Chapter 6

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tae’s POV

The rest of the day progresses rather smoothly, and it’s not long before classes finish for the day. I learn that Nayeon and I both have a lot of classes together which is definitely a relief. We also discover that the both of us have a lot in common when it comes to academics, with both of us loving all the sciences, as well as excelling in them. It feels good to get to know each other better. Anyway as we are leaving school, someone I don’t recognize approaches us. The girl is about the same height as me with her hair cut short, she walks with such confidence that most people would probably consider her intimidating.

“Hey Taesun right?” She asks stopping directly in front of us.

“Yeah that’s me, what can I do for you?” I ask in reply.

“Wow I can’t believe I’m actually talking to the Kim Taesun, the youngest person to be accepted into the national taekwondo team. I’m a huge fan.” She says while grinning, and bowing slightly. She is talking a mile a minute leaving me unable to hear the rest of her ramblings.

“Right it’s nice to meet you. Ah sorry what’s your name?” I interrupt while Nayeon stands next to me looking slightly confused.

“Ahh crap, sorry, I’m Yoo Jungyeon captain of the school taekwondo team. It’s really an honour to meet you.” She replies while bowing again. “Actually I was hoping I could talk you into something.”

“Before you ask, you do know I’m not allowed to compete anymore right?” I say raising my eyebrow slightly.

“Yeah I know I guess I was just wondering if you would be willing to give the team a few tips. You see we have a big competition coming up and it would really help us out. I know it’s a lot to ask, and you don’t have to say yes, just think about it please.” She asks before bowing once again.

“Hey you don’t need to be so formal, stop that. I would be happy to help, I might be a bit rusty though it has been a while.” I say while chuckling.

“Wait really? You will seriously help? And I know you aren’t rusty I saw that perfect triple aero kick yesterday.” She says her eyes going wide. I hear Nayeon laughing beside me.

“I said I would didn’t I. When is your next training?” I ask.

“We train Monday and Thursday nights and occasionally at lunches.” She replies.

“Well then maybe I could come help out Monday nights. Does that sound okay?”

“OMG YES! Thankyou so much! “She yells “I’ll see you then, bye!” and just like that the girl runs off leaving Nayeon and I standing there speechless.

“Well she was definitely full of energy.” I say while laughing.

“Yeah she’s known for that.” Nayeon replies.

“Come on let’s go.” I say as we get into my car.

 

……………

 

I take Nayeon to Wheein’s coffee shop, so that I can talk to her about everything.

“Hey Wheein unnie.” I say cheerfully as I walk through the door.

“Well if it isn’t my favourite little sis!” She says as she runs out from behind the counter before grabbing me in a bone-crushing hug.

“Speaking of people with too much energy.” I say while rolling my eyes and returning the hug. Nayeon just chuckles while watching us.

“Hey unnie.” She says with a smile.

“Hey Nayeon it’s good to see you again. Although I must admit I am surprised, I didn’t think miss tall, dark and grumpy over here had any friends.” She says while laughing and hiding behind Nayeon while I shoot her my signature death glare.

“Rude. Anyway we are just going to sit in the back if that’s okay.” I say while Wheein makes her way back behind the counter.

“Sure thing Tae I’ll grab you some drinks, I assume you’ll just have the us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter