking alongside me.

“Huh yeah sure did, but that’s alright I will come and get it later.” I reply.

“Have you always had so many fans?” She asked while I kicked a rock at my feet.

“I guess I’ve always been pretty popular, maybe even more so at my old school. The thing about popularity though is that you always have people wanting to be around you as long as they benefit from it, but when things go bad no one is willing to support you. None of the people that I considered friends speak to me anymore, so I guess that shows what popularity got me.” I say as I stuff my hands in my jean pockets.

“Well Tae if you’d let me, I would be more than happy to be your friend, and not the fake kind.” She said as she smiled at me.

“Thanks Jihyo I’d like that, although I doubt you will want to be around me once you learn why I had to leave my last school.” I sigh and continue walking.

“We will see about that.” She replies before patting me lightly on the back.

We keep walking in silence for a minute before I notice a group of people running towards us frantically. As they get closer I recognise Nayeon and the same group of guys from earlier chasing her. I run over to her without a second thought leaving Jihyo standing there. As I reach her I quickly get in front of her and face the panting guys in front of me with a scowl.

“What the hell do you idiots think you’re doing?” I ask glaring at them. While they look at me slightly scared.

“Umm.. uhh.. we were just.. umm.” One of them mutters while looking at his feet.

“Well go on then spit it out.” I yell. They all just continue to mumble under their breaths. “What did I tell you guys, because I am pretty sure I told you to stay the hell away from Nayeon, didn’t I?” I say as I walk towards them. Before they have time to react I put the one that seems to be the leader of the group in a wristlock making him squirm and squeal like a little girl. The other two take a step back. I hold him in the lock for a bit longer before throwing him to the ground.

“Now get the hell out of here before I seriously lose my temper.” They turn around and scamper away, one of them falling over and scrambling to get back up.

“Pfft.. Idiots.” I say before turning back to see Nayeon standing next to Jihyo, still panting from running. “ Hey Nayeon, why don’t you come back to my place with us? You don’t mind do you Jihyo?”

“Nah, you should definitely come it will be fun come on.” Jihyo says while smiling at Nayeon beside her who just nods shyly.

“Then I can drop you both home later, so you don’t run into those three again.” I say as we continue walking to my house.

“You have a car?” Jihyo asks sounding surprised.

“Yeah I don’t really drive it much, I prefer my motorbike, but then again I don’t usually have anyone to drive around.” I reply. “Anyway we are nearly there.” I say as we turn the final corner to my place.

 

……..

 

As we reach my house I walk up to the door and turn around to see Jihyo and Nayeon standing there looking shocked.

“This is your house?” Jihyo says with hanging open.

“Hmm yeah my parents bought it for me and my sister when they moved to the States for work. I always thought it was too big for the two of us, but it meant I had room to practice my taekwondo, and my younger sister could practice dancing so we got used to it. Anyway come in.” I say as I open the door and walk in. They follow behind me, Nayeon is still very quiet as she looks around the hallway, whereas Jihyo is talking a mile a minute and I can really make out anything she is saying. We make o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter