Chapter 7

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tae’s POV

I woke up earlier than usual today, and made my way downstairs to make breakfast. I find Yongsun and Wheein giggling like schoolgirls on the couch.

“Morning guys, I guess I am making extra for breakfast?” I say while smiling at them. Yongsun looks at me as if I am a ghost or something.

“Hang on a second you are actually out of bed? I didn’t have to wake you. WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY SISTER?” Yongsun yells at me from the couch, still staring at me funny, while Wheein just continues laughing beside her.

“It’s not that weird is it? Anyway I’m guessing Wheein stayed here last night, so did you guys want breakfast or not?”

“Sure thanks.” Wheein says as her and Yongsun look at each other sheepishly, both red in the cheeks.

“Judging by that look something happened between you two last night, but don’t worry I didn’t hear anything if that’s what you’re wondering. I slept like a log.” I say with a smirk.

“YAH! KIM TAESUN!” Yongsun screams as she gets up and chases me around the house throwing stuff at me, her face is red and her screams are so high pitched she sounds like a dolphin. I give up and she corners me slapping my arms repetitively while I do my best not to laugh.

“Yah! Unnie you’re such a kid!” I say while fending off her attacks.

“Shut it Tae.” She says still hitting me.

“Come on stop, let me go so I can make you and your blushing girlfriend breakfast.” I say with a grin before escaping from her and going to the kitchen. She has so much energy in the morning and I just don’t get it. I finish breakfast and the three of us sit down to eat together.

“Hey Tae I’ve been meaning to ask, what were you and Nayeon talking about yesterday? You seemed pretty upset.” Wheein asks while stuffing her face with food.

“Oh well I told her everything.” I say as I look at the table.

“Like everything as in, about Hayoung?” Yongsun asks.

“Yeah and I feel like a huge weight is off my shoulders, talking about it with someone made me feel so much better.” I smile slightly as I look up at my sister who is smiling at me from across the table.

“I’m happy that you are opening up Tae, even if it means you are back to constantly teasing me.” She says with a grin.

“What can I say unnie, your reactions make you fun to pick on.” I say with a wink. Wheein laughs at me, and Yongsun just shakes her head. “What it’s true!” I say while laughing.

We all finish breakfast while laughing and making jokes. It’s pleasant and I feel at ease for the first time in a long time.

 

…………

 

I pull up outside Nayeon’s place, and head to the door. Nayeon opens it before I reach it.

“Morning Tae, how are you today?” She says with a grin.

“Better than I’ve been in ages actually, thanks.” I reply before helping her with her books. “Let’s go.”

“Hey Nayeon, I have actually been meaning to ask you something since yesterday.” I say as I start driving towards school.

“Oh yeah, what is it?” She asks looking genuinely curious.

“What’s the deal with you and Mina?” I say with a smirk as I lightly punch her shoulder.

“Umm.. Nothing…. Why?” She answers while looking at her hands in her lap. Her face has gone bright red.

“Ha cute, but I don’t buy it. You are definitely into her. I saw how you acted around her yesterday. It was all stuttering and blushes.” I say with a chuckle.

“So what if I do, it’s not like she would ever feel the same way. She’s one of the most popular girls in school, and I’m, well me.” She replies with a sigh.

“Well Nayeon I hate to break it to you, but ‘you’ are pretty damn amazing in my opinion, she’d be lucky to have you. Plus she was acting just as shy as you were yesterday, you may not have seen it because you were too busy looking at your feet but I definitely did. Have you ever tried just talking to her?” I say while grinning like an idiot.

“Well no not really. Was she really acting that way? Do you really think she could like me?” She says while looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

“You my friend, are gorgeous and too cute for your own good, how could she not.” I answer trying to convince her.

“Thanks Tae. What about you and Momo?” She asks and raises her eyebrow while grinning and showing her bunny teeth.

“Hmm, well I don’t really know her that well, but it would be an outright lie if I said I wasn’t interested. She’s cute in person, but I saw her dancing my first day here and she was a whole different person. I was mesmerised.” I say while smiling shyly.

“Yeah she definitely is different when she performs.” Nayeon says while nodding.

“But anyway I am pretty sure I scared her yesterday, with the whole wanting to kill Minho thing. You should’ve seen her face, she was definitely scared, and unfortunately it’s an expression I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter