Critical Condition

Friends OR Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Through the cleared lane an ambulance came at such breathtaking speed, a  two pairs of strong hands pulled and lifted the two of them. Lisa couldn’t barely take another more movements, her eyes were starting to get heavy. In her blurry vision, she can sight jaejoong’s body was channelled onto a stretcher and into the ambulance along with her. With her numb fingers, she tried to reach for jaejoong’s hand, her eyes escapes with some tears mixed with her blood until the final seconds took her consciousness. The drips and beds rattled as the van speed off to the hospital.

 

Arriving at the hospital, nurses and a doctor automatically run towards the two stretchers that was being pulled along the endless hallway of the hospital. Jongsuk who just got back after finishing a surgery, saw lisa and jaejoong limp body from the stretchers which made him immediately run after them at the emergency room…

 

“W-What happen?” Jongsuk anxiously asked.

 

“They said it was a hit and run across the 14 street.” One nurses said.

 

“The male patient had an internal hemorrhage, please prepare for surgery! Dr. Lee i know you just finished your surgery but you’re the only good neurosurgeon i know here that can handle a critical condition like this. Can i leave the male patient on your hands?” Dr. Millers, his superior told him.

 

Jongsuk swallowed as he nodded… “Yes, Dr. Millers.”

 

Some nurses along with jongsuk surgical team, began to prepare for an immediate surgery for jaejoong since he’s in critical condition. While lisa on the other hand was under Dr. Millers team who’s also preparing for surgery.

 

While the surgery are both on going, Mrs. Kim and Hyunjoo arrived at the hospital with a heavy feeling of worries. They can’t accept the fact, that jaejoong and lisa got into accident and now hovering between life and death. The two of them restlessly waited outside the operating room, praying for the success of the surgery…

 

“Oh my god, it was all my fault.” Mrs. Kim sobbed. “If i just didn’t let them left from the house. If i just hear them out, none of this will happen.”

 

Hyunjoo went to hug her mom as she was also tearing up… “No mom, stop blaming yourself.” She said, patting her mom’s back gently. “They’ll be fine. Jaejoong and Lisa will be fine.”

 

Six hours later but the surgery was still on going and they notice that some nurses was keep on going in and out of the operating room. Hyunjoo went to approach one, to ask if what’s happening…

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

“The patient A heartbeat suddenly stops.”

 

Hyunjoo lightly furrowed… “Patient A?”

 

“The male patient.” The nurse said before running back inside the operating room.

 

From those words, hyunjoo feels like she was washed over a bucket of cold icy wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter