Cookie Crumbs

The Cha Brothers Part 2

            Pulling up to the drive way my heart beat like a drum. Why was I so nervous? I had nothing to hide, NamJoon and I were hanging out with a date like atmosphere. I haven’t said yes to him, nor have I said no to him, and the same goes to Ho Seok.

            We enter the house and was greeted by an upset Ho Seok.

            “Where were you two?” he asked. I opened my mouth, “Hush! Don’t answer that! You.” He pointed at a chill little younger brother.

            “What?” NamJoon answered with a smug look. Ho Seok looked his in the face, and went red. All he could let out was a high pitch scream shaking his hands in front of NamJoon, and he went angrily upstairs. NamJoon and I looked at each other, we both shared wide eyes of shock. Tae, who was sitting on the couch, broke down in laughter with Kook. Jimin shook his head and made Tae go talk to him, and make sure he didn’t break anything.

            “That went a lot better than I thought.” Jin said standing in the kitchen door way. “You guys hungry?” he asked and retreated into the kitchen.

 

            In the kitchen there was homemade pizzas, cookies and a cake.

            “Wow.” I said and looked around.

            “Yeah the chief that NamJoon hired was Italian and a baker. He made Kook’s favorite cake and cooked three of our favorite pizza’s.” Jin looked at me. “Can you imagine the look on Tae and Ho Seok’s face when they saw that guy in the kitchen and not Sam? It was amazing.” We laughed and Jin served us out food. It was strange but it was also delicious.

 

            Later that night after Jin and I cleaned up the kitchen and put the food away, I was just lying in bed. It was maybe around 11:15 pm, and I was just thinking of the day. NamJoon is the only brother, that I know of, who actually went to see his mother, he works so hard to be great so his mother will have a reason to be proud and keep going herself. I felt proud to know him so much more now, and honored in a way to know that he was asking me to marry him. I rolled to myside and blushed to myself, and the image of him in the kitchen from earlier ran through my head. I swallowed hard and curled into a ball.

            “Why is it so… big?” I questioned myself. I placed my hands on my face and rubbed my eyes, opening them and rethinking what I just said to myself. I giggled about the day and decided I was going to get my shower and go to bed.

 

            After my shower I put on some sweat pants and a t-shirt along with some socks and my boot and headed to the kitchen for a cookie or two. I sat on the counter and enjoyed the snitcher doodle with a small cart of banana milk. The sound of someone coming down the stairs made me hop off the counter. Ho Seok came around the corner and gave me the cold shoulder. I made a pouting face at him as he opened the fridge and search through it. I continued to eat my cookie. He leaned against the island counter opposite from me and watched me as he ate a cookie himself.

            “Have fun with NamJoon today?” he said childishly. I smiled, and he took another bite.

            “Yeah, it was very refreshing.” I answered him, and his nose scrunched.

            “Good, because in a few days I need a date to a convention for my studio.”

            “What?”

            “Yep, you and I are going out. I’ll have you and Jimin go get you something to wear. I’ll make sure he doesn’t get you something to make your boot stand out.”

            “Hey, wait you didn’t even ask me to go.”

            “You’re going to go. You like watching dancing.” I thought about what he said and he was right. I loved watching him dance. And Jimin and Kook. I huffed and looked at him, he was finishing his cookie. He dusted his hands and began to make his way out the kitchen.

            “Wait, did you eat the rolls I made for you earlier?” I asked and came back over.

            “When did you make them?”

            “Before I left with NamJoon today, I made them for when you and Jimin came back from working out.” His eyes went to the fridge and back to me. He walked over and just stood with his hands crossed over his chest.

            “You thought about me before you left?” he pinched my check. “That’s so cute.” I moved my face away from him and we exchanged smiles. I grabbed my milk cart and sipped from the straw just a little bit. “You have some crumbs on your face.” He said and I reached up to my mouth and touched the one side.

            Ho Seok moved in close, grabbed my face with his thumb and pointer finger and gently, the side of my mouth. I was frozen. “I got it.” he said with his devilish smile and snatched my juice, leaving the kitchen.

            Can never expect a normal night thanks to that boy. But a convention for his studio? That sounded pretty cool. I touched the area that his tongue touched and smiled, even a giggle slipped from my lips. I cleaned up my cookie crumbs and headed to bed.