Chapter 34

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

The next morning I pick up Momo before school and the two of us head to school, chatting along the way.

 

“So what sort of food should I cook on Friday night? Does your mum have a favourite?” I ask as I drive, one hand on the steering wheel the other holding Momo’s hand in her lap.

 

“You don’t have to try too hard to impress her you know, she already loves you.” Momo replies gently my hand with her thumb.

 

“Mmm but still what should I cook, I want to cook something she will like.”

 

“Just cook some Japanese food, if you can do that she will be impressed, besides I haven’t had home cooked food like that in quite a while.”

 

“Sure that I can definitely do.” I reply with a grin as we pull up at school.

 

Our friends are all waiting for us at the gates and we all walk to class together.

 

…………………………………………

 

At lunch Momo and I spend some time practicing our couple dance for Wednesday night’s class with Jia and Fei, it’s coming along well and we decide to use two different songs and use a different choreography for each one. As we finish dancing for a while and lie down next to each other on the cold practice room floor, we smile gently at each other, happy with what we have come up with. Momo rests her head on my chest and we just relax like that together in silence, enjoying each other’s company. After a while we hear the door open and Mina comes in with a smug grin.

 

“Hey lovebirds, I thought you were practicing not lazing around.” She says as she plops herself on the floor next to us.

 

I chuckle lightly at her. “We were but we are finished so we just relaxing, enjoying some peace and quiet.” I reply and Momo nods gently.

 

“We both have some free time before our next lesson anyway. Where’s Nayeon?” Momo asks.

“Fair enough. Nayeon had a lesson to get to so she has already left, you know her, top student and whatnot.” Mina answers with a gentle smile.

 

“You look happy.” I say as I sit up to face her.

 

“I am. Thank you by the way, I probably would still be watching her from afar, if you hadn’t come into the equation.”

 

“I didn’t really do much, besides I am just happy to see you both happy. You better not hurt her though, because I won’t hesitate to kick your .” I add with a cheeky grin.

 

“I wouldn’t be game enough to, you scare me when you are mad.” She says.

 

“I scare a lot of people when I’m mad.” I say under my breath, and Momo squeezes my hand gently. I smile slightly. “Are you free tonight? I was thinking all of us could hang out at Wheein unnie’s café after school.”

 

“Sure sounds good to me. Sana and Tzuyu are free as well, I’ll talk to them.” Mina says with a gummy smile before getting up and heading out, leaving me and Momo on our own again.

 

I her hair gently as she lies in my lap smiling up at me. I can’t help but feel that for once in my life everything is looking up for me. My parents may be threatening to screw things up and Junseo may be out of jail, but right now as I look at the beautiful girl smiling up at me, I’ve never felt so content with my life.

 

……………………………….

 

In music class we start going over the plans for the end of year performance. Yongsun unnie announces the plans for Jihyo, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and I to perform as a group again since it was so well received the first time. Once class finishes Yongsun pulls me and Chaeng aside to speak to us.

 

“So as you may already know there is someone coming from SM entertainment to watch Tae perform, but I have also received word that a scout from JYP intends to come as well. This means that you both have a chance to impress, and possibly get signed so you can follow your dreams.” She says with a smile.

 

“So what’s the plan teach? How do we impress them?” Chaeng asks with a grin.

 

“I was thinking you could both do a solo performance to really showcase your talents, and then the two of you could do a performance together. What you chose to perform is of course completely up to you so let me know when you have any ideas.”

 

With that Chaeyoung and I leave with huge grins as we make our way to the front of the school.

 

“You know what we should do?” Chaeyoung says with the grin still plastered on her face.

 

“Hmm no what did you have in mind?”

 

“We should totally cover a BlackPink song, that way we can both showcase our rap and vocal abilities. We could do an acoustic cover, you could play guitar, you know since we will already be showing our dancing abilities in the group performance.”

 

“That sounds perfect. We could cover whistle, I absolutely love that song, I can already play it on guitar.” I add with an excited grin. “Any ideas for your solo?”

 

“Hmm not yet, I’ll figure something out. What about you?”  

 

“I have a few ideas, I was going to see if Momo and the other dancers wanted to help me with it. I thought it could be cool.” I say as I scratch the back of my neck.

 

“Well I can’t wait to see it, the two of us have to get signed, then we can be trainee buddies.” She adds with a grin. “Anyways I gotta go Dubu is waiting for me, catch ya later.”

 

“See ya later.” I reply as she runs off to meet Dahyun.

 

I meet Momo and the other girls near the gate and we all head to the café.

 

Momo’s POV

 

After school the six of us head straight to Wheein unnie’s café, all the other girls congratulate her on her engagement and we all sit down in one of the booths while we wait for our food to be brought out. Tae is telling us about her plans for her solo at the end of year performance night.

 

“So I was wondering if you girls wanted to come on stage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter