Graduation Ball

Friends OR Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that night and the following days, the two stop talking to each other and even going to the university separately. They finish their finals with both successful remarks and now even a candidacy on being one of the great on their studies. Lisa was candidate for magna laude while jaejoong was her laude.

 

 

 

The day before their college graduation, jaejoong finally received his letter of acceptance to Princeton University for his MBA. While lisa was on choice of every different business companies in Korea and that includes Jung Financial Group of Companies which owned by Yeonghwa’s Family.

 

 

 

On the day of their graduation ceremony, as what some predict lisa got the praise of being a magna laude along with jaejoong as the laude. She gave his inspirational speech to all of her fellow students and respectful faculties of the seoul university. When their graduation ceremony ends, all of graduates attended now the graduation ball held in a five star hotel. Until this time jaejoong and lisa still haven’t spoken to each other yet they somehow taking some glances but never dare to open their mouth and speak up about their issues which was jaejoong’s application to princeton.

 

 

 

Lisa go to the ball with her history classmate Yonghwa while Jaejoong go with Yesha.  Even they attend this ball, looks like the two of them were seem out of now where. Yes physically present but mentally absent.

 

 

 

Yeonghwa seem to notice lisa on being too pre-occupied these days, even she already told him so many times that she’s fine, he still knows that there something bothering her maybe she’s just to shy to tell him or don’t even want him to worry her own problem…

 

 

 

“Hi.” Yonghwa uttered in front of her and then seated beside her.

 

 

 

Lisa was seating in a table just across were jaejoong and yesha are seating…

 

 

 

“Hi, sorry am i boring?” She asked him.

 

 

 

“Actually yes.” He claimed and then suddenly chuckled at her. “No, you’re not. Well, a bit but…” He paused and stared at her facial reaction then suddenly pinch her nose. “I’m just kidding. But, it wouldn’t be boring if you’ll dance with me like right now i guess?”

 

 

 

Lisa lips curved a smile, the smile that make yonghwa a little bit tingly that somehow he couldn’t understand why he feels it on the first place every time he see her smiles…

 

 

 

“Dance? Uh, uh…i don’t dance. I’m a terrible dancer.” She said shooting her head.

 

 

 

“Come on, i’ll teach you. Don’t worry its free.” He smiled.

 

 

 

Lisa then gave up and took his hand before the two of them went at the middle of the dance floor and dance along the soft and sweet background music. On the other hand, jaejoong seem to saw everything that yonghwa did to his best friend most especially the pinching of her nose, which was actually jaejoong habit every time he teases lisa.

 

 

 

“Hey, jaejoong wanna dance?” Yesha invited. “Come on, don’t be too kill joy by just seating on this corner. Enjoy the night.”

 

 

 

Like lisa to yeonghwa, yesha was also jaejoong’s highschool crush and now history classmate. She’s korean but born in australia and move back to korean the homeland of her father during second year high school. She was secretly in love with him even before jaejoong had crush on her. She’s very athletic and the president of tennis club and varsity as well.

 

 

 

“Alright. This is a celebration anyways isn’t?” Jaejoong chuckled softly before both of them went also in the middle of the dance floor to dance, joining the other graduated students including yeonghwa and lisa.

 

 

 

Lisa and Jaejoong unexpectedly glance at each other as they dance along with their partners. You can see on their both eyes that they missed talking to each other and how they wanted to speak up but no right words were come out specially now that jaejoong is leaving korea for his MBA in Princeton tomorrow which will take about almost five years.

 

 

 

Even though it was very important for him, he just don’t want to leave her like this having a cold shoulder and not even dare on talking with each other. It was really hard for him to make this decision because he knows that five years wasn’t a joke, it was too long for them to not see each other though technology had improved these days with the internet and all to keep in touch. It was still different if you’re with that person, specially if that person is the one you cherish the most.

 

 

 

Out of the blue, lisa look away and excuse her self to yeonghwa walking away from the dance floor and straightly headed to one of the bar stools and demanded for a three tequila shots which gladly gave by a lady bartender.

 

 

 

“The last time i drink like that was when my ex boyfriend dump me.” The lady bartender suddenly uttered.

 

 

 

Lisa knitted her brows after straightly drinking the three shoots… “Excuse me?”

 

 

 

“Oh. I’m sorry. Am i too annoying?”

 

 

 

“No. No. Its okay, besides i don’t have a boyfriend.” She smilingly said before eating a salted lemon. “No one dump me. Ops, actually someone was about to.”

 

 

 

“So you have a boyfriend.”

 

 

 

Lisa shook her head… “No. Not a boyfriend. A best friend actually.”

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter