Chapter 38

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

With each day that passed a lot of important days and events loomed closer and closer to me. The performance night, Momo and I’s 6 month anniversary, and Yongsun and Wheein’s wedding. The closer it got to the performance night the more nervous I got. The closer it got to our anniversary the more excited I got and the closer it got to the wedding the crazier Yongsun unnie got. It seemed crazy to me how quickly the time has passed since I first started at this school and met everyone who I now see as huge parts of my life.

In the process of preparing for the performance night both me and Chaeyoung have grown close, we have been practicing like crazy trying to perfect every little thing in time.

When I woke up this morning I headed down to the kitchen to eat with Yongsun and Wheein unnie.

 

“Morning Unnie’s” I say as I make my way into the kitchen.

 

“Hey Taetae how did you sleep?” Yongsun asks.

 

“Mmm not too bad.” I reply as I make myself a coffee before sitting down at the table facing the two of them. “Hey unnie I’ve been thinking about this for a while, but what do you think of me moving out once the two of you are married?”

 

“What?” Yongsun replies looking at me in disbelief. While Wheein just stares with her jaw dropped in surprise.

 

“I mean, I was thinking of getting my own place for a while, and I’m ready to really move forward with my life, I want to be independent once I finish school. Besides you are getting married, and I don’t want to intrude on you.” I say explaining.

 

“Will you be okay on your own though?” Wheein asks curiously.

 

“Umm, I was actually thinking of asking Momo to move in with me. I know it is really early in our relationship, but I can’t see myself with anyone else. I was kinda thinking of getting a place a bit closer to the dance studio and SM entertainment. That way if I get in at SM I won’t have too far to travel, and also since Jia and Fei are going to offer Momo a job I thought it would be perfect.”

 

“If that is what you want Tae, you know I will be with you every step of the way. I’m proud of you. We could even look at a few places this weekend if you’d like.” Yongsun says with a smile and I walk around and hug her.

 

“Thanks unnie.” I reply as Wheein jumps in on the hug.

 

………………………………………………………

 

At school, I spend the morning practicing with Jihyo, Dahyun and Chaeyoung. The four of us have really got the routine down, and we are all beyond excited to show everyone what we can do yet again. We have organised our outfits and everything is ready for next weeks performance. After practice I meet up with Nayeon and the two of us head towards our usual table for our lunch break.

 

“So how did Yongsun and Wheein take the idea of you moving out?” She asks while walking alongside me.

 

“Hmm pretty well actually, the 3 of us are going to look at a few places this weekend.”

 

“That’s awesome Tae, it’s a massive step for you.”

 

“Yeah I can’t wait. It really symbolises me moving forward with my life. I just hope Momo will be happy when I ask her.” I say scratching the back of my neck nervous at the thought.

 

“Are you kidding me Tae? Do you even realise how much she loves you? Of course, she will be all for it.” Nayeon replies with a grin resting her hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

 

I smile happily as I see our table with Momo already sitting there waving at me as she spots me across the yard, I wave back with a smile.

 

“Come to think of it, I haven’t even thought of a gift for our anniversary. What should I get her?” I say as we slowly make our way to our table.

 

“Yeah because a key to your new apartment isn’t enough.” Nayeon sarcastically says. “You know she will love whatever you get her. But if you really don’t know we could go look for something together.”

 

“That would be great Nabongs. What would I do without a friend like you?” I say wrapping my arm teasingly around her while she scowls at me before elbowing my ribs and speeding up as she walks to the table. I laugh as I follow behind her grinning.

 

At the table I slide my way into the seat beside Momo with a smile, leaning in to give her a gentle peck on the lips.

 

“Hey babe.”

 

“Hey Taetae.” She answers as I wrap an arm around her waist. “What were you and Nayeon talking about?” She asks curiously.

 

“Hmm I can’t tell you it’s a secret.” I reply teasing her. I chuckle lightly as she pouts at me cutely. “It’s a surprise baby, I can’t tell you just yet.” I add with a grin.

 

“Okay then.” She says still sulking slightly.

 

A few moments later I get a phone call and I frown as I look at the caller ID.

 

With a huff I get up from the table and answer it.

 

“What do you want.” I say snapping. I watch Momo’s eyebrows furrow as she watches me out of the corner of her eyes.

 

“How dare you greet your own mother like that Kim Taesun.” The voice on the other end answers coldly.

 

“What kind of a mother doesn’t come to her own daughter’s funeral.” I spit back angry.

 

“I was busy with the company. Anyway, that isn’t important now. What is important is that I am back in town for a few days and there is someone I’d like you to meet.”

 

“I have no intention of meeting anyone you plan on setting me up with mother.”

 

“You’ll like this one Taesun, he is handsome, smart and filthy rich.”

 

“I don’t care if he is God himself, I’m not interested.”

 

“You will do what I ask you to Taesun I am your mother! Regardless we will talk of this more after you finish school.”

 

“I have dance practice after school, if you want to speak to me, you can meet me at the studio, otherwise I have no intention of seeing you at all. Goodbye.” I say hanging up the phone call abruptly cutting off my mother before she gets a chance to answer me.

 

As I sit back down I quickly wrap my arms around Momo and bury my face in her neck with a sigh. I feel her arms wrap around me as she comfortingly my back.

 

“Is everything okay Taetae?” She asks a hint of worry in her voice.

 

“My mother’s in town.” I say as I look into her eyes. “I hope you are prepared for the possibility of meeting the devil incarnate.”

 

“Everything will be fine Tae, you’ve been planning for the day she returns for months now. I know you can pull off everything.” She says kissing my head gently and smiling lightly at me.

 

“If you meet her promise me you won’t listen to a word she says.” I look into her eyes seriously. “There is nothing she could do to make me give you up, and I need you to know that no matter what she says, I will always be with you.”

 

“I trust you, and I love you Tae, it’ll be fine.” She adds with a grin.

 

“Jeez Tae you speak like your mum is some kind of demon.” Tzuyu says laughing at us trying to ease the atmosphere.

 

“She basically is. Never once has she seen any of us as daughters, but more like pawns in her own little game.” A new voice says as I turn to see Yongsun unnie looking at me worried. “Sorry to listen in but is she really in town?”

 

“She just called me then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter