Chapter 31

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV

 

I awoke to find myself alone in bed with Tae nowhere in sight. I sit up with a yawn resting my head on the headboard of the bed rubbing my eyes tiredly. Thinking I hear some movement downstairs I make my way down to the kitchen where I am greeted by the sight of Tae with her headphones on dancing around the kitchen singing ‘Dancing on the Moon’ by Jessica while cooking pancakes with a smile. I giggle slightly at her but she doesn’t notice me and just keeps singing, sneaking up behind her I wrap my arms around her waist and rest my head on her shoulder. I feel her relax into my arms with a sigh before turning around with a pout, looking like the big kid she is.

 

“What’s wrong?” I ask as I cling onto her arms.

 

“You aren’t supposed to be awake yet, I wanted to surprise you with breakfast in bed.” She replies still pouting adorably. I chuckle at her childishness.

 

“Thanks baby, any particular reason?” I ask slightly confused, I watch as her eyes light up in surprise before looking at me confused. “What?”

 

“Seriously babe? You don’t know?” She asks. When I shake my head she chuckles lightly before pulling me closer and kissing me lightly on the lips before pulling away with a soft smile. “Happy Birthday Moguri.”

 

She chuckles at me as I realise that she’s right, I’ve actually forgotten my own birthday. I snuggle into her arms content.

 

“Sorry your mom and sister aren’t here babe, but on the bright side you have me.” She says pulling away with a grin and going to finish serving the pancakes for me. “So after school I actually have a surprise for you.”

 

“Thank you Taetae, mom and Hana will actually be back tomorrow so it’s okay I don’t mind, plus I can’t wait to spend the day with you.” I reply smiling at her as she places the pancakes in front of me and my mouth waters as she sits beside me.

 

“Oh before I forget, here you go.” She says handing me over a small wrapped box. “Happy Birthday Moguri, I love you beautiful.”

 

I smile at her gently and she gestures for me to open it with a grin. As I unwrap the present I see a small box, inside is a beautiful silver necklace, a heart with the infinity symbol wrapped through it. “It’s beautiful Taetae, thank you.” I say with a smile.

Tae gets up and stands behind me lifting my hair out of the way to put the necklace on for me. Once the necklace is on she leans down and whispers in my ear. “Because the hold you have on my heart is infinite.” She says with a chuckle. “Oh god that was cheesy, even for me.” She shakes her head laughing with a huge grin on her face before wrapping her arms around me from behind resting her head on my shoulder. “But it’s true.” She whispers into my ear again.

 

“You are too cheesy Taetae.” I reply with a smile.

 

“Lucky you love me huh?”

 

“Yeah lucky.” I say before turning around and kissing her gently, to which of course she responds quickly, but just as the kiss starts to heat up she pulls away chuckling lightly.

 

“As much as I’d love to stay here all day kissing you, we have to get ready for school.” She says scratching the back of her neck with the cheeky smile that I love the most. The two of us head up and get changed, and as we are leaving I feel Tae put something around my shoulders. When I look to see what it is, I see her favourite jacket on my shoulders. She wraps it around me with a smile. “It’s getting pretty cold outside baby, you should make sure you bring a jacket.” She says as she grabs her bomber jacket off the couch and throws it on as we head into the garage.

 

 I look at her questioningly as she hands me a helmet and signals to her motorbike with a smile.

 

“Nayeon is getting a lift with Mina today so it’s just you and me.” She answers my unasked question with a grin, and the two of us head to school on the back of her motorbike.

 

Tae’s POV

 

We pull up at school and I help Momo off the motorbike before pulling her helmet off and giving her a peck on her forehead, offering my hand to her with a grin. She takes it and the two of us walk hand in hand into the school to our table where Sana and Tzuyu are waiting. As we sit down the two greet us and Tzuyu eyes Momo’s necklace before shooting me a thumbs up. Nayeon and Mina follow not long after, both smiling happily while chatting to each other, Tzuyu and I watch them with cheeky smirks before looking at each other with a grin. As Nayeon sits down she smiles at me and asks if we could talk for a while. The bell goes off signalling class start, I quickly tell Momo I’ll meet her in home group and walk off with Nayeon.

 

“What’s up Nabongs?” I ask curiously. She just hugs me in reply and I smile gently at her hugging her back. I see Momo looking back at us curiously and send her a reassuring smile, letting her know everything is fine and she nods before walking off with the others. “Are you okay?”

 

“Thank you Taetae.” Nayeon says in response. I raise my eyebrows at her curiously when she pulls away at looks at me.

 

“What for? I haven’t done anything.” I say as we keep walking.

 

“For everything. That letter made me realise how much you mean to me. Ever since you came, my life has done a complete 180 degree turn. I’m no longer the loner I was, I feel like I actually belong somewhere. Thanks for bringing me out of my shell.” She says with a smile.

 

“Don’t worry about it Nabongs, besides we helped each other, if it wasn’t for you I’d still be that weird, yet extremely attractive new girl.” I answer with a smirk and Nayeon rolls her eyes, before my expression turns serious. “Everyone watched me from afar and talked about me but no one bothered to get to know me, they were scared of me. But because of you I feel like I have a place here. You are like a sister to me, and you should know I’d do anything for the people I care about.”

 

“Yeah I suppose, you have changed a fair bit.” Nayeon says before her expression turns to a teasing smirk. “Now you are more of a coc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter