Chapter 39

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

It was finally the day of the performance night, and all of our group of friends were gathered in the school auditorium preparing the stage for tonight. The groups took turn rehearsing for their performances. Although Jihyo, Dahyun, Chaeng and I had decided to practice our group performance away from everyone in an effort to keep our performance a complete surprise. The four of us had managed to sneak away from the group to rehearse in the practice room. Things were going really well and we decided to take a break, talking excitedly about the performance tonight. Eventually Jihyo and Dahyun leave to go back and help the others leaving me and Chaeng sitting on the floor leaning back against the mirrors.

 

“Hey Tae?” Chaeng starts without looking at me.

 

“Hmm what’s up?” I reply curiously.

Chaeyoung sighs, “Have you ever thought about what you are going to do if you don’t get into a company?” She says sounding nervous. I look over at her with a smile.

 

“Well I will just keep working my off until they realise what they are missing.” I reply confidently.

 

“You are lucky you are so confident in yourself, I wish I had your confidence.” She sighs as she leans her head back into the mirror with her eyes closed. I gently rest my hand on her shoulder giving it a small squeeze.

 

“When I first started at this school I wasn’t. I’m sure you still remember my first day, right? I was freaking out just at the thought of performing in front of our small class.” I say with a chuckle remembering it. “I guess over the last 8 or so months I realised, that no matter what I would never let fear hold me back from following my dreams and doing the things I really love. You all helped me realise that. So now I know that no matter what happens tonight, I won’t give up on my dream no matter what, because music and performing makes me truly happy.”

 

“You’re right it’s my dream I shouldn’t give up.” Chaeng replies with a small but determined smile.

 

“That’s the spirit Chaeng!” I reply with a grin before nudging her shoulder with mine, “Besides you belong on stage, your performances tonight will blow everyone away I’ve seen what you can do, for crying out loud you wrote your own rap! Any company would be stupid to turn you down, and I am confident that at the end of tonight you and I will both be given the opportunity to truly follow our dreams. Heck I can already see us 5 years from now sharing a stage again. So what do you say let’s get out there tonight and give a hell of a performance, deal?”

 

With that I get up holding out my hand for Chaeyoung with a grin on my face. She takes my hand with a smile and I pull her up off the ground.

 

“Deal!”

 

And with that the two of us make our way back to the auditorium.

 

………………………………………………..

 

In the auditorium, the dance team is currently on stage practicing their performance. Momo is as usual commanding the stage, but most importantly commanding my full attention. I see her smirking when she notices my unwavering gaze, completely taken by her presence. I continue to watch the performance, not paying much attention to the dance itself but rather to one dancer in particular, when Chaeng elbows my side.

 

“Oi ert get your over here and help me out will you.” Chaeng says with a roll of her eyes.

 

“Oh yeah right.. Uhh let’s go.” I reply scratching the back of my neck sheepishly, as I take one last glance at Momo who I swear is laughing under her breath.

 

Chaeyoung and I sit and go through a list of the backing music for tonight making sure that everything is ready when Momo comes over and wraps her arms around me from behind.

 

“Chaeng hope you don’t mind if I borrow this dork here for a second.” She says with a grin and Chaeyoung shrugs.

 

“Yeah we are finished here now anyway.” She replies, before Momo drags me off to one of the empty storage rooms.

 

Once we are inside I feel her push me against the door and look up to see a smirk on her face.

 

“Enjoy the show earlier Taetae?” She asks eyebrows raised.

 

“Like you even need to ask baby.” I say confidently looking back at her, moving my hands to rest on her waist.

 

“True..” She replies smirking ily at me.

 

“So why did you drag me into this dusty storage room.” I ask feigning innocence.

 

“You know why.”

 

I just chuckle in reply before leaning in and capturing her lips with mine.

 

The two of us quickly lose track of time behind the closed door of the storage room. After a while we can hear Mina calling out for us.

 

“Yah! Tae, Momo, stop making out already and let’s go, we have to get home and get ready before the performance tonight!” She yells and the two of us reluctantly pull apart, before making our way out of the room to be met with Mina’s glare, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung are smirking at us evilly, as I run my hand through my now messy hair in an attempt to straighten it out while smiling sheepishly.

 

“God you two idiots are worse than Tzuyu and Sana.” Mina says shaking her head before walking off.

 

“Hey!” Tzuyu yells before following her protesting.

 

We all head our separate ways and head home for a few hours before tonight.

 

………………………………………………………………

 

It’s finally time for the performance night to start. All of the music and dance students are gathered around behind the curtains. The hushed whispers of the audience can be heard throughout the auditorium. Yongsun and the dance teacher stand in the middle of us giving words of encouragement.

 

“Everything we have all worked for this year has lead up to this. For some of us.” Yongsun unnie pauses looking directly at me and Chaeng beside me. “this is the moment that could decide our future. But in all we are so proud of every single one of you here. So, let’s go out there and show them what we’ve got, but most importantly have fun.” She says and we all cheer.

 

“HWAITING!”

 

“Alright Dance Club, you are up first get ready.” The dance teacher says and I quickly squeeze Momo’s hand with a smile.

 

“Kill it babe.” I say and she smiles before heading over to her position as the headmaster makes his way onto the stage ready to begin the night.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter