Chapter 23

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae’s POV

 

Sitting in the car driving to the place I had planned in almost complete silence aside from the soft music playing over the radio and the quiet hum of the night time traffic while trying my best to conceal how nervous I am. Which by the way is definitely not working. Momo is sitting beside me quietly watching the road in front of us which I notice, due to frequently finding myself watching her from the corner of my eye and then constantly trying to refocus on the road. If my sisters could witness this, I would never hear the end of it from them. Thinking about her brings a small smile to my face which apparently doesn’t go unnoticed by Momo.

 

“Is something on your mind Taetae?” She asks with a small smile of her own.

 

"Mmm I suppose so, but it’s nothing really.” I reply quietly.

 

“Are you sure? You aren’t usually this quiet.”

 

I look over at her as we pull up at a traffic light and send a reassuring smile her way.

 

“It’s just the place I’m taking you, it has a lot of precious memories for me, I was just remembering, that’s all.”

 

“Oh, okay then where is this place?” Momo replies with a look that is filled with curiosity.

 

“I already told you it’s a surprise, but you will find out soon. We are almost there.” I say with a smile as the light turns green once more.

 

………..

 

“Alright we are here.” I say with a smile as I park my car.

 

“A playground?” Momo replies with a baffled expression.

 

“Well, yes and no. Come on I’ll show you.” I chuckle as I grab my guitar and a bag from the back seat.

 

“What’s the guitar for?” She asks once again with her eyebrows raised questioning.

 

“I have a promise to keep.” I reply with a smile before lightly taking her hand in mine.

 

“What kind of promise?”

 

“Why so many questions? You’ll find out soon enough, now let’s go!” I grin as I pull her along, up to the top of the hill not far from the playground.

 

As soon as we reach the top memories quickly flood my mind as I remember all the times I spent on top of this very hill with Hayoung. It overlooks the city and at this time of night you can see the city lights as well as a clear view of the stars above. Which of course is why I spent so much time here with my sister in the past, stargazing used to calm her, and now it’s become a way for me to remember her smile.

 

As I stand looking up at the sky with a content smile, I feel Momo squeeze my hand lightly and I look over to see her smiling beautifully.

 

“It’s beautiful up here.” She says while looking at the sky.

 

“Yeah, it’s probably my favourite place in the whole city. We used to come here to escape everything, and just muck around or stargaze.” I reply as I lay out a blanket I had brought with me gesturing for her to sit next to me. As she does she rests her head lightly on my shoulder and I wrap my arm lightly around her.

 

“You must miss her so much.” She says while looking into my eyes.

 

“I miss her every day, but it’s slowly becoming easier to bear, ever since I met you and Nayeon and the others. I’m starting to feel like myself again. I feel like I actually have something to smile about now. So, thank you for that.”

 

“I really didn’t do that much Taetae.”

 

“You’ve done so much more for me than you’ll ever realise.” I reply quietly with a small sigh. I feel Momo pull away slightly and look at me with a cheeky grin.

 

“So, are you going to show me what that guitar is for or not?” She replies effectively changing the subject.

 

“Impatient, aren’t we?” I chuckle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter