Nothing Can Compare

The Cha Brothers Part 2

 

            Talk about a rush. Emotionally, I felt like I was going to cry if Mr. Cha let go of my hand. I know he felt my anxiety and maybe that’s why he had placed me in in between Jimin and TaeHyung. As soon as I was seated he had TaeHyung take my hand himself.

            “She’s extremely nervous, so hold her hand tightly.” He told him. His fifth son nodded and took my hand tightly. Mr. Cha then went with Jin to the front of the room and the ceremony truly began. There were a few hundred people in the room. I didn’t dare look around like a child, but I kept my place. I didn’t even dare to move, I only look up and to see SeokJin and Mr. Cha, I didn’t look at anyone else. Every now and again Tae would squeeze my hand, and I would squeeze back.

 

            All in all, the entire ceremony was about two hours. Jin must have been exhausted. In the end, Jin had to recite a two-page oath, one page for the leadership role and one for the responsibility of all the workers. He and about 3 other older gentlemen sighed a paper and Jin sealed it with his finger prints. His father then pulled out a seal from inside his suit jacket pocket and handed it over to Jin.

            Everyone but TaeHyung and I clapped. I smiled for him, out of happiness for him finally getting where he wanted to be and for being able to breath steady now.

 

            That’s when the reporters began to ask questions to the new C.E.O. of Cha Incorporated.

            “What is your plans for the future?”, “Do you plan to change the way the company does business?”, “Are you ready for this role?”, “What’s your plans for your future now?”

            Jin answered all the questions thoroughly, and carefully worded everything. He left no hint for anything to be taken in the wrong content. He didn’t hesitate a bit and people looked impressed by the young man.

            “Who is the young woman who came with your family today? Your fiancé? Perhaps one of your brother’s fiancé?” a man asked and Jin gave a genuine smile.

            “That young woman is none of anyone’s concern but my families’, but if you much to know, she is now my younger sister. That is all the questions I will answer about family matter; I prefer to keep family and business separate dealings.”

            Mr. Cha who stood next to his son mouthed something to him and Jin took a deep breath and smiled widely to his father.

            “That will be all the questions for today, we shall move to the invitation only part of the day. Thank you all for coming out.”

            People then began to call out to all of us, asking us questions, and trying to get more information. Immediately, Mr. Cha came for me and I took his hand. I stayed close to him and kept my head down.

            We all took the C.E.O. elevator to the heir’s office (I was informed of the office name by Tae on the way up), the second time I had ever been up here. Never I had thought I would be here as a family member this time. A few others also came up after us.

            In the course of 15 minutes there were about 20-25 people in the heir’s office, lounging around, talking. The drinks where nonalcoholic of course but bubbly and delicious.

            I stuck around Mr. Cha, he knew that there were many others with their eyes on me and he did not want me to be in any uncomfortable position.

            “Father?” I turned with Mr. Cha to see Jin, he was standing with a woman by his side. “This is Isabel Rhox.” He introduced her to him. Mr. Cha was quite pleased with her, and even carried out a small conversation but I was totally inaudible. She was a beauty. Nothing could be said to describe her. I was just speechless.

            “Isabel, this is Samuel, my sister.” Jin stated.

            “It’s amazing to meet you. Jin didn’t tell me he had a gorgeous sister.” Her accent was adorable, and she didn’t struggle with her Korean. I looked at Mr. Cha, unsure if I should answer.

            “She’s going to be your sister-in-law, so you can talk to her.” He said with a smile. I quickly looked back at Isabel.

            “It’s truly an honor to meet you. All Jin told us about you, was your name.” she blushed and looked at Jin. He looked up and away shyly. “Do you speak English well?”

            “I do.” She answered in English and giggled a bit.

            “As do I.” our eyes connected and we both smiled ear to ear.

            “I see you will get along just fine.” Jin interjected. “Isabel, I have to introduce you to six brothers now. You’ll have time to get comfortable with Sam later.”

            “Your right.” She answered him. “It was a pleasure to meet you Samuel.” She said once again. “And you Mr. Cha.” He nodded as she bowed. Jin then placed his hand on her waist and they walked to another group.

            “What do you think Sam?” Mr. Cha asked me. “Do you think they make a good couple?”

            “They look like two pieces of fine art.” I answered him.

            “I think so also.” He said, I saw the smile not only worn by his mouth, but in his eyes. He was happy for his son, even if their together by arrange marriage, they seem perfectly happy with each other.

           

 

this chapter is a little short but i can garentee you

a long chapter is on its way.

be perpared, ill leave markers on it for easy come back to spots. :)

Have a good day everyone!!!