'Let Me Play'

The Cha Brothers Part 2

 

            In the kitchen Ho Seok was helping me cook a reverse dinner. He was mixing the eggs up and while I prepared the bread to make French toast.

            “I’m done with the eggs, what do you want me to do now?” he asked placing the beaten eggs next to the stack of bread I made.

            “Um… well you can just watch I guess.” I had the stove prepared with a pan and butter on the sides. I dipped the bread in eggs and thought I forgot something. “Ho Seok?” I asked, I pointed to the cabinet. Opening it, I saw the missing ingredient; Cinnamon. Last time I made French toast, Kook cleaned up and put the cinnamon on the top shelf were I can’t reach. I pointed to it. “Can you reach that?”

            I felt a body press against mine and I he let out a breath in my ear. I got the Cinnamon without any trouble at all, but doesn’t move an inch. He places the container I need down and wraps his other arm around my body and pulls me tightly to him.

            “Just having you close me like this.” He pulled me in a little tighter. I bit my lips and he let out a small chuckle releasing his grip. He sighed and went to the counter island and sat down. I was still catching my breath, half bent over the counter. “Not fun being teased is it?” his smile was known.

            “Behave yourself Ho Seok.”

            “Why should I?” he said be with his playful dark voice.

            “I’m cooking.” I straighten up and continued what I was doing.

            “Then when dinner is over, I want to show you something.” I looked back at him for a second and all I got was a smile. Not a mischievous smile but a cute one.

 

            Dinner was calm. Everyone sat around the table and ate. Jin and YoonGi called NamJoon and told them they be staying late. Two spots were left unattended during dinner and that was very unsettling. I didn’t even sit at the table and eat. Tae must have talked to Kook because Kook was very quiet during dinner.

            “This is so awkward.” Ho Seok said. Since he was the oldest right now. “Kook, you got scolded by your hyung, don’t take it to heart too much but everything he said was correct.” It was quiet again.

            “I know, Hyung.” Was all Kook answered with as he ate.

            “NamJoon.” Ho Seok turned his attention to his brother. NamJoon looked at him with his dark eyes. Ho Seok just gave him a look and everyone continued to eat.

            “Noona, I’ll help you clean up.” Kook said and Ho Seok’s eyes narrowed for a moment. I nodded and ate at the counter.

            The guys began to talk, and clear the air between all of them while I was having a full conversation with Tae, just using our eyes.

            What’s going on between you and my brothers?

            Like I have any idea, Tae. they both been acting weird.

            Talk later?

            Yeah.

           

            Dinner was done and everyone but Kook was in their rooms relaxing.  Kook was very quiet and it honestly made my heart feel some type of way. I finished cleaning the table and swept the floors. All that needed to be done was the dishes.

            I sat on the counter island behind and watched how slow he was working. I didn’t think to talk to him or bother him, he was in his own thoughts.

            It took him 15 extra minutes but it was done.

            “Thanks Kook.”

            “No problem Noona.” I started to go towards my room. “Hey, wait.” I turned around and he was nervously rubbing his hands together.

            “What’s up?”

            “I’m sorry about earlier.” He said and I had to immediately cut him off.  

            “Kook, I had so much fun and a little leg pain isn’t going to kill me.” I pet his head and he smiled at me.

            “I’m still sorry.”

            “Don’t be.” I said and we left the kitchen.

 

            I went to my room and found a guest waiting for me.

            “Kook seems to really find you as his go to.” Ho Seok was laying on my bed in his own grey sweats and a white tank top. He was playing on his phone and looked at me with his tongue out.

            “Yeah so what?” I said sitting on the bed next to him. “I think everyone needs someone to talk to about personal things.”

            “So who do you go to about personal things?” Tae’s face flashed through my mind.

            “Your brother.” I giggled to myself at the loaded answer. He sat up quickly taking me into his arms and pulling me down on top of him.

            “Which brother?” he asked face to face, inches away. His hands where on my waist, his fingertips rubbing the very little skin that was exposed.

            “Ho Seok…” I said low.

            “Ya know don’t answer that. I just want to know do I make your heart race like how you make mine race?” I didn’t know how to answer but I knew that my heart was racing right now. “Sam, I’ve been holding back for so long and I don’t think I can anymore.”

            “What are you talking about?” I asked quickly and as soon as the words came out my mouth, Ho Seok wrapped my legs around him and we switched positions. He was on top and I remembered the first time he was like this with me.

            What was I thinking back then?

            “Sam.” He said and I was back in the moment. “Let me play.” He said and my heart literally stopped for a second.