Like A TV Show

The Cha Brothers Part 2

 

            It took two hours for Jin, Isabel, and Ho Seok to come home. Tae made me sit in the kitchen as he and Kook stared at me, until they came home. When I tried to get up to see them, NamJoon forced me back down into the dining room seat.

            “You’re not going anywhere.” He said pushing my shoulders down. Ho Seok came around the corner quickly and just looked at me. He sighed heavy, running his fingers through his hair with an astonished look. Jin followed up behind him with Isabel next to him. Tae and Kook were surprised to see her behind Jin but it wasn’t the issue right now.

            “We have a restraining order against Rhiou, but we established,” Jin looked at Ho Seok and he nodded to his older brother. “Sam, you’re not allowed to leave the house by yourself.”

            “What?” I said, feeling like I was being grounded.

            “I told you she wouldn’t like it.” Isabel said to Jin. “I tried to talk to them, Sam.”

            “I just don’t understand.”

            “Sam, every time you go out by yourself, you get hurt in some way.” Ho Seok said looking disappointed.

            “It’s not every time.” I wined. I looked around and everyone but Isabel seemed to be against me.

            “How bad is it that Sam can’t leave the house alone?” she questioned. Everyone looked at each other, then Jin sat down and began to explain the list. Mostly just the breaking my ankle, then going temporarily blind, and now almost being attacked by a heart broken woman.

            “Hey, looks to me that this one is mostly your fault.” Isabel said to Jin.

            “What? How?” Jin was flustered.

            “You shouldn’t have broken her heart.” Isabel looked at me and gave me a soft smile. “Sam, for now on you came come out with me.”

            “Sorry Isabel, but I don’t want Sam to go anywhere for a little bit unless one of us are with her.” Nam Joon stepped in.

            “Why?” Isabel and I both said in sync.

            “Well, for one, she may be fine but I would like some more time for her brain and ankle to heal. Just for my brothers and I to feel better.” Ho Seok nodded to Jin’s words. “And since Kook and Tae will be finishing their classes soon, they’ll be able to go out with her.”

            “Most definitely.” Kook said cheering up the mood.

            “I was looking forward to hanging out with Sam though.” Isabel wined looking at Jin. He gave an annoyed but relaxed looked.

            “Maybe later on, but for now, one of us has to be with you.” He looked at me and dismissed himself from the table. I sank down in the chair. Tae came and sat next to me, rubbing one shoulder.

            “I tried.” Isabel said to me, and I nodded. I appreciated her tires but I knew nothing was going to waver his decision.

 

            From there, I started to cook, and talked to Tae and Kook about the day. Kook has been avoiding girls who saw him on TV. Tae has been being big brother to Kook all day. I told them about the entire encounter with Rhiou.

            “Everyone is out to get you Sam.” He joked. “Maybe we should send you home before anymore happened.” He and Kook giggled.

            I finished cooking and called everyone to the meal. I wasn’t feeling hungry so Isabel took my spot at the table.

            “Wow!” Isabel was surprised with my cooking. Everyone just giggled at her. Just then YoonGi and Jimin came through the front door and headed straight to for the dinner table. I set their places and they dug in. YoonGi talked to Jin about the situation and asked how he was planning to deal with it. Jin didn’t hold back a single detail that he knew of.

            “How are you planning to tell father?” he asked next, and everything went silence for only a moment.

            “I’ll tell him…” Jin wasn’t sure what to say, he fumbled over his words. He never told Mr. Cha about Rhiou, so her attempted attack on me would be hard for him to let go.

            “Tell him it was a random attack.” NamJoon said. “Tell him that Rhiou hates foreign woman, and seeing Sam and Isabel threw her over the edge. It’ll work well with the dialoged in the video.” I recalled Rhiou yelling that foreign woman are stealing Korean men, or something of that kind. Jin nodded and began to go over everything Jin missed after he left.

            I felt distant from everyone. Just watching them talk and laugh. I went to my room to lay down. Being scared really took a lot out of me. I covered my eyes, remembering the incident. It was all a blur, but not like it happened so fast blur, more like the entire time everything was happening, it didn’t register with my sight right away. I just saw the figure running at me, then yelling, then coming at me again. The more I thought about it, I don’t remember the other faces around us in the café. I couldn’t remember the face of Isabel’s body guard either. Was something wrong with me again? I rolled onto my stomach and wiggled around annoyed at myself.

 

            “Noona?” a voice said coming to the door. I lifted my head and saw Kook standing in the door way.

            “What’s up?” I groaned. I looked at my phone and saw I had fallen asleep. It had been two hours. Great.

            “Just checking on you. You, kind of disappeared after dinner.” He came in and sat on the bed. I curled around him, he was warm and muscular. “NamJoon Ho Seok and Tae were worried about you but, they didn’t want to lead on to Isabel just yet.”

            “Tae could have come with you.” I said kind of disappointed. Kook leaned back and ended up laying over me. “Kook your soo heavy!” I groaned and laughed.

            “Noona,” he whined and wiggled. He through his arms up and pushed over me more. I poked his armpit and he let out a girlish scream that shocked both of us. We looked at each other and heard him coming. Ho Seok burst through the door.

            “Why do I keep finding you in her bed?!” he yelled but we just laughed.

 

 

            Ho Seok dragged us out the room and into the living room with everyone else. I sat with Tae and rested my head on his shoulder. He rested his head on mine as well and Kook sat on the other side on me with his back against me.

            “Are the three of you close?” Isabel asked and we all just smiled.

            “You can say that.” Tae answered.

            “So, the seven of you were just okay with getting a sister?” She finally asked.

            “That’s not exactly how it went.” Jimin said and Isabel realized that she wasn’t in on something. We all smiled looking around at each other.

            “What?” She asked Jin and he shook his head.

            “I didn’t say anything.” He answered but smiling.

            “Do I not know something?”

            “There’s a lot you don’t know.” YoonGi added with a chuckle. Her frustration was building.

            “Can someone please fill me in?” she asked everyone and then looked at me. “Come on Sam, don’t leave me in the dark.” I looked at Jin and YoonGi.

            “I’m their sister.” I said motioning to Tae, and Kook. “But not their sister.” I motioned to Ho Seok and NamJoon. I pointed to Jimin, “I’m his sister too.”

            “What is going on?” she asked Jin.

            “Sam is to be married into the family, just like you. Only, none of us know who she’s going to marry.” Jimin said. Isabel’s face was struck with confusion.

            “Someone tell her before she pops a blood vessel in her brain.” Ho Seok chimed in.

            “Okay, okay. Isabel, listen carful.” Jin said.

            “OH, story time with Jin.” Kook said playfully and got settled into a comfy position.

            “Anyway, NamJoon found Sam’s resume on our hiring list, and decided that she would be a great candidate for our house keeper and cook.” Isabel began to talk but he stopped her. “Please hold all question for the end of the story.” He smiled and she rolled her eyes smiling back. “The day after he met with her one on one, Sam found Tae passed out on the side way drunk and took him home to make sure he was okay. That’s how she ended up meeting Ho Seok and Kook that night also. A day or two later, we all met her at the office and she almost had a heart attack when she found out we were all brothers.” Everyone giggled a little, and this time I got roll my eyes at them. “Some things came up after she began working for us, and those things meant we, the eldest brother, had to leave Korea for a while. My father asked for Sam to move in and make sure Kook and Tae didn’t starve to death, while keeping the house clean.

            “She did and in the end, she became close to my youngest brothers.” Tae and Kook raised their hands. “Did I mention the entire time Ho Seok and NamJoon are fighting their feelings for this girl; one having a more difficult time then the other.” Jin eyed down Ho Seok. “It goes on and on, things happen that you’ll learn about as time goes on. But to bring you to the end, Ho Seok, NamJoon and Tae, all asked Father to marry Sam. Father was completely for it but with three son’s asking one girl, it was bound to be complicated.

            “Father had us sit down in the kitchen one night and they all asked Sam at once.”

            “What did you say?!” Isabel couldn’t hold it back anymore.

            “Sam didn’t say anything until the next day.” Jimin finished.

            “What? Why?” Isabel asked.

            “Sam passed out right then and there. We just took her to her room and let her sleep it off. It was weird the first few days. She couldn’t even talk to Tae about it because he was part of the three that purposed but in the end-”

            “In the end, Tae gave in, and now it’s between NamJoon and I.” Ho Seok cut off Jin. “Sorry hyung.” He said to his brother.

            “Wow.” Isabel looked at Ho Seok, then me, then NamJoon, then back to me. “Your living every girls wildest dream Sam!”

            “Wh-what?” I asked confused.

            “It’s like a drama! Girl comes to Korea, finds work as a house maid and ends up being engaged to two young healthy heirs! Who are brothers!” she seemed so excited.

            “Believe me, if we wrote a story about it, people would think it was ridiculous.” NamJoon added.

            “Yeah, she worries us way too much. Maybe not as much no as she did then but still.” Ho Seok rubbed his head like he had a headache.

            “I’m not that bad.” I said low. Tae placed his arm round me and pulled me in closer.

            “Not anymore.” YoonGi even whispered. “I miss your pancakes though.” He gave a sad face and Jimin patted his head. YoonGi shot a look at Jimin, but he giggled back.

            I felt happy again. Not distant anymore. This night was something I enjoyed. Talking, laughing, watching the brothers play around, and act care free and relaxed; spectacular. And with Isabel around I could chat about girly things. Did I ever need to even talk about girly things? I relaxed and just enjoyed the conversations. Isabel was trying to get to know everyone without prying too deep. We could respect that.

           

            As then night went on, Jin decided it was time for Isabel to go home for the night. He took it upon himself to drive her himself, after he left, YoonGi went to bed, the Kook and Jimin, leaving Tae, Ho Seok, NamJoon and I downstairs. I was dosing off so Tae took me to my room.

 

            “Looking back on it, your story is quiet strange.” he said, sitting on the bed as I cuddled up under the blanket. “You come off so awkward and weird when most girls would have chosen who they wanted by now.” I laid on my back and looked up.

            “Am I that strange?” I questioned, but he just chuckled. His deep voice rumbled his muffled laugh.

            “If you weren’t, you couldn’t fit in.” he my head once. “Goodnight.” He said, but before he could leave my side I took his wrist. “What’s wrong?” he questioned. I looked at his face and couldn’t see it. I couldn’t see the depths of his eyes, they just looked like dark blurs. The detail that was once there, wasn’t anymore.

            “Sam? Are you alright.” I let go of his wrist.

            “Yeah…”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yeah I’m fine. Goodnight.” I rolled over to my side, facing away from him.

            “G-goodnight.” When the door shut behind him, I blinked a few times. It’s dark so I can’t freak out about anything. I’ll have to talk to Jin about it. No. I’ll have to talk to YoonGi. Jin has too much to think about right now.

 

Hey guys, hows it going?

Hope you enjoy that chapter!

More to come soon!!

I promise.