Chapter 22

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

 

Chaeyoung, Jihyo, Dahyun and I are currently sitting backstage waiting for the performance night to begin and it is safe to say that at this stage I am beyond nervous. It’s been such a long time since I have actually performed in front of this many people. I know that once I am on stage that the nerves will be replaced with a rush of adrenaline that I only feel when performing, but in the meantime, I’m just doing my best to stay calm. I see Momo going over her steps with Mina and it brings a smile to my face.

 

I hear some screams when Yongsun unnie comes rushing over to me with a grin.

 

“Hey Tae, you have some visitors.” She says.

 

Jihyo, Chaeyoung and Dahyun’s jaws just about hit the floor simultaneously and I turn around to see the Red Velvet girls standing there beside Nayeon, before Wendy and Yeri engulf me in a huge hug.

 

“Tae unnie!”

 

“Hey Taetae.”

 

“Hey girls, thanks so much for coming.” I reply smiling ear to ear.

 

“We’ve been looking forward to it since you invited us. So how you feeling?” Irene unnie says with a smile.

 

“Honestly I’m crazy nervous.” I say sheepishly. “Anyway, this is Jihyo, Chaeyoung and Dahyun. They are performing with me.” I point out the three girls behind me who are still standing behind me star struck and that take turns to introduce themselves with a bow.

 

“Taetae you didn’t tell us you knew Red Velvet.” Chaeyoung says as she lightly elbows me in the side.

 

“Yeah well, I grew up with Wendy here, we’ve been friends for a quite a while.” I say with a huge smile.

 

“Yeah exactly, I’ve been putting up with this idiot since we were about 10 right Tae.” Wendy replies.

“Yeah that sounds about right.” I answer.

 

Momo and the other girls then come and join us. Momo says a quick hello to the Red Velvet members as the other girls introduce themselves. While the girls all get to know each other, Momo comes and stands next to me and takes my hand before whispering to me.

 

“You okay? You seem nervous?” She asks

 

“I am incredibly nervous. I need to do well tonight.” I say with a small smile.

 

“Any particular reasons?”

 

“Well for starters the original singers of the song I’m performing are here, so there is that, but I also have someone I really want to impress tonight.” I reply.

 

“And who might that be?” Momo asks quickly while looking over at me.

 

“You’ll find out later.” I say with a grin, “Anyway are you ready for later tonight?”

 

“Yeah, I am, but where are you taking me?” She replies.

 

“I already told you it is a surprise. So, you will just have to wait and see.”

 

“Hey you two lovebirds are you even paying attention?” Mina says with a smirk. “The show is about to start we have to go get ready Momo.”

 

“Okay then, I’ll see you later Taetae.” Momo replies with a blush evident on her face.

 

“Yeah good luck Moguri.” I reply as she walks off before I turn around to see Nayeon and the Red Velvet girls smirking at me knowingly.

 

“Alright Taetae we have to go to our seats. We will see you afterwards, good luck.” Joy says with a grin.

 

“Nayeon has saved you guys a seat up the front with her and Yongsun unnie. I’ll see you all later.” I say with a smile as they head off.

 

“Yah!! Taetae why didn’t you warn me that Red Velvet would be here, now I’m even more nervous to perform their song.” Jihyo yells as she smacks my shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry I forgot. Besides if we just perform it like we practiced it’ll be fine.” I say with a nervous smile trying to convince myself as well.

 

We all make our way over to watch the beginning of the show. A couple of students perform with their instruments before it’s time for the dance club to perform. I look over and see Momo and the girls make their way onto the stage and I quickly give Momo a thumbs up and an encouraging smile when she glances over at me. I hear the cheers from the crowd as the girls make their way out onto the stage. It’s not long before the music starts, playing ‘Can’t Stop Dancing’ by Becky G.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnJcO03wJf4

 

As the song progresses I find my eyes completely glued to Momo. She is so talented, her charisma on stage is really something else, her movements are so smooth, and effortlessly y. A complete 180 from the cute, sweet girl she is when she isn’t dancing. The other girls are all incredible dancers as well but for me my eyes are drawn to Momo. It’s not long before the first song finishes and the next starts playing, ‘Focus’ by Ariana Grande, and just as the song suggests I find myself completely focused on Momo.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOsuvnAtkKs

 

Once the song finishes pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter